ADVERTISEMENT

IMPORTANT that every season ticket holder knows...

Rokicki

Redshirt
Oct 22, 2012
...we are all comped a ticket for Texas St for every ticket you hold. A friend of mine wasn't aware. Call the ticket office and they will email you print-at-home tickets. Give them to a friend or neighbor. Spread the word. Let's fill it up!

...we are all comped a ticket for Texas St for every ticket you hold. A friend of mine wasn't aware. Call the ticket office and they will email you print-at-home tickets. Give them to a friend or neighbor. Spread the word. Let's fill it up!
Thanks for posting this...

Reactions: 17Q66
Seriously people just print them out and knock on your neighbors door! Or give them to the wife when she goes to pick up the kids from school she can give them to another mom she talks with so she can go with her kid or her husband with the kid, etc. Get butts in the seats! Even if they are unknowledgeable it's OK even better actually because if we destroy TSU then they will just think we're really good.

Reactions: IMARUFAN and RU'70
Its sad that its come to this. Maybe we should have tried harder to hold onto those fans who gave up their tix over the last few years.

Reactions: RUsince52
If anyone isn’t using theres, I wouldn’t mind scooping one up from somebody. It’s may be the only game I can go to this year so I didn’t buy season tickets.

If Fan Appreciation Day showing is any indication, the turnout for Texas St is going to be lacking. I do hope I'm wrong. We're giving away 2 of the comped tickets.

Seriously people just print them out and knock on your neighbors door! Or give them to the wife when she goes to pick up the kids from school she can give them to another mom she talks with so she can go with her kid or her husband with the kid, etc. Get butts in the seats! Even if they are unknowledgeable it's OK even better actually because if we destroy TSU then they will just think we're really good.
This... the freebies or extras or games I can’t go, I give to one of the dads in the neighborhood with a young kid. Get them
Into football st a young age (hopefully) and it’s a relatively inexpensive day out. $50-60 for some food and parking

Just tell 'em it's Texas. They won't know the difference between a Longhorn and a Bobcat. They're both in the Austin market so what's the difference. When we're up three TDs just say. "hook 'em horns?......yeah right !"

For now. Maybe he should beat OSU or MSU at some point. Kyle flood has more wins over Michigan than harbaugh dies over those two schools.
Not the point. The point was they did something to address the unhappiness of the fan base who voted with their feet. Here not so much.

Reactions: chrisru99
If anyone has extra tickets they don't plan on using for Saturday vs Texas St... I can put them to good use. Have been inviting lots of friends and family to join (the tailgate is always the big draw). Luckily most of them have said yes so I could use the tickets

Reactions: NBknight8
Its sad that its come to this. Maybe we should have tried harder to hold onto those fans who gave up their tix over the last few years.

I think Rutgers is in a tough spot for these reasons:

-participation in football at the youth levels dropping.
-age of average fan increasing, as far as I can tell
-poor on-field results
-scandals were real, critical media unhelpful
-GOP Gov Christie failed to control taxes, Murphy is worse, people flee state.. population coming into state prefers futbol

Being in the Big Ten should make this the most exciting time for Rutgers Football EVER... yet we have more hurdles to leap. Perhaps the good economy will turn things around.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Being in the Big Ten should make this the most exciting time for Rutgers Football EVER... yet we have more hurdles to leap. Perhaps the good economy will turn things around.
Speaking as a former hurdler, there is a wonderful feeling when you run your race and get to the finish the way you want.

I’ll have that same thought when we make the final turn here. It’s gonna happen.

I think Rutgers is in a tough spot for these reasons:

-participation in football at the youth levels dropping.
-age of average fan increasing, as far as I can tell
-poor on-field results
-scandals were real, critical media unhelpful
-GOP Gov Christie failed to control taxes, Murphy is worse, people flee state.. population coming into state prefers futbol

These are all fair points but if you put a winning product back on the field people will come.

These are all fair points but if you put a winning product back on the field people will come.
yeah.. but CFB was HUGE not too long ago.. the best teams still have the hoopla and demand but there are problems everywhere. We FINALLY make it to "California" only to find out that the gold rush is over.

From Feb 2018.. College Football largest attendance drop in 34 years

We joked about Notre Dames and Pitt's aging fan base.. maybe that is happening to a lesser extent all over the college football world and people are retiring to Florida and Arizona and so on and giving up their season tix because the younger generation in the family doesn't care that much... or has spread to the winds.

Reactions: Ruthinking
Ticket rep told me that I can only get two comped tickets, even though I have four season tickets.

Edit: Clearly, I should have read more than the first post in this thread before calling.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrsScrew
Remember, people talk about our competition for the entertainment dollar but forget we are the only game in town when it comes to major college football in these parts.

It has already been proven what happens when we just win. It will be something to see when we get to the WIN or WIN stage.

Remember, people talk about our competition for the entertainment dollar but forget we are the only game in town when it comes to major college football in these parts.

It has already been proven what happens when we just win. It will be something to see when we get to the WIN or WIN stage.
I know people that paid $600 each for front row upper deck tix to the 2006 Louisville game.. obviously not season ticket holders.. so, a dozen years ago we saw what the market might bear a game in high demand. Did anyone pay $1000 for a ticket? no idea but it wouldn't surprise me.

I think there is not a smooth curve for demand and prices of Rutgers football tickets.. except on the low end.. like now where you cannot give tix away to see Texas State on a holiday weekend. I think we need a high level of success to see demand rise sharply... a level that might be near impossible to reach in the Big Ten East.

Think of 2006 again.. if we had lost a single game prior to playing number 3 UofL.. what would that $600 upper deck ticket have gone for.. half that maybe? Less?

I know people that paid $600 each for front row upper deck tix to the 2006 Louisville game.. obviously not season ticket holders.. so, a dozen years ago we saw what the market might bear a game in high demand. Did anyone pay $1000 for a ticket? no idea but it wouldn't surprise me.
That’s what I’m saying.

When Rutgers Football becomes a “thing” again just watch what happens around here. We have the spotlight all to ourselves.

population coming into state prefers futbol

I'm not sure it's as much about population entering NJ, or even that which has already been in NJ....seems more about globalization, social media, and visibility of professional soccer and various leagues overseas. There wasn't that level of penetration about a decade or more ago. I'm not even sure how/why random folks here choose allegiances to some of those teams since there's no geographical link/tie to those cities/clubs for many of the fans. Surely part of it is jumping on the bandwagon of the perennial top clubs, or following certain players, etc. Also video game popularity of FIFA further fuels this too. Of course, Madden/NFL, NBA, etc video games still command plenty of attention. The more widespread popularity has never quite been there for overseas professional soccer as it is nowadays.

I'm not sure it's as much about population entering NJ, or even that which has already been in NJ....seems more about globalization, social media, and visibility of professional soccer and various leagues overseas. There wasn't that level of penetration about a decade or more ago. I'm not even sure how/why random folks here choose allegiances to some of those teams since there's no geographical link/tie to those cities/clubs for many of the fans. Surely part of it is jumping on the bandwagon of the perennial top clubs, or following certain players, etc. Also video game popularity of FIFA further fuels this too. Of course, Madden/NFL, NBA, etc video games still command plenty of attention. The more widespread popularity has never quite been there for overseas professional soccer as it is nowadays.
Well.. Middlesex County.. where Rutgers is.. is one the most ethnically diverse counties in the nation.,, we had a thread about a school DROPPING football.. ABC News covered West-Windsor-Plainsboro North dropping football... is that Mercer or Middlesex? Either way.. seeing all the Indian banquet halls and groceries in the area... gone are the days when HS's had to worry about too many players.

Back in the 70s, my HS team in a high growth county had no-cut freshmen football and had 100 kids come out.. 80 who stuck thru the whole season... my graduating class was 760. Figuring half girls.. that means 1 in 3 or 4 kids wanted to play HS football.

WWPNHS seems to serve something like 1400 kids.. divide by 4.. each class has 350 kids, 175 boys. If 1/4 of them wanted to play football.. a freshmen team would have over 40 kids.. plenty enough. And over 120 for a varsity team... plenty.

In another thread.. about the shooting at a Madden NFL tournament at a mall.. it was suggested that kids cannot handle losing... this could be a case of trying to avoid losing because maybe that team was no good.. the kids at this school too small.. not enough quality players to compete against bigger schools.. maybe the best players got poached by the parochials or preps.

Whatever it is.. it could be a sign of things to come... or things HERE.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT