ADVERTISEMENT

No. 23 Rutgers Wrestling Closes Dual Season with No. 1 Penn State (Friday), No. 10 Nebraska (Sunday)

Any predictions for tonight? Not sure who we are getting from the PSU lineup for match. In any event I hope PSU puts out starters..,I/M/O it would be good for RU wrestler to get see their best to see how they fair against their team. I think it will definitely help. I don’t care about dual score…if we show up…gotta wrestle the best.

Team is wrestling pretty well overall. A couple last second mistakes from this being a 9-8 first half
I agree. Let’s see where we meet the hard part of their lineup. Just wrestle. It’s about gaining confidence against a good team. I have not seen getting us intimidated by who they are wrestling. A positive.

Match went as expected. Van Ness had White flat for 10 seconds, shocked that wasn’t called. Brooks is a bad matchup for anyone but especially for Soldano. Too technically sound.

Thought Oliveri would keep it closer than major, Beau isn’t a bonus point machine.

Reactions: biker7766
Match went as expected. Van Ness had White flat for 10 seconds, shocked that wasn’t called. Brooks is a bad matchup for anyone but especially for Soldano. Too technically sound.

Thought Oliveri would keep it closer than major, Beau isn’t a bonus point machine.
That’s without RBY…even though I tnink Hielman gives him a match.

Give him a match? Yeah I’m sure he’s game but he would get taken down at will against RBY.
I would like him to get the opportunity. I looked up common match ups. I/M/O would Hielman win probably not. But with common opponents the final scores where close….I think Hielman had our best chance for an upset or keep it close…which you build on.

Reactions: DUForever
I would like him to get the opportunity. I looked up common match ups. I/M/O would Hielman win maybe not. But with common opponents….I think Hielman had our best chance for an upset or keep it close…which you build on.
He’ll have his shot at B1G10s.

I just checked wrestlestat. RBY is 30-1 against common opponents and Heilmann is 14-17. Not sure what you take from that to think it would be a “match?”

Reactions: PSU_Nut
Sucks that we’re just not even competitive against state penn. We looked like a jv team.

Goodale is an easy guy to like. He takes responsibility, doesn’t really call out our guys, or over hype where we are at. He is truthful to a fault by saying than being a young team isn’t an excuse as freshman are winning national titles. Even admitted that the big crowd was because of Penn State and their traveling fan base. Plus he is really involved in the matches and puts on a good show for the fans. You can’t help but root for him.

He alluded to his weaknesses during the press conference including saying it is about recruiting and other teams are closer to figuring out Penn State than we are. Unfortunately, the results indicate he has not figured it out. In a strange way he might be saying that he has taken the team as far as he is capable of.

We gotta love the guy for getting us to where we are. I hope he always is involved at Rutgers in some capacity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT