ADVERTISEMENT

Match Thread: Midlands Tourney, mat assignments & comments:

Devil
Happy New Year my man. Health and happiness in 2018 to you and family. Sorry I could not be in Illinois today or tomorrow but I was able to watch this morning and afternoon. Could not tonight. Sounds like we are alive in wrestlebacks with a number of kids. Feel bad for MVB getting down 6-0 right off the bat this afternoon. I thought he had a chance to maybe win it out there.

Reactions: jerzey devil
Semifinal matchups:

(1) Nick Suriano (Rutgers) vs (5) Sebastia Rivera
both former NJ State Champs, Rivera at CBA, Suriano at Bergen C

133- (2) Scott Delvecchio vs (6) Bryan Lantry (Unat. Buffal)
They previously met 2 years ago w Lantry winning by 1 point.

165- (3) Richie Lewis vs (2) Alex Marinelli (Iowa)
rematch from the dual 3 weeks ago that went to OT

184- (2) Nick Gravina vs (3) Emery Parker (Illinois)
they met last year, Parker won a squeaker .

Very impressive performance as a whole for the team. 9 wrestlers still alive along with Correnti, which makes me think we are in good hands at Heavy next year. On the other hand is Grello a bit gun shy or just bad matchups? A bit disappointed that he's already out. I'm really looking forward to Day 2 and a potential Suriano vs Spencer Lee final at 125, Seth Gross vs Scott D at 133, rematches with Lewis vs Marinelli, Emory Parker vs Gravina.

Last edited:
Reactions: TommyRutgers
Pretty great that we have one alive at every weight class going into day two. Chance to really make a move in the standings here in the first few matches.

Has anyone else watched Spencer Lee wrestle on the other mats? He absolutely destroyed 7th ranked Sean Russell, and the other ranked kid before him.
He might be the strongest , and best 125 pounder on top I've ever seen. Suriano has a huge challenge.
Nick Gravina might have the best odds of winning it all.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Has anyone else watched Spencer Lee wrestle on the other mats? He absolutely destroyed 7th ranked Sean Russell, and the other ranked kid before him.
He might be the strongest , and best 125 pounder on top I've ever seen. Suriano has a huge challenge.
Nick Gravina might have the best odds of winning it all.
Suriano needs to go neutral then. How's Lee standing up?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT