ADVERTISEMENT

Match Thread: Midlands Tourney, mat assignments & comments:

Suriano needs to go neutral then. How's Lee standing up?

Lee is pretty good on his feet as well, took down #7 Russell w ease several times. However Russell isn't nearly as good as Suriano on his feet.
What encourages me is that when they previously wrestled several years ago, the matches were close.

Reactions: nikoru09
Going into today :
Iowa - 91.0
ASU- 75.0
RUT- 72.0 (track has us at 74.0)
SDak- 64.0
CMU- 61.0

Guys still in the champ bracket:
SDak: 5
RUT: 4
ASU: 4
CMU: 2

Guys still in the consolation bracket:
RUT: 5
SDak: 3
ASU: 3
CMU: 2

It's going to be a tight race for second between Rutgers, Arizona state and SDakota.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clearscreen25
Lee is pretty good on his feet as well, took down #7 Russell w ease several times. However Russell isn't nearly as good as Suriano on his feet.
What encourages me is that when they previously wrestled several years ago, the matches were close.
if both these guys face off against each other.then we could really see how elite of a wrestler ns is.....moisey is a sr, and one time finalist at the nccaa's, and nick shut him down. big time...that said...spencer lee is all world literally.winning multiple jr fs championships...this has no relation to folk style.
meaning sl has been on big stages, and nothing will affect him in this setting....if this match is true to form, i see an ot match that can go either way....if sl comes out and dominates ns. brands will burn his rs, and he becomes a four time undefeated national champion without a doubt....t still think the red shirt will be burned either way. can't keep a bounus point machine out of the lineup...last year mark halls performance made cael burn his rs. and you can see how that turned out ,a true frosh nc.....i can't wait to see this match. might just be the match of the year.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
if both these guys face off against each other.then we could really see how elite of a wrestler ns is.....moisey is a sr, and one time finalist at the nccaa's, and nick shut him down. big time...that said...spencer lee is all world literally.winning multiple jr fs championships...this has no relation to folk style.
meaning sl has been on big stages, and nothing will affect him in this setting....if this match is true to form, i see an ot match that can go either way....if sl comes out and dominates ns. brands will burn his rs, and he becomes a four time undefeated national champion without a doubt....t still think the red shirt will be burned either way. can't keep a bounus point machine out of the lineup...last year mark halls performance made cael burn his rs. and you can see how that turned out ,a true frosh nc.....i can't wait to see this match. might just be the match of the year.
In fairness, we already know Suriano is an elite wrestler. But, Lee is elite as well.

IMO, Today is one of best sports days of the year , if you are a RU/College Wrestling fan and College Football fan. Between the Semi's and Finals of the Mdlands, plus the 4 great Bowl games today, today is the day to make sure your chores are done, your family or loved ones know you will be very occupied all day long, lol

I will have the Midlands on the Iaptop and Ipad, as well as look at the Iphone for RU Wrestling tweets, as well as have all the Bowl games on the big screen TV right in front of me.

Has anyone with Flowrestling been listening to the match commentary on Flo Zone? I think it is pretty good.

I have no idea what happened with DeLuca. Maybe missed weight? I think they had to weigh in again today.

thry are at 157/165 now..... 4 mats
4-5 matches each ,at.... possible 10 min per match...my guess is 2:45 to 3

At least he avoided the tech. Man has Pagano regressed this year. I had high hopes for him but it looks like he's done.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT