ADVERTISEMENT

Neutral Site Games

The RUT

All American
Gold Member
Oct 31, 2011
Awful awful awful.

If you’re going to do a neutral site game, schedule a name opponent and make it an event.

Mississippi State at Pru? So lame.

Next season make it Duke, UNC, Kansas, Villanova, etc at the Garden or don’t do it at all.

Reactions: Saint Puppy
Now 0-4 in our last 4 neutral site games.

Miss St, Princeton, Temple, St. Bona

Low-upside games for the most part. Not to mention it’s unacceptable to not be able to pick up a victory against that group of teams

Reactions: Mr Magoo
Awful awful awful.

If you’re going to do a neutral site game, schedule a name opponent and make it an event.

Mississippi State at Pru? So lame.

Next season make it Duke, UNC, Kansas, Villanova, etc at the Garden or don’t do it at all.

Bad timing but opponent is just ..its a quad 1 opponent who will make the ncaa tournament

That’s why you don’t see the issue. Was lame.
Okay. To be fair I didn’t realize you were complaining about the fan experience at the game, I thought this was more a general scheduling thing. As a TV viewer it was fine, but as you note I cannot comment on the in person fan experience. Carry on.

Bad timing but opponent is just ..its a quad 1 opponent who will make the ncaa tournament
I agree, I don’t think it’s bad from the resume perspective.

It’s bad from the fan engagement standpoint. Was pretty lame IMO

Okay. To be fair I didn’t realize you were complaining about the fan experience at the game, I thought this was more a general scheduling thing. As a TV viewer it was fine, but as you note I cannot comment on the in person fan experience. Carry on.
Maybe I should have been more clear, my fault.

Just think if we’re going to do it, make it something people will show up to.

Wrong Miss St is tourney team quad 1..high upside
“For the most part”

Yes, Miss St was a good pull — as others have said not sure how they agreed to a neutral site game in Jersey

But our history under Pike with neutral site games is a bit perplexing. Playing A-10 and Ivy schools on a neutral court and getting schooled time and time again is embarassing

Reactions: bac2therac
Date and time fail

But opponent checked all boxes
Bac if that game was at the Garden on the same day and time against Duke it would have been packed.

Opponent fail IMO.

Resume standpoint it’s good. Low risk.

Bac if that game was at the Garden on the same day and time against Duke it would have been packed.

Opponent fail IMO.

Resume standpoint it’s good. Low risk.
People didn’t not show up because of date and time.

People didn’t show up because it’s Mississippi State and no one cares about them.

No one cares lol

Reactions: RU at the shore
Last year everyone said Pike needs to schedule better OOC to get a better resume. He gets a Q1 to travel to NJ for a neutral site game 2 days before Christmas and now people complain?
Nothing wrong with Miss St as the team. Nothing wrong with a Saturday in Dec. if RU wins it’s a great win for the resume.
When they lose people look for crap to complain about.

Arena was fine, 5k+ fans 95%+ Rutgers. If we played duke or unc we would have had 10m fans half of them for the bad guys, and we would have lost by 40. We are not a tournament team right now. I saw Myles and Geo after the game, we certainly could have used both of them. It was a neutral site game 40 minutes from campus, incredible missed opportunity for a quad 1 win against a likely tournament team. Plenty of blame to go around today, venue was not one of the reasons we lost though.

People didn’t not show up because of date and time.

People didn’t show up because it’s Mississippi State and no one cares about them.

No one cares lol
Is it crazy to think Rutgers fans should show up to see Rutgers? We are a small time fan base. It is what it is.

Reactions: Luvscarletknights
Is it crazy to think Rutgers fans should show up to see Rutgers? We are a small time fan base. It is what it is.
When I went to the Iowa vs RU football game, I ended up going to an Iowa women’s wrestling match the day after.

That crowd was larger than what we had today.

It’s inexcusable.

Reactions: King of S
Now 0-4 in our last 4 neutral site games.

Miss St, Princeton, Temple, St. Bona

Low-upside games for the most part. Not to mention it’s unacceptable to not be able to pick up a victory against that group of teams
Yup, we suck away from the RAC.

Maybe I should have been more clear, my fault.

Just think if we’re going to do it, make it something people will show up to.
This is what you are going to get when you wait to the last minute to schedule a neutral site game against a relatively good opponent. If you want a Blue Blood at the Garden you need to start planning at least a couple years in advance. Everyone wants those games.

This game was a result of scheduling Princeton using the Gazelle group, they were able to get RU a second neutral site game. It turned out to be a diaster. From our play, to the crowd and attendance as a whole.

its sad that there Was barely 5 thousand people there when everyone says how hard it’s Become to see RU at Jersey Mikes. Real program steps up and at least fills the lower bowl, date aside.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT