ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois' Giorgi Bezhanishvili...

zazoo2002

All Conference
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2002
With Utah transfer Donnie Tillman looking at both RU and Illinois, I checked-out their roster and noticed that Giorgi Bezhanishvili, who scored 35 pts against RU in their overtime loss to Illinois this past season, played for The Patrick School (Elizabeth) his senior year. So, curious...for those in the know, did Pike ever give Bezhanishvili a look or was he a lock to UI?

With Utah transfer Donnie Tillman looking at both RU and Illinois, I checked-out their roster and noticed that Giorgi Bezhanishvili, who scored 35 pts against RU in their overtime loss to Illinois this past season, played for The Patrick School (Elizabeth) his senior year. So, curious...for those in the know, did Pike ever give Bezhanishvili a look or was he a lock to UI?

Not sure, I know he was mostly getting mid major looks besides Illinois. Going to assume no one thought he would have the Fr year he did based on his ranking. Solid sleeper for best offensive big in the B1G if he can figure out his foul trouble which was a mess throughout last season...has to be up there for most foul outs in the country last year.

Reactions: zazoo2002
Thought I read on this forum thar we got involved but too late in the process
pike looked at him but never offered and that pissed some people off. Giorgi wanted to come to RU fwiw. We're fine without him we'll still be good but he'd be a really nice piece to have

I saw him play for the Patrick School when they beat Linden in OT at Hillside High. He impressed me that night but most people thought Vlad Manuel was the better player. The Patrick School ran most of their plays through Manuel. Tavon Jones of Linden was unstoppable that night. I think he might have had 40 or close to it.

Pike’s done a good job of identifying under-the-radar guys with Baker, McConnell, Johnson, and even Harper, before he blew up. However, he missed here. Giorgi is exactly what this team needs this year. Water under the bridge.

Vlad Manuel is at Harcum for his sophomore year. We sniffed him last year but he was not as yet academically eligible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT