ADVERTISEMENT

Match Thread: Midlands Tourney, mat assignments & comments:

What the hell was Correnti trying there? He needs to stop with the throws. He still thinks he's wrestling 197.

Anddddd Correnti against Dhesi showed that he needs to add some weight/muscle for the next year. A boy vs. a man, comparatively.

Dhesi is also a seasoned vet.

RU just got blown out in the consi blood round. Too much inexperience, and not enough S&C.

PS...good job JVB!

Yikes, I had the singlets reversed and thought Correnti won , lol. Not a good Consy round

In fairness, we already know Suriano is an elite wrestler. But, Lee is elite as well.
i realize his status as and an elite wrestler...how he handles lee doesn't change that....just interested in seeing since they both last wrestled in h.s , how far each has progressed since then...interesting to say the least.

RU just got blown out in the consi blood round. Too much inexperience, and not enough S&C.

PS...good job JVB!
MVB was injured.
Other than that, none of the guys today were favored in their matches. Pagano, Mulligan, and Correnti were heavy underdogs

Reactions: Rutgers#1
Wow and I thought Lee was unbeatable from all the talk on here.

Wow, my heart is in my throat !! Didn't think it would be that close for Suriano. AND the mighty Lee ! lol,
what happend? He lost to Bresser, who lost to Daton Fix last week !

Not surprised Del Vech lost. He lost to the same kid 2 years ago by 1, and has looked gassed all weekend.

Horrible match by Delvechio. Just gassed at the end and did nothing.

Huge loss by Scott. Man this is tough to watch.
this kid can never it seems to put all together...no disrespect against buffalo.i still think he has weight cutting issue's...this was a golden opp. for him...need him to take third for team points....this a tough sport. still a good showing by scotty....just needs to ramp it up for march, and then medal to end his career.

He stopped because he was gassed, just like the last 4 bouts, but he was able to hold on in them.
Perhaps you're right, but I also meant it to imply Scott wrestled very passivley after he got that first take down, in addition to what happened in the last 30-45 seconds. Just to clarify.

this kid can never it seems to put all together...no disrespect against buffalo.i still think he has weight cutting issue's...this was a golden opp. for him...need him to take third for team points....this a tough sport. still a good showing by scotty....just needs to ramp it up for march, and then medal to end his career.
No way he should have lost that match. Very frustrating to watch. I feel like we are underachieving but maybe I’m looking through rose colored glasses. Don’t like how Suriano became so conservative.

Reactions: nikoru09
Watching JVB wrestle is a real treat. I wish we switched him back at 157 for the LHU match. We likely win that one if that's the case.

Watching JVB wrestle is a real treat. I wish we switched him back at 157 for the LHU match. We likely win that one if that's the case.
I was expecting a grace period for him to get used to the weight loss but I gotta say ..I’m impressed with his work so far ..pinning is not easy in this competition but man when he is on ..he is on !!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT