ADVERTISEMENT

Football INSTANT REACTION: Rutgers defeats Miami 31-24 in Pinstripe Bowl

To finish that game with 2 TOs left, is embarrassing as a head coach.

Maybe they'll start next year with 5 TOs the first game?

Funny thought - what if TOs were allocated by season and not game.
You get 36 TOs to start the season and use as you see fit.

Bowl games get additional 3 for bowl game plus whatever you carry over from the season.
Once bowl eligible you can ration use TOs anticipating a bowl game.

Reactions: newell138
Didn’t see that coming after the end of 1st half and start of the 3rd. Miami went into a shell and we capitalized on it. Really happy to see Longerbeam making the sealing play after getting popped by a hack earlier.

Monangai needs the well deserved rest so he can come back next year even stronger. He carried the offensive load this year. Team MVP IMO.

Let's get a little more variety on the offense to complement him next year. It starts with an improved passing game. Whatever it takes to improve that, get it done.

Monangai needs the well deserved rest so he can come back next year even stronger. He carried the offensive load this year. Team MVP IMO.

Let's get a little more variety on the offense to complement him next year. It starts with an improved passing game. Whatever it takes to improve that, get it done.
Well, we are getting a few good receivers next year

So happy with this win - I don’t care if it’s not the same Miami of the Big East years, it’s still huge win.

I’m extra happy that we finished 7-6 and my son’s school finished 6-7 (he goes to Rice - not Miami)

Kid was trash talking me all year 😂😂

Last edited:
Blocked kick just wrecked them
Had the exact makings of our typical second half blowouts until then, D was juiced from then on.

Hopefully we can close out some of our conference games in similar fashion next year.

Reactions: FrankZ
Great win! BUT we need a QB off the portal
Can we afford one who would be an upgrade? Also, in fairness to Gavin the kid was a highly ranked recruit who loves Rutgers. We were so excited to have him. Does his inaccuracy speak more to coaching and development being the problem?

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Can we afford one who would be an upgrade? Also, in fairness to Gavin the kid was a highly ranked recruit who loves Rutgers. We were so excited to have him. Does his inaccuracy speak more to coaching and development being the problem?
Coaching was good enough to go bowling and win.
As for Gavin, expect improvement because expecting anything else is not what true fans should be doing when talking about players on the team they are claiming to be fans of.
Some players develop their talent slower than others , Wimsatt might be that way and in 2024 will finally put it together

I wasn't looking to touch on the negative's out of the gate........but since they are already out there.

It's interesting weighing Schiano's inability to develop a QB(and this goes back to the tail end of his first stint) and his ability to get to, and win, a bowl game with such ineffective play at the position.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
He was 7 for 15 for 84 yards. That is certainly not throwing the ball better. It is amazing we won 7 games without having a threat a quarterback.
Gavin did enough to help the team win
If course we must give Monangai the most credit and also admit Shiano built a bowl worthy team this year.
But I can't knock any player involved in beating Miami in the Pinstripe and the 7-6 record that ended years of losing records.

But I can understand how some feel they must lessen the feeling of joy because they aren't used to it and have a need to look for flaws in the team so they don't enjoy beating Miami too much and start expecting good things for Rutgers in 2024.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT