ADVERTISEMENT

James Franklin's Post Game Presser...Very Impressive

This guy gives a shit. Wish Rutgers had an administration and coaches that do like this. We aren't even Pee Wee level at this point. But RU and the other clueless fans saying it takes 6 more years are comfortable with that situation where we are. When fans state they are uncomfortable where the program is now we get poopooed into excuses.

I guess he had a minute to compose himself after he tried to attack a fan in the stands LOL

At least he shows emotion and YES losing REALLY HURTS to this guy and he just got beaten moments earlier when this video was taken.

Sure beats our complacent, loss accepting, taking no responsibility coaches who look like passionless zombies on the sidelines.

At least he shows emotion and YES losing REALLY HURTS to this guy and he just got beaten moments earlier when this video was taken.

Sure beats our complacent, loss accepting, taking no responsibility coaches who look like passionless zombies on the sidelines.
You can be emotional and angry about losing when you're the coach of a Top-10 team, but not when you're running a Bottom-10 program.

Ash has showed emotion exactly one time while at Rutgers on the sideline and that was against Maryland last year when the Refs had their way with us.

Reactions: miketd1
God you guys, take Franklin's dick out of your mouths. Coach Ash's pressers are just as good.

Reactions: GSGS
Wow, dopey 18 year-old Penn State fans who probably couldn't make the JV flag football team knows even more than posters on this board......

amazing the talent level in the B1G fan base.......

Ash has showed emotion exactly one time while at Rutgers on the sideline and that was against Maryland last year when the Refs had their way with us.

Now that's a coach who shows he cares.. is on top of things. Think of how many times you saw GS got nuts on the sidelines sure that he knew the rules better than the officials.. and he was right. He messed some stuff up with click management as so on.. giving up that halftime-ending TD to WVU for example.. calling a timeout so they could set that up... but he was on top of the officials and immersed in the game.

You can be emotional and angry about losing when you're the coach of a Top-10 team, but not when you're running a Bottom-10 program.
Could that be the difference between becoming a top HC and just aspiring to be one.
The no excuse mode and taking the blame might lead to improving your coaching ability and learning to hire a staff that can cover your weaknesses. Might be the sign of a good HC that can make a program doing poorly into a winning one

When a HC looks for excuses and tries to shift the fault, he might not be taking a good look at where he could improve and not understand the need to hire a staff that can do the little things he might not know how to do it the right way. Also might be a sign that the HC doesn't have the chops to turn a losing team into a program that will be a winner . Being emotional and angry at yourself might be what's needed to see the mistakes made instead of looking for a scapegoat to pin the loss on.
I don't like to praise anything PSU , but must say they struck gold by hiring Franklin ,even if I ( when he first was hired) thought he wasn't that good of a HC and posted that opinion in this forum when Penn St hired him.

He is a great recruiter but I believe his low intellect is going to limit the upside to only competing for a national championship versus winning one lol.

He is a great recruiter but I believe his low intellect is going to limit the upside to only competing for a national championship versus winning one lol.

You may say that in jest, but Franklin is building a reputation as a coach who can't seem to win the big one.

You may say that in jest, but Franklin is building a reputation as a coach who can't seem to win the big one.
No I actually think that will hurt them. It already has and it will again. He makes bad decisions.

Rutgers fans think a 6-6 record would be a good season while Penn State attracts 100,000 fans,top tier recruits and will be playing in a major bowl game at the end of the season.Rutgers fans can only dream of such success.

I HATE Franklin, but admire his passion. You can tell he really cares and loves what he does. Ash looks like a complete wet mop out there and after games.
That was my whole point of starting this thread....a LEADER vs a deer in the headlights.

Greg was successful with kids because he had passion, was driven and wanted to win. Franklin is no different here. We'd be lucky to have Franklin

You have to be a great coach to even play in “the big one “. How many “big” games have the majority of coaches coached over the years. Don’t forget Franklin rebuilt PSU after O’Brien couldn’t, and got PSU back to a perennial B1G contender in a very short period of time.

Reactions: SJLuvsLions
You have to be a great coach to even play in “the big one “. How many “big” games have the majority of coaches coached over the years. Don’t forget Franklin rebuilt PSU after O’Brien couldn’t, and got PSU back to a perennial B1G contender in a very short period of time.

Not true at all about BoB, he did a great job under the circumstances.

I'll take Urban Meyer over James Franklin. If you're going to play in the big one, you may as well win it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT