ADVERTISEMENT

No. 21 Rutgers Wrestling Begins West Coast Trip with Outdoor Dual at Stanford and ends at Roadrunner Open Sunday

Turley is a good wrestler who wrestled a great NCAA tournament. He was something like 26th ranked (in an Olympic year) when he went on to take AA status. He has upper end potential and can rack up bonus point when it’s going well but it’s looking like he’s not someone we should be counting on to go out and dominate every match.

This is the first I've seen them this year. Peterson seems the real deal. Very dynamic. Sammy almost got caught just like twice last year. It's a matter of time.
I still think White is going to continue improving and work out well.
I was wrong about Clark's match being a toss up. He did come back some at the end but still needs work.
Turley impressed me in the first period in that he didn't reinjure his shoulder with those craze twists and turns. He showed moments of brilliance and exciting style that we all liked watching. He has traditionally started seasons slowly, so I think there may be better times coming (if shoulder holds out).
Soldano is amazing. I've predicted that he will get caught by a good wrestler and thought he had for a moment before he rolled through.
Janzer is not going to be much this year, even if his back holds out. I understand the desire to have each kid wrestle their strongest weight but having put Soldano at 197 would have made us a better dual team. I guess 197 gets settled next year.
Boone surprised me with how strong and dominant he looked... until the end. What was that?

This is the first I've seen them this year. Peterson seems the real deal. Very dynamic. Sammy almost got caught just like twice last year. It's a matter of time.
I still think White is going to continue improving and work out well.
I was wrong about Clark's match being a toss up. He did come back some at the end but still needs work.
Turley impressed me in the first period in that he didn't reinjure his shoulder with those craze twists and turns. He showed moments of brilliance and exciting style that we all liked watching. He has traditionally started seasons slowly, so I think there may be better times coming (if shoulder holds out).
Soldano is amazing. I've predicted that he will get caught by a good wrestler and thought he had for a moment before he rolled through.
Janzer is not going to be much this year, even if his back holds out. I understand the desire to have each kid wrestle their strongest weight but having put Soldano at 197 would have made us a better dual team. I guess 197 gets settled next year.
Boone surprised me with how strong and dominant he looked... until the end. What was that?

Soldano is too small for 197.

Soldano is too small for 197.
Correct, he is a 184. He actually looks like a small 184, he is just so freaking strong. In my opinion Poz is not a 197 either and dont think he ever will be. Poz redshirts this year, most likely Soldano redshirts next year. In two years, figure it out. The only way one goes 197 if they are both out of redshirts and the winner goes 184 and the other has to move up, move down or transfer.

Yes we beat Stanford :20-16 with Peterson and Alvarez with major decisions and Heilman and Boone winning decisions. Soldano won the meet with a first period fall. Clark. O’Neill, white, Turley and Janzer lost

Can’t count on Turley ever reaching his peak AA form anymore at this point..
I think he needs to get his conditioning up again. 1st period he had that burst and it was a match. Then he tired and it got away from him. During his run he had that burst well into the 3rd before he gassed.

If he keeps working and doesn’t get dejected we may see that Turley who wrestles like his opponent just punched his grandmother in the face. He just needs to keep working harder than he has been at it.

Reactions: mikemessner
I think he needs to get his conditioning up again. 1st period he had that burst and it was a match. Then he tired and it got away from him. During his run he had that burst well into the 3rd before he gassed.

If he keeps working and doesn’t get dejected we may see that Turley who wrestles like his opponent just punched his grandmother in the face. He just needs to keep working harder than he has been at it.
He only went super Turley mode during that backside stretch at nationals. it was a very inconsistent season and he had a high seed at nationals.... idk what caused him to wrestle like his opponent just punched his grandmother in his face.. lol.. but he never went back into that mode again since..that was just an outlier performance when has he picked up a big win since? We all wish he would turn into super Turley again but at this point there’s no evidence that will happen again..

Reactions: rubigtimenow
He only went super Turley mode during that backside stretch at nationals. it was a very inconsistent season and he had a high seed at nationals.... idk what caused him to wrestle like his opponent just punched his grandmother in his face.. lol.. but he never went back into that mode again since..that was just an outlier performance when has he picked up a big win since? We all wish he would turn into super Turley again but at this point there’s no evidence that will happen again..
He had a great tournament and then was hurt and is now coming back to the mat after almost two years. He hasn't had the time to show up bc of the injury.

I'm not excusing early season losses or anything that's happened now but he can't follow up on that run if he's been hurt since then.

Some of the ranked wrestlers there that we could meet n improve our rankings:
125- #10 Kaylor, 13 Lorenzo
133- #14 Rich, 19 Drury
141- #20 Belton
149- #10 Demas, 13 Abas
157- #22 Cardenas
165- #2 Griffith, 29 Lamer 30 Olguin
174- #7 Romero 27 Eischens
184-#6 Munoz, 18 Kemp
197- #5 Truax, 22 Harvey, 31 Bockman
HWT- #29 Woodruff

Looking forward to a possible Soldano vs Munoz matchup the most!
Thank you for this post. Gonna make following the tourney tomorrow much easier.

What’s up with Turley and janzer?
Is Janzer partially hurt?? I realized he’s probably a more natural 184 pounder but he had a pretty promising freshman season..

Like Janzer’s freshman season he picked up wins over Embree, Loew, Caffey.. and was seeded 21st at nationals.. those were some quality wins.. and now feels like he has no offense and regressed..

Road Runner brackets are up on track. At 125, Peterson and Shawver on opposite sides.
No Alvarez or Janzer. Olivieri unattached at 141.
Is there anyway to watch this? I have like every platform there is and can't find it.

133- #14 Rich, 19 Drury
141- #20 Belton
149- #10 Demas, 13 Abas
157- #22 Cardenas
184-#6 Munoz, 18 Kemp
HWT- #29 Woodruff

No Lorenzo, Drury, demas, abas, Cardenas, Griffith, lamer, romero, eischens, kemp, Bockman, woodruff from a quick glance on mobile, please let me know if I missed anyone.

Doesn't look like any Stanford wrestlers are there.

Some match ups to look out for: Peterson v kaylor in second Rd, shawver and Peterson on opposite sides, heilmann v rich in the finals if both make it, soldano v Munoz in finals if both make it.

Reactions: KidDagger
Is there anyway to watch this? I have like every platform there is and can't find it.
No live stream so we're left with following track and maybe Twitter.
I c Nic Aguilar(beaver RTC) in 125 bracket too… didn’t know he was still wrestling..
Interesting, I didn't either. Looks like they reseeded or shuffled the bracket and moved Peterson from the 2 seed or bottom line to up top and Shawver moved to bottom bracket. Odd

I know Janzer is a little dinged but sad to see he isn’t wrestling today. He needs as much live mat time as possible to get back in the groove and see if he can really be the guy at 197. We have two weeks off after this so not much of an opportunity in near term exists.

With that being said we don’t really have any legitimate options there anyway so I guess it doesn’t matter from a starting/roster perspective

133- #14 Rich, 19 Drury
141- #20 Belton
149- #10 Demas, 13 Abas
157- #22 Cardenas
184-#6 Munoz, 18 Kemp
HWT- #29 Woodruff

No Lorenzo, Drury, demas, abas, Cardenas, Griffith, lamer, romero, eischens, kemp, Bockman, woodruff from a quick glance on mobile, please let me know if I missed anyone.

Doesn't look like any Stanford wrestlers are there.

Some match ups to look out for: Peterson v kaylor in second Rd, shawver and Peterson on opposite sides, heilmann v rich in the finals if both make it, soldano v Munoz in finals if both make it.
You nailed it.. so many ranked guys are missing..literally no ranked guys in 149,157,174,hwt brackets now… good chance for us to win those

The top 4 matches to watch today(unless upset or MFF or something who knows anymore)

4) #14 Rich vs Heilman (possible 33 finals)
3) #10 Kaylor vs Peterson (2nd round)
2) Shawver vs Peterson/Kaylor(possible 25 finals)
1) #6 Munoz vs Soldano (possible 84 finals)

Reactions: rubigtimenow
No live stream so we're left with following track and maybe Twitter.
Well that sucks. From the soundless, scoreless blimp view to nothing. I guess I shouldn't have complained about the blimp view. Never use Track much, I'm on the Roadrunner tournament site there, will the results just show up or is there a specific feature I need to click.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT