ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball INSTANT REACTION: Rutgers defeats Nebraska 87-82 in OT thriller

Oskar lost his man trying to help.
I've mentioned this before with Gavin.

We seem to try and over help then lose guys and get out of position.

Pikiell teams have some of the weakest hands in the country. Have to question if S&C Coach Van Dyke is any good. Maybe consult with JB on the football side?

Reactions: BillyC80
We suck at layups! What exactly does this team practice? I can see a rough game every so often but this is consistent. Is this a coaching issue?

Reactions: runner3283
Pikiell teams have some of the weakest hands in the country. Have to question if S&C Coach Van Dyke is any good. Maybe consult with JB on the football side?
When our opponents see that we can’t hold onto the ball and we miss shots from everywhere, including layups and FTs, their confidence soars against us.

We suck at layups! What exactly does this team practice? I can see a rough game every so often but this is consistent. Is this a coaching issue?
Dunk the ball
That should’ve been a technical foul on the mist Alley pop for Nebraska

Austin getting to the rim over and over and over and at least occasionally finishes at the rim. His misses generally are very close too. Needs to hit FTs though

I think this game so far has shown that the offensive struggles are not on Pike’s coaching. Two missed bunnies and a ton of wide open looks from the outside bricked. That’s on the players. They just aren’t good.

- Williams for 2 on a GREAT drive to the basket
- Williams misses 2 FT's
- Williams with the steal
- Williams misses the layup (WHY NOT DUNK IT??!!)
- Oskar misses the putback
- easy layup for Huskers off a missed 3

Nebraska has more scoring options on the court.Rutgers missing layups and foul shots a bad sign.

Another play where Davis decided at halfcourt he was driving to the hoop. Defenders be damned

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT