ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Jacob Young in the Portal

The portal is going to pay a lot more $$$ than a lot of non NBA leagues out there. I mean HS recruiting is a big money game for the top kids and now you basically have a year of glorified free agency in college. It's gonna be UGLY out there.

Why? He has the same opportunity to stay here and play as the others. The others might also want to lead a team, want to hear feedback, be on one that goes deeper in tourney, etc.

playing at Rutgers and playing at michigan state or Michigan or Syracuse or duke or unc or Kansas or most other schools are completely different experiences. He has an opportunity to play at Rutgers and all the other places that have established ncaa tournement programs....

The Rutgers fans first mistake is thinking one ncaa tournement means you can compete against the upper crust of ncaa basketball. We are still 4 or 5 ncaa tournement away from that. Until we reach that point we are still in rebuild mode. You may not be happy about that but it doesn’t make it not true

it was a weird year for sure with the ups and downs but I think people have completely lost their minds. Guess what, this era is over, it was 2-3 run of these players and like most schools you move on and yes there may be a year or two where we rebuild. Its not as if Pike cannot sell playing time or the idea that you can make the tourney from this school. RU will get their share of players

What a mess we have here

Mess? Two guys graduating and leaving is a mess?

Have you been to Southern California? have you been on UCLA’s campus or seen the facilities? At Rutgers we talk about the 1 final four we went too at UCLA they talk about the 11 nationa championships and 18 final fours. Four of which occurred within the last 30 years that Rutgers hasn’t been to the tournement. So would you really blame Myles of he decides to go there?

It's not board police, it's stupidity to say a coach doesn't have control of a program when 1000+ kids are in the transfer portal across college basketball....
And it's stupidity to compare our situation to other programs. Judge each in turn.

Mess? Two guys graduating and leaving is a mess?

Have you been to Southern California? have you been on UCLA’s campus or seen the facilities? At Rutgers we talk about the 1 final four we went too at UCLA they talk about the 11 nationa championships and 18 final fours. Four of which occurred within the last 30 years that Rutgers hasn’t been to the tournement. So would you really blame Myles of he decides to go there?

first tourney appearance in 30 years, first NCAA tourney win in 38 years, a near miss at a Sweet 16 appearance...some mess Alice 😆

And it's stupidity to compare our situation to other programs. Judge each in turn.

You're under a rock somewhere if you ignore what happens around college basketball.....transfers are the new normal and RU is a program with good, not great players.....have you seen North Carolina and Duke's transfer lists....what are they supposed to do that's any different than any other program??

It is just again what kids have the right to do.

Since the level of ignorance is high, I will probably guess the next message board stupidity will happen, when RHJ puts his name into the NBA draft.....to put your name into the NBA draft, means you do not lose eligibility and ALL players get a free evaluation from NBA scouts on the strengths and weaknesses of their games.

So I will wait to see the same mindless posts about "he's not going to get drafted", when he has a right to find out from the actual NBA people where he stands.

I can assure you a good amount of fans don't know the rules on applying for the draft and how ignorant a fan base we are about basketball.....which is OK, we haven't been winning or even relevant for many years, so most fans are "new" to college hoops.

The next other item will be what actually happens if and when RU somehow misses the tournament, whether next year or a year in the future.....as if it's a foregone conclusion to be one of the Top 35-40 programs in all of college hoops each and every year......and if you miss the dance one year, all will be lost.....!!!! LMAO

You're under a rock somewhere if you ignore what happens around college basketball.....transfers are the new normal and RU is a program with good, not great players.....have you seen North Carolina and Duke's transfer lists....what are they supposed to do that's any different than any other program??

It is just again what kids have the right to do.

Since the level of ignorance is high, I will probably guess the next message board stupidity will happen, when RHJ puts his name into the NBA draft.....to put your name into the NBA draft, means you do not lose eligibility and ALL players get a free evaluation from NBA scouts on the strengths and weaknesses of their games.

So I will wait to see the same mindless posts about "he's not going to get drafted", when he has a right to find out from the actual NBA people where he stands.

I can assure you a good amount of fans don't know the rules on applying for the draft and how ignorant a fan base we are about basketball.....which is OK, we haven't been winning or even relevant for many years, so most fans are "new" to college hoops.

The next other item will be what actually happens if and when RU somehow misses the tournament, whether next year or a year in the future.....as if it's a foregone conclusion to be one of the Top 35-40 programs in all of college hoops each and every year......and if you miss the dance one year, all will be lost.....!!!! LMAO
I’m not stupid. If RHJ declares I know why - to get a free Eval.
And who knows what Jacob will do after leaving the “University of Rutgers.” But if he transfers that’s a problem. Bury your head in the sand all you want but that is true. And yeah he transferred here but the fact he can’t even get the name of the university correct is not excusable.

Gettys too. Plus Shaq Carter was a true contributor so I see it as 4 for 6. Pretty good. That 6'9" transfer from a JUCO Texas during Pike's first year was a big contributor too. Sorry that I do not remember his name. That would be 5 for 7.
Shaq was not good. If that's the level of transfer we land for next year we aren't making the tournament

I’m not stupid. If RHJ declares I know why - to get a free Eval.
And who knows what Jacob will do after leaving the “University of Rutgers.” But if he transfers that’s a problem. Bury your head in the sand all you want but that is true. And yeah he transferred here but the fact he can’t even get the name of the university correct is not excusable.

I don't care or am married to any player, in any sport, in any program...

You would be a fool to do so....I can only repeat something 1000 times in a row.....there are likely going to be over 1200 to 1300 kids hitting the transfer portal. That is an average of 3 players per program.

I just saw the news of the 2 best Eastern Washington players, who saw their first glimpse of publicity, in making the NCAAs, and having a good 1st half and game before losing to Kansas.....both of their "stars" are now seen by "bigger schools", and assuredly are looking for a bigger program and more status.

This is the new normal, but of course, you now know that.....😁

Reactions: bac2therac
I don't care or am married to any player, in any sport, in any program...

You would be a fool to do so....I can only repeat something 1000 times in a row.....there are likely going to be over 1200 to 1300 kids hitting the transfer portal. That is an average of 3 players per program.

I just saw the news of the 2 best Eastern Washington players, who saw their first glimpse of publicity, in making the NCAAs, and having a good 1st half and game before losing to Kansas.....both of their "stars" are now seen by "bigger schools", and assuredly are looking for a bigger program and more status.

This is the new normal, but of course, you now know that.....😁
I don’t care about any of those schools. I care about Rutgers.

He could just be testing the portal waters to see what options are out there.

If a top 5-10 team shows interest (which I’m sure they would) maybe he thinks it’s one last shot to get exposure and make to the league vs. going oversees.
also could be leaving himself an out if good pro overseas ( unofficial 😉) offer don't come his way..
Go back to playing college ball hoping to improve enough to get a great offer from overseas or have a NBA team look at him like a first rounder.

Reactions: hiwater
Does anyone recall who was easily the leader on RU in turnovers ?
if Young does go back to playing college ball that might be the reason
Turnovers might be holding back good offers from pro teams abroad and hurt his NBA draft status.
Young going back to college and addressing the weaknesses in his game, might just help him land a far better pro offer than he would get this year.

Reactions: hiwater
When we were on the trash-heap we talked about how insufferable and ungrateful other fanbases were. This should put to rest that we are no different. So many of you are obnoxious, whiny, ungrateful, manic, and lack critical thinking skills. Also, many of you can't spell for crap. That last one was just to make myself feel better. I hate so many of you and am taking an indefinite break from this board.

Thank you Coach Pike and this wonderful team for giving so many long-suffering Rutgers fans what we've dreamed of for decades. I wish every player from this team luck here, or wherever they go. God speed, all.

you’re a terrible poster and your best post on this board was when you promised to leave.

sadly, you broke that promise.
Your MO is to name-call anyone who doesn’t mesh with your sunshine and lollipops assessments. Your posts are also boring.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT