ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Jacob Young in the Portal

Lol, I don’t know why I’m bothering to explain this to you, but that’s not name calling. That’s literally explaining my problem with you and your bad posting.
Why you continue to engage with me and my “bad posts” astounds me. Find another hobby.

I don't care or am married to any player, in any sport, in any program...

You would be a fool to do so....I can only repeat something 1000 times in a row.....there are likely going to be over 1200 to 1300 kids hitting the transfer portal. That is an average of 3 players per program.

I just saw the news of the 2 best Eastern Washington players, who saw their first glimpse of publicity, in making the NCAAs, and having a good 1st half and game before losing to Kansas.....both of their "stars" are now seen by "bigger schools", and assuredly are looking for a bigger program and more status.

This is the new normal, but of course, you now know that.....😁
Aren’t you a little surprised that JY would leave and play college one more year somewhere else if he doesn’t go pro? I assumed he had a real good experience here.

Reactions: RUSCFORMERLYRULOU
I’m a little confused here. I thought Young was out of eligibility. My understanding was that you get the extra year of eligibility if you were with the same program. Can any senior just transfer? Or did JY have another year anyway?

Thanks JY for two fantastic years. If you play college ball next year, I still hope it's at RU, but if not, thanks for being an important cog in getting us to the Tourney two years in a row. If you go pro, good luck.
Would not have made it this season if he wasn’t on the team IMO

Reactions: RU848789
I’m a little confused here. I thought Young was out of eligibility. My understanding was that you get the extra year of eligibility if you were with the same program. Can any senior just transfer? Or did JY have another year anyway?
Not sure if this is correct, but I recently read (in a news article discussing 2 seniors who are in the portal from Marquette), that a winter sport senior athlete can transfer and use their extra final year of eligibility at the new school, but if they transfer then their scholarship will count toward the new school's scholarship limit. If they stay at their original school, their extra year scholarship won't count toward the school's limit.

Not sure if this is correct, but I recently read (in a news article discussing 2 seniors who are in the portal from Marquette), that a winter sport senior athlete can transfer and use their extra final year of eligibility at the new school, but if they transfer then their scholarship will count toward the new school's scholarship limit. If they stay at their original school, their extra year scholarship won't count toward the school's limit.
You are correct.

Jacob was expected to leave and Myles was applying to grad schools already. Geo is also 50/50.

bunch of prima donna's on here

Reactions: knight82
Good one. There are 919 players not from Rutgers in the portal as of 3:49pm in case you haven't been paying attention.

Just curious, what coach out there does have control over his own program this year? I'll hang up and listen.

And how many of them are 3 starters from the same team ?

And how many of them are 3 starters from the same team ?

Maybe we should get rid of Pike? Other than that remedy, not sure what purpose the belly-aching and complaining serves? Its a natural transition for good teams to lose college players/ starters every year. The process has been exacerbated by the advent of the Transfer Portal whick as I'm sure you know affects all programs.

Sure it hurts losing starters from a tourney level team, but I for one recognize that being a fan means to expect constant year on year attrition and look forward to the new blood.

Guess what Mamadou Doucoure may enter the portal, Luke Nathan may enter the portal, Nick Brooks may enter the portal, and even Geo Baker might enter the transfer portal., one by one over the next week or so. All of the seniors that were honored in the last home game vs Indiana may move on and see what out there and Pikiell and Rutgers will be fine. All scholarships were covered before Covid and free year granted, we still have 10 scholarships coming back and Jalen Miller coming in, only Doucoure and Myles were Redshirt Juniors with one year left. We might need to find 2 Bigs for those scholarships. JY and Geo were being covered by Jaden Jones and Jalen Miller. None of this changes anything that Pike didn't or hasn't expected. A center for Myles and a stretch 4 for, if and when, Doucoure enters the portal. People are overreacting to nothing.

Reactions: RUChoppin
Guess what Mamadou Doucoure may enter the portal, Luke Nathan may enter the portal, Nick Brooks may enter the portal, and even Geo Baker might enter the transfer portal., one by one over the next week or so. All of the seniors that were honored in the last home game vs Indiana may move on and see what out there and Pikiell and Rutgers will be fine. All scholarships were covered before Covid and free year granted, we still have 10 scholarships coming back and Jalen Miller coming in, only Doucoure and Myles were Redshirt Juniors with one year left. We might need to find 2 Bigs for those scholarships. JY and Geo were being covered by Jaden Jones and Jalen Miller. None of this changes anything that Pike didn't or hasn't expected. A center for Myles and a stretch 4 for, if and when, Doucoure enters the portal. People are overreacting to nothing.
Well Luke Nathan wasn’t a scholarship player last year. Brooks I believe was given one this season as reward him for his loyalty. Duke will in all probability leave but anything can happen.Too much being made out of this until the players finalize their intentions with the staff and Pikiell. Teams are all losing multiple players especially with this portal.

If pikiell loses these guys to other schools I highly doubt he replaces them with better or equal talent. He does not recruit the hs ranks that well so I doubt it'll be much different for the transfer portal
Do you understand the irony/stupidity of your post given that Pikeill brought in Jacob Young as a transfer

Reactions: RUChoppin
This is a very unique situation. Normally I would be kinda freaked but if it wasn't for covid 2 of these guys couldn't come back anyway and Myles graduated and has magnificent near home opportunities. If you watched his parents interview basketball was always #2 to academics and his studies.

Again, as far as I can tell there is zero downside to entering the portal if you are not planning to return to your current team. I will be very surprised if Young is playing college basketball next year.

The whole CBB is a total fraud.
He will be in big demand since he is very good.
Who cares how old he is?
Players are now playing into their 50s. Look at Brady.
He has 25 years left as a pro when he decides to go to the NBA.
Wish him the best.
Their 50s? You can’t be that obtuse...TB is 43...you troll poorly!

Nobody thought Young was going to be here next year. That’s not the point. At least in regards to whether there is some divide among the program.

Nobody thought Young was going to be here...but that’s because everyone assumed he’d be going pro. How many people thought another year of college basketball for Young was on the table? Which then begs the important question...if Young is considering another year of college hoops...why is he not considering it here? I mean he didn’t even consider staying here...he tweeted peace 24 hours after Houston. Again if he was definitely going pro then that causes no questioning at all.

But the fact that another year of college hasn’t been ruled out makes you wonder why he did rule out Rutgers as that option for another year so fast. And then you add Young’s mother’s tweet about lack of respect for another piece of evidence. To me, things clearly not on the same page regarding Young and coaches/players.

Trolls left their bridges unguarded for this thread. Time to cross the bridge for free....lol

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT