ADVERTISEMENT

Football INSTANT REACTION: Rutgers defeats Miami 31-24 in Pinstripe Bowl

Gavin did enough to help the team win
If course we must give Monangai the most credot and also admit Shiano built a bowl worthy team this year.
But I can't knock any player involved in beating M
The only positive in his play today was no turnovers. Other than that he wasn't a factor. I haven't commented all year on his QB play but it is amazing we won 7 games without a threat at quarterback.

Reactions: Shelby65
The only positive in his play today was no turnovers. Other than that he wasn't a factor. I haven't commented all year on his QB play but it is amazing we won 7 games without a threat at quarterback.
Not amazing because Rutgers had/has a running game that is capable of carrying Rutgers to 7 wins, which it did the whole season (6) and in the Pinstripe for the 7th
But a solid passing attack added would bring more victories in my opinion
Wimsatt is expected to play mistake free and that's what he does , so that also helped get to 7 with this Bowl victory.

Reactions: cicero grimes
So happy with this win - I don’t care if it’s not the same Miami of the Big East years, it’s still huge win.

I’m extra happy that we finished 7-6 and my son’s school finished 6-7

Kid was trash talking me all year 😂😂
I would let him here that until labor day.

Son, did you know there are 7 days in a week? One for each Rutgers victory.

Can you bring me a six pack of beer, one for each of your teams Ws.

He was 7 for 15 for 84 yards. That is certainly not throwing the ball better. It is amazing we won 7 games without having a threat at quarterback.
You’re more a 🤡 than those idiots from Sara Lose …Took care of the ball …. Threw a decent ball … They called only 15 passes… is that Wimsatt‘s fault ? Suggest you speak to Schiano and Ciarrocca.. Enjoy a win fr a change.

Reactions: RutgersMed
Bobby…we’re all glad they won, but GW had nearly no contribution. Do you hope he’s the starter next year too, or do you think the team needs a better QB going forward ?

Not my pic but I love it! F Miami
GCeJlL1XoAA_29_

I wasn't looking to touch on the negative's out of the gate........but since they are already out there.

It's interesting weighing Schiano's inability to develop a QB(and this goes back to the tail end of his first stint) and his ability to get to, and win, a bowl game with such ineffective play at the position.
Who were the bad GS QB's?

Reactions: TRU2RU
GW did what was asked of him. We just completed a 7 win season and a bowl win against a named opponent. And, I am sure their backups were most likely higher ranked than our starters.
This was the game that GS actually outcoached his opponant as well.
And SB looked to be ready to be insane next year along with Kyle.

GW did what was asked of him. We just completed a 7 win season and a bowl win against a named opponent. And, I am sure their backups were most likely higher ranked than our starters.
Sam Brown is going to be a load to handle. Just a B1G B1G back

He was 7 for 15 for 84 yards. That is certainly not throwing the ball better. It is amazing we won 7 games without having a threat at quarterback.
Job 1 in the off-season is getting better QB play. Any way possible. The 24 team has way too much potential to give the ball to Gavin for another year of clock management and handing the ball off.

Gavin did enough to help the team win
If course we must give Monangai the most credit and also admit Shiano built a bowl worthy team this year.
But I can't knock any player involved in beating Miami in the Pinstripe and the 7-6 record that ended years of losing records.

But I can understand how some feel they must lessen the feeling of joy because they aren't used to it and have a need to look for flaws in the team so they don't enjoy beating Miami too much and start expecting good things for Rutgers in 2024.
I was responding to someone who posted how much better he threw the ball. I’m beyond thrilled we won.

He did what they asked because he’s not capable of more. A QB who is will add a much needed dimension. The rest of the team deserves that. They’ve put themselves in too good of a position to have such poor play at one spot.

We win because of the OL and Monongai. Throw a capable QB in the mix and it’s a different game on O

Your clueless. I played baseball at Rutgers, have season tickets for football since 1980 and, although I don’t have season tickets, attend home games for other sports as well.
I would check on that "You're clueless" comment.
Nowhere was I referring to you. I was responding to @csphi 's response to Shelby's comment.
I know that you're a big RU fan. No reason to pull out your resume.
If in some way that was a knock on you it wasn't intentional.

Reactions: satnom
I will never understand the guys who are negative on GW.
Do you mean for this game only?

There were some good, really good GW games & some bad, Really Bad GW games this year.

Kid has talent, but his mechanics and accuracy leaves a bunch to be desired. I want his accuracy to be much improved or want someone else that can keep chains moving while we focus on running the ball.

big win and F all their stupid obnoxious fans. Those mother f’ers were even at Billy’s for some dumb reason. And some were on the RU side 🤷‍♂️ being dicks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT