ADVERTISEMENT

I'm really looking forward to the Iowa dual

matter7172

Sophomore
Nov 14, 2012
From Hawkeye Report:

"ROFL Minnesota is so weak from 165-285. We'll smoke them even if Lee redshirts. Same goes for Rutgers."

And this is from one of their more "reasonable" posters. Guess he's never heard of Pagano, Gravina or Gross. He will, though. :)

I give Rutgers a very good shot of winning the dual and would love to see it happen.

I bet you were a popular kid in school-

"teacher, teacher-Joey said a bad word!"

Just trying to pump up the faithful with some bulletin board material. :) There are some here that believe it can't be done, but I think beating Iowa is well within reach for Rutgers this season.

Reactions: CowboyUp61
I think this is my most anticipated match of the year.
Anything can happen.
(I don't think we have a shot at Ohio State or Penn State - but who really does)
I might have to watch Iowa if they face PSU or OSU (not sure of the schedule)
Just to see the beat down.

I think this is my most anticipated match of the year.
Anything can happen.
(I don't think we have a shot at Ohio State or Penn State - but who really does)
I might have to watch Iowa if they face PSU or OSU (not sure of the schedule)
Just to see the beat down.

I predict PSU shuts out Iowa which will be hilarious. Rutgers has a good shot at Iowa and definetly wont get shut out by PSU (RU can take first two weights and maybe 3 if Ash wrestles).

PSU vs Iowa
Schnupp(or whoever mans this spot) vs Perez..PSU
Keener vs Laux ..PSU
Lee vs Turk.PSU
Zain vs Sorenson..PSU
Nolf vs Kemerer..PSU
Joseph vs Maranelli..PSU
Hall vs Young..PSU
Nickal vs Wilcke..PSU
Cutch or Cassar vs Holloway..PSU
Nevills vs Stoll..PSU

RU vs Iowa
Suriano vs Perez..RU
Delvechio vs Laux..RU
Van Brill vs Turk..Iowa
Deluca vs Sorenson..Iowa
Lewis vs Kemerer..Iowa..match of the night
Van Brill vs Maranelli..Iowa
Pagano vs Young..RU
Gravina vs Wilcke..RU
Mulligan vs Holloway..toss up
Gross vs Stoll..Iowa

RU needs an upset at 141 or 157 and take 197 and they could win this..

I predict PSU shuts out Iowa which will be hilarious. Rutgers has a good shot at Iowa and definetly wont get shut out by PSU (RU can take first two weights and maybe 3 if Ash wrestles).

PSU vs Iowa
Keener vs Laux ..PSU
Lee vs Turk.PSU
Zain vs Sorenson..PSU
Nolf vs Kemerer..PSU
Joseph vs Maranelli..PSU
Hall vs Young..PSU
Nickal vs Wilcke..PSU
Nevills vs Stoll..PSU

RU vs Iowa
Suriano vs Perez..RU
Delvechio vs Laux..RU
Van Brill vs Turk..Iowa
Deluca vs Sorenson..Iowa
Pagano vs Young..RU
Gravina vs Wilcke..RU
Gross vs Stoll..Iowa

Kemmerer is good but not Nolf. Think Lewis can take him. Especially at home.

Reactions: demauroj
Kemmerer is good but not Nolf. Think Lewis can take him. Especially at home.

Lewis definetly has a shot..at this point Kem is favorite, and that's why I put match of the night. if RU wins that weight, I can't see Iowa winning

Lewis definetly has a shot..at this point Kem is favorite, and that's why I put match of the night. if RU wins that weight, I can't see Iowa winning

Lewis/Kemerer absolutely match of the night.

Also, call me crazy, but I am not much of a Stoll believer. I expect a much improved Gross to give him trouble.

Alex Marinelli, and agree Van Brill doesn't win that match.

PSU vs Iowa
Keener vs Laux ..PSU
Lee vs Turk.PSU
Zain vs Sorenson..PSU
Nolf vs Kemerer..PSU
Joseph vs Maranelli..PSU
Hall vs Young..PSU
Nickal vs Wilcke..PSU
Nevills vs Stoll..PSU

RU vs Iowa
Suriano vs Perez..RU
Delvechio vs Laux..RU
Van Brill vs Turk..Iowa
Deluca vs Sorenson..Iowa
Pagano vs Young..RU
Gravina vs Wilcke..RU
Gross vs Stoll..Iowa

Young might surprise for the Hawks,could be a tuff out in march...

Lewis/Kemerer absolutely match of the night.

Also, call me crazy, but I am not much of a Stoll believer. I expect a much improved Gross to give him trouble.

Don't see it. Stoll tough IF he completely recovered..could be tough on the big man though..I believe he's had 2 knee surgeries in 2 yrs..

Young might surprise for the Hawks,could be a tuff out in march...

Actually, you're right..I haven't seen Young but have heard a lot of hype. I like Pagano,

Bonus can play a role as well..only definite bonus match will be Suriano..he will get tech or pin. Sorenson is Iowa best shot at bonus..major at best..gonna be a real interesting match..can't wait for this one. If Nick opens up with a pin, that can be real hard for Iowa..they's have to win 6 assuming no bonus for them.

My % of Iowa's chances of winning..

Perez 0%
Laux 25%
Turk 51%
Sorenson 100%
Kem 55%
Maranelli 70%
Young 45%
Wilcke 40%
Holloway 50%
Stoll 80%

I don't see Iowa winning 6 if Nick pins it could be all she wrote for the Hawks

Last edited:
Not a Stoll believer here. Back in the day his "tie up and push toward OOB without ever changing position" offense would have been cautioned out. Mobile and active wrestlers can give him fits if he isn't allowed to tie up their arms.

Not a Stoll believer here. Back in the day his "tie up and push toward OOB without ever changing position" offense would have been cautioned out. Mobile and active wrestlers can give him fits if he isn't allowed to tie up their arms.

Agree that active mobile wrestlers will give him fits..I think Gross is a push em around wrestler and will be exactly what the doctor ordered for Stoll. Now that I'm thinking about it..Stoll is a pinner. If he pins Gross..and Suriano pins..I don't know who the hell wins!

Agree that active mobile wrestlers will give him fits..I think Gross is a push em around wrestler and will be exactly what the doctor ordered for Stoll. Now that I'm thinking about it..Stoll is a pinner. If he pins Gross..and Suriano pins..I don't know who the hell wins!

I see Gross as the opposite. I see him as a long, athletic heavy. He would have been a force if he had chosen to wrestle first in college. Stoll is a staller and a pusher. I could easily see it being a very low scoring match where if Gross catches him for 2 he could win.

I see Gross as the opposite. I see him as a long, athletic heavy. He would have been a force if he had chosen to wrestle first in college. Stoll is a staller and a pusher. I could easily see it being a very low scoring match where if Gross catches him for 2 he could win.

Amazing how two different people see total opposites. "Long?" I've only seen Gross on TV..he seems to only be about 5'10..am I way off? Seems short and stocky on TV.

Gross is not "Long".

Reactions: obrats and pish69
Amazing how two different people see total opposites. "Long?" I've only seen Gross on TV..he seems to only be about 5'10..am I way off? Seems short and stocky on TV.

Yeah, he's pretty short. He is athletic, though. I like the way he wrestles Snyder, even if he does get slaughtered. He's game.

Reactions: pish69
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT