ADVERTISEMENT

No. 23 Rutgers Wrestling Closes Dual Season with No. 1 Penn State (Friday), No. 10 Nebraska (Sunday)

I have to say, for as much of a non-red wearing crowd as there was, the Nitty Kitty fans were very quiet relative to their numbers.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Just look what Iowa did to Michigan last night and how Nebraska blasted #5 Ohio State 25-16 while forfeiting 285. Tough conference

We can BEAT Nebraska

Cronin over Peterson 0-3
Heilmann majors Burwick 4-3
Hardy over Olivieri 4-6
White over Morton 7-6
Robb majors Clark 7-10
Kinniard over Wilson 10-10
Labriola over Turley 10-13
Soldano over Pinto 13-13
Alfred over Janzer 13-16
McDermott majors Davidson 17-16

Reactions: RUMike
We can BEAT Nebraska

Cronin over Peterson 0-3
Hardy over Olivieri 4-6
White over Morton 7-6
Robb majors Clark 7-10
Soldano over Pinto 13-13
Alfred over Janzer 13-16
I’d be pretty surprised if Heilmann majors anyone. He’s not a big point scorer. Also Labriola can pick up bonus over Turley.

Aside from that there probably is a path to victory but this team hasn’t been able to seize these opportunities the last few years. Even last year they had a chance to pull off an upset over Ohio St I believe and Poz/Bulsak both had unexpected losses to give it away. Hopefully that changes soon.

We can BEAT Nebraska

Cronin over Peterson 0-3
Hardy over Olivieri 4-6
White over Morton 7-6
Robb majors Clark 7-10
Soldano over Pinto 13-13
Alfred over Janzer 13-16
Burwick is 3-14 against common opponents, with only 2 bonus losses.

Heilmann is 4-9 against common opponents. His bonus rate is 26%, with one of those bonuses coming from an NAIA guy and one from a D2 guy.

Not sure I see a Heilmann bonus in that.

We can BEAT Nebraska

Cronin over Peterson 0-3
Hardy over Olivieri 4-6
White over Morton 7-6
Robb majors Clark 7-10
Soldano over Pinto 13-13
Alfred over Janzer 13-16
No chance

Agree, might get shutout. The program is a dumpster fire at this point. With try great recruiting area and fan supporting it’s embarrassing how bad we are. They need to make a coaching change.
Honest question, do you mean the team or the program? There’s a difference. I don’t think either one is a dumpster fire but the team is definitely having a down year. The program is good, can be better obviously but we are on a nice multi-AA streak that wasn’t even a thought ten years ago.

Reactions: Leonard23
We can BEAT Nebraska

Cronin over Peterson 0-3
Hardy over Olivieri 4-6
White over Morton 7-6
Robb majors Clark 7-10
Soldano over Pinto 13-13
Alfred over Janzer 13-16
I think you have it right if White and Kanniard win what might be toss-ups. If they do, it will come to bonus points or criteria. If they do. I hope Boone is up to it after his layoff.

We can BEAT Nebraska

Cronin over Peterson 0-3
Hardy over Olivieri 4-6
White over Morton 7-6
Robb majors Clark 7-10
Soldano over Pinto 13-13
Alfred over Janzer 13-16
This is literally best case scenario and usually that hasn’t bode well for us.. much better chance of Labriola getting bonus then Heilmann..

Can’t remember the last time our team had a huge team upset.. or even a huge individual upset.. it’s been awhile..

No backs for Boone? WTF is this ref doing? That's a pretty fvcked up call on his part.

No backs for Boone. Comical. At the Penn State match they reviewed potential backs without making Cael use a a challenge but won’t do it here. Go figure.

No backs for Boone? WTF is this ref doing? That's a pretty fvcked up call.
Just fvcking awful. However I have come to expect the very worst from any ref or official in any big ten game or match

Boone looks very good, which is a shame that Rider had to cheap shot him in their dual. If I'm Goodale I'm done wrestling Rider unless their coaching staff is gone. No place for that type of cheap BS.

That last stalemate was stupid. Peterson was very close to getting 2 but whatever. He’s gotta be smarter late period.

Can’t be rest since it’s the last match for a few weeks but they essentially just gave away the match so they most not have any confidence in the rest of the team pulling any upsets/competing.

These announcers aren’t bad but they’re talking about choosing bottom to start periods like it’s a ground breaking strategy pioneered by Nebraskas coaching staff

Incredible lack of awareness by White to pick up a 2nd stall. First stall was weak but you gotta be smarter than that.

I did not realize that there’s a delayed stall call on top that stops riding time. Learned something new.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT