ADVERTISEMENT

Match Thread: CKLV Tournament Updates

Someone posted on FB they heard Glasgow banged up his knee, so they are playing it safe. Not Confirmed.

I've always hated the scoring system. As you stated, a few big guns outweighs a team. I understand it's an individual sport with team goals in mind but with this scoring system the team part is severely diminished. It's better to bundle your money into a couple studs than spread it out and have a full team.
Same man.. I wish the scoring system would reward more of a team aspect... I think someone did the math on this and 1 national champ scores more points at nationals then a 10(a whole team) round of 12 wrestlers..

Reactions: koleszar
These tall kids who are also good could present problems for Nick going forward, As usual, he wrestled a very smart match

Erneste had pinned his way thru the tourney , and only scored 1 vs Nick S

The reality in wrestling is having the big guns is more important then balance..
maybe to long wrestling fans. For someone who is a football or basketball fans I think the dual record is very important to continuing to increase support. As much as I want national champions and all americans. I get angry when we lose a dual. I dont like when wrestlers default in the big ten tourney. I know it isnt as big a dela to some. There is no reason with the facilities attendence and big ten that we shouldnt be able to at least get quality ncaa qualifier types at all weights. Right now our upper weights are a huge failure. That is not acceptable.

These tall kids who are also good could present problems for Nick going forward, As usual, he wrestled a very smart match

Erneste had pinned his way thru the tourney , and only scored 1 vs Nick S

If they're not only tall...but tall and good, they'll present problems to everyone!! :scream:[banana][banana]

Also believe in the bigger team. Id like to see them wrestle again and see. how it turns out. But overall, no, I believe the guy who wins wrestleoff should get to pick his weight. Personally, I think JvB May have a chance to perform better at 165 but what do I know.
just because a guy is the winner doesnt mean that he will be best against the field. The more technically inclined fans may have examples. However just because a guy beats someone doesnt mean he will score the most wins against the outside competition.Say wrestler x has a problem with a guy who is really good at something however would be better than that guy against the ncaa.

Even Finesilver looks a lot taller than Ashnault. Ash went up a weight, Finesilver went down.

2-0 AA up after 1

Man ... ASH is a beast!

Question ... who has a better shot at the title, Nick or Anthony (NCAA)?

Is Phillipi the guy who tight rope walked his way across the World Trade Tower buildings or the actor who married Reese Witherspoon, before she dumped him? :)

Man ... ASH is a beast!

Question ... who has a better shot af the title, Nick or Anthony?
Nick is the clear favorite by a lot over the #6 seed from Pitt.

Ash has to face Jordan who is ranked basically even with him and has won this tourney twice before.

EDIT: Didn't see you meant NCAA. I'd still say Nick, but it is close.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT