ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball INSTANT REACTION: Rutgers Basketball falls to Maryland 63-46

Basketball is a very easy game. It's non contact and only 5 guys on the court. The fact we can't generate open looks with any regularity is an absolute indictment of the entire staff. No one there can coach an offense.
+1000, but keep blaming the players.

Watching the Gatorade rehydrate commercial reminds me of Rutgers offense. It disappeared.

If RU scrubs next year with this recruiting class, we know something is up at Rutgers. The water. Indian burial ground. Polluted air.

Trying to be optimistic, but the more games I watch the more frustrating it gets being an RU fan.

It’s bad enough we can’t score when Maryland goes into a zone defense. It’s even worse when they can’t shoot a damn FT.

Also, Brandon Knight’s offensive sets are offensive. I’ve seen better high low ball screens, spacing, and movement with the hall on high school teams. This offense he and Pike runs is embarrassing.

Reactions: bac2therac
When you try to make a rally, get to the ft line and miss, it's very deflating.
Yep even 3-4 more points from the charity stripe and at least we're in striking distance with a strong 2nd half start. Watch we'll either get to within 4-5 and then struggle because of the big hole we had to dig out of, or MD blows it out right away with like a 12-2 run.

Reactions: RUGiddy777
Basketball is a very easy game. It's non contact and only 5 guys on the court. The fact we can't generate open looks with any regularity is an absolute indictment of the entire staff. No one there can coach an offense.
There are lots of open shots to be had for us, he just don't have anyone who can hit them.

Reactions: biazza38
Unfortunately the players wake the crowd up, not the other way.
Full house, sell out crowds are quiet when there’s nothing to cheer about

Excited Lets Go GIF

It’s bad enough we can’t score when Maryland goes into a zone defense. It’s even worse when they can’t shoot a damn FT.

Also, Brandon Knight’s offensive sets are offensive. I’ve seen better high low ball screens, spacing, and movement with the hall on high school teams. This offense he and Pike runs is embarrassing.
Hobbs needs to have a serious talk with Pike about the plan for the offense next season

He was not a good offensive player so

They better reduce the parking price next year.
Rutgers has the #2 recruiting class in the country incoming and will likely sell out of season tickets.

Not sure 2024-25 is the year they lower the parking price.

18 points on 26 possessions.

That’s .692 points per possession for those counting at home.

DISGUSTING

Reactions: RU MAN
Hobbs needs to have a serious talk with Pike about the plan for the offense next season
Pike needs to have a serious talk with Brandon Knight. This offense is just bad. I don’t care how great a defense we have . If you can’t complement your elite defense with a competent offense you’re never going to be a top flight contender in the B1G or the nation. Frankly, this is getting real old.
Let’s see if Pike ripped them a new one and the offense comes to life in the second half.

Reactions: Wagram97
Is it possible that our guys just have tired legs from the type of defense we play? Every shot is flat and hits rim.
I’m spitballing here

Welp, so much for that. 2 mins. in and 1st half play carries over to 2nd half. This team is toast.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT