ADVERTISEMENT

No. 18 Wrestling Closes Long Road Swing at RV Indiana (Friday), No. 7 Ohio State (Sunday)

Folks. This is B1G wrestling.... Strap your headgear on and step up... Stop trying to be the idiot hindsight Head Coach .. Just someone with just an even ounce of knowledge show me where this staff lost this match??? Pulling JO redshirt to go out and nearly pin his guy??? Sammy maybe wins a dec. Clark going to OT against a better kid???? Yeahhhhh. Blame the staff on that **** up..... Kanniard outwrestling his opponent the whole match before making a mistake??? Oh yeah... O'Neil woulda done better!!! These guys were put in position to win this dual.... They didn't get it done... Thats not getting outcoached... That's just kudos to the other team (which is a D1 team like us). This wasnt losing to a Rider, or Clarion.... This is B1G wrestling.... Recognize the difference please

Burroughs??? Based on what coaching wins???
Ridiculous comment. How many coaching wins did Cael have before he took over Iowa State?

Burroughs is one of the very few people that have name recognition and recruits will follow him ala Cael.

If RU ever wants to be top 5 team you need a guy like a Burroughs, Taylor, etc that recruits will follow.

I like Goody but if there was an option to get Burroughs, throw the bank at him..

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
Ridiculous comment. How many coaching wins did Cael have before he took over Iowa State?

Burroughs is one of the very few people that have name recognition and recruits will follow him ala Cael.

If RU ever wants to be top 5 team you need a guy like a Burroughs, Taylor, etc that recruits will follow.

I like Goody but if there was an option to get Burroughs, throw the bank at him..
I'm "ridiculous???" Again.... Based on what "Coaching" accolades??? I'm sorry... But you dont "throw the bank" at someone who has NEVER RUN A PROGRAM BEFORE!!!! Could Burroughs become a great coach?? He might... But there is no guarantee that he will...

Folks. This is B1G wrestling.... Strap your headgear on and step up... Stop trying to be the idiot hindsight Head Coach .. Just someone with just an even ounce of knowledge show me where this staff lost this match??? Pulling JO redshirt to go out and nearly pin his guy??? Sammy maybe wins a dec. Clark going to OT against a better kid???? Yeahhhhh. Blame the staff on that **** up..... Kanniard outwrestling his opponent the whole match before making a mistake??? Oh yeah... O'Neil woulda done better!!! These guys were put in position to win this dual.... They didn't get it done... Thats not getting outcoached... That's just kudos to the other team (which is a D1 team like us). This wasnt losing to a Rider, or Clarion.... This is B1G wrestling.... Recognize the difference please
What will you say if this team puts up a goose egg in B1G season? Because this was probably our best shot at a dual win outside of maybe Maryland.

What will you say if this team puts up a goose egg in B1G season? Because this was probably our best shot at a dual win outside of maybe Maryland.
Good question... Unlike some "know it alls". I dont have an answer yet... I'm not happy we lost last night... But i'm not going to panic yet either... This team was put in position to win the match last night.... Thats not bad coaching.... If ya can't realize the difference... Then i can't help ya bro!!!

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Ok, I have been posting here for close to 10 years. I have been huge supporter of the team and staff I DO NOT blame the staff on the loss last night(as far as lineup etc)....with the lineups I had it 5-5 split or at best 6-4 for RU. The Kannaird loss was a fluke and it was the difference in the dual. We win if Kannaird does not get injured, then pinned.

However, and this is a big However.......I do blame the staff for being in the position to lose to Indiana. Our staff, facilities, crowd, local recruiting etc etc, should have US in a position NOT to split a 5-5, 6-4 match with the likes of Indiana. I do not expect us to compete with Penn St, Iowa, Mich, OSU---but sorry at this stage of our Program we should be beating Indiana, Maryland, Mich St, Northwestern year in and year out. I do not want to hear that we are YOUNG.....look at us vs. Indiana and there is not much of a difference in experience. Any way you slice it this was a bad loss and we could go ZERO wins in the Big this season and I am sorry that is unacceptable.

I'm "ridiculous???" Again.... Based on what "Coaching" accolades??? I'm sorry... But you dont "throw the bank" at someone who has NEVER RUN A PROGRAM BEFORE!!!! Could Burroughs become a great coach?? He might... But there is no guarantee that he will...
I would say that with a lot of guys but not him. He is arguably the greatest Mens Freestyle wrestler ever. He comes and instantly brings in top tier recruits bc of his name and reputation alone. Never happening so we have nothing to worry about. Your boy Goody is safe

I would say that with a lot of guys but not him. He is arguably the greatest Mens Freestyle wrestler ever. He comes and instantly brings in top tier recruits bc of his name and reputation alone. Never happening so we have nothing to worry about. Your boy Goody is safe
Cael was "the greatest". But still had to prove himself 1st... I have no clue on how good or bad JB could be as a D1 HC... But he hasn't done anything yet... Just cuz he has become one of the most decorated wrestlers of all time doesn't make him a successful HC...

Cael was "the greatest". But still had to prove himself 1st... I have no clue on how good or bad JB could be as a D1 HC... But he hasn't done anything yet... Just cuz he has become one of the most decorated wrestlers of all time doesn't make him a successful HC...
Cael was the greatest College wrestler not the greatest Senior Level Mens Freestyle wrestler. That title goes to either Burroughs or John Smith.

Ok, I have been posting here for close to 10 years. I have been huge supporter of the team and staff I DO NOT blame the staff on the loss last night(as far as lineup etc)....with the lineups I had it 5-5 split or at best 6-4 for RU. The Kannaird loss was a fluke and it was the difference in the dual. We win if Kannaird does not get injured, then pinned.

However, and this is a big However.......I do blame the staff for being in the position to lose to Indiana. Our staff, facilities, crowd, local recruiting etc etc, should have US in a position NOT to split a 5-5, 6-4 match with the likes of Indiana. I do not expect us to compete with Penn St, Iowa, Mich, OSU---but sorry at this stage of our Program we should be beating Indiana, Maryland, Mich St, Northwestern year in and year out. I do not want to hear that we are YOUNG.....look at us vs. Indiana and there is not much of a difference in experience. Any way you slice it this was a bad loss and we could go ZERO wins in the Big this season and I am sorry that is unacceptable.
Tired of the we are YOUNG excuse too, being young doesn’t guarantee you to be better next year.. id argue, we seen just as many wrestlers regress from previous seasons or stay the same all 4 years as the ones that we seen huge jumps in…

Goodale said it best in a press conference, there are freshman AA/champs every year so you gotta get it done now and not to wait ur turn for some magical senior season bc yeah that usually doesn’t happen..

Tired of the we are YOUNG excuse too, being young doesn’t guarantee you to be better next year.. id argue, we seen just as many wrestlers regress from previous seasons or stay the same all 4 years as the ones that we seen huge jumps in…

Goodale said it best in a press conference, there are freshman AA/champs every year so you gotta get it done now and not to wait ur turn for some magical senior season bc yeah that usually doesn’t happen..
Young isn’t an excuse and we’re really not that young. Heilman, Janzer and Boone are all 5 years removed from high school. Turley and Kanniard are academic seniors. O’Neill and Clark are academic juniors.

The guys consistently churning out the best performances are Peterson, Olivieri, and Soldano. They’re the youngest guys in the lineup.

Young is a made up excuse for what is transpiring. I’m team Goodale all the way but recruiting has definitely been weak as of late. Gotta hit on more than 1 guy per year if we want to do any real consistent damage in the conference.

Young isn’t an excuse and we’re really not that young. Heilman, Janzer and Boone are all 5 years removed from high school. Turley and Kanniard are academic seniors. O’Neill and Clark are academic juniors.

The guys consistently churning out the best performances are Peterson, Olivieri, and Soldano. They’re the youngest guys in the lineup.

Young is a made up excuse for what is transpiring. I’m team Goodale all the way but recruiting has definitely been weak as of late. Gotta hit on more than 1 guy per year if we want to do any real consistent damage in the conference.
Well I’m glad the best wrestlers on our team also happen to be the youngest.. Peterson, Olivieri, Soldano, Poz.. that’s 4 solid AA options that can all happen in one year.. if Clark/Shawver keeps improving at his rate(can’t count on this) or if we can recruit one more missing piece.. think we need 5 or 6 AA(non champs) to be in the top 10

Reactions: njsportsphan
OMG, I was just thinking Soldano did a good job of holding this to a decision and then 1 mistake gets him stuck 😣

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Wow Janzer has no idea what to do while having a leg in the air. Not even close to getting the takedown.

Good question... Unlike some "know it alls". I dont have an answer yet... I'm not happy we lost last night... But i'm not going to panic yet either... This team was put in position to win the match last night.... Thats not bad coaching.... If ya can't realize the difference... Then i can't help ya bro!!!
Was the performance at Midlands considered bad coaching to you? Its not just coaching the day of the match its preparation of the team.

Billy shooting gets in deep twice in the third and no idea how to finish. I think we know what the coaches need to work on. Who knows, maybe they have been working on it and this is the best he can do.

This one's starting off beautifully. Soldano pinned.
No point in worrying about the team score, we are going to bet absolutely mauled. Depending on who they throw out, we’ll be lucky to win 1-2 matches. A shutout is certainly possible as well.

He was doing a decent job and then got in a bad spot trying to make something happen. Those positions aren’t going to work out for him very often against the full sized 184s.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
He’s not ready for the top tier guys yet. He needs to get better from his feet
Soldano will need to make so big adjustments. That style works against average guys once and against high level guys usually never. Once and if he learns to mix it in like Ness use to do he will be dangerous. You can't just roll to your back all the time and win it's wrestling.Rutgers will be lucky to win 3 matches today

This is terrific. ODonnell literally fell to his knees with zero resistance. This will end in a pin

No point in worrying about the team score, we are going to bet absolutely mauled. Depending on who they throw out, we’ll be lucky to win 1-2 matches. A shutout is certainly possible as well.

He was doing a decent job and then got in a bad spot trying to make something happen. Those positions aren’t going to work out for him very often against the full sized 184s.
Not worrying about team score, like I said last match if we can't beat Indiana very doubtful we can beat anyone in the B1G. Just want to see our guys elevate their intensity level. Janzer did, he started shooting finally but has no idea whatsoever how to finish. Soldano should have redshirted, he's not going to AA, these full grown men are going to crush him.

I thought we would be bad at the beginning of the season, got jumped on for it and still think we're a bad team.

Reactions: ScottRU93
Boone needs to get healthy soon or their 0% chance we’ll win any duals this year. Or even be competitive.

O’Donnell is a bonus point giving up machine. He is no where near good enough to be on the mat.

He’s not ready for the top tier guys yet. He needs to get better from his feet
He needs to not ever put himself in that postion against a B1G wrestler especilly a top 5 one. He could have just bellied down and lost by decision but he sits back and somehow thinks he can just muscle a guy like that over. Cmon.

Boone needs to get healthy soon or their 0% chance we’ll win any duals this year. Or even be competitive.

O’Donnell is a bonus point giving up machine. He is no where near good enough to be on the mat.
Brutal to watch

ADVERTISEMENT