ADVERTISEMENT

No. 5 Rutgers Women's Soccer Travels West for NCAA College Cup / Friday, Dec. 3 @ 7 p.m.

WATCH AND FOLLOW | Friday's match will be televised live on ESPNU and the ESPN app. WRSU will broadcast live from California online and on 88.7 FM. Live stats of the match will be available at NCAA.com

That is an awesome trip for a couple of guys from WRSU. Props to the university for paying for their travel.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Clearly, they believe Florida State is the favorite, but this site is HEAVILY slanted towards the ACC. If you want to be the best, gotta beat the best. Go get 'em ladies!!!

Clearly, they believe Florida State is the favorite, but this site is HEAVILY slanted towards the ACC. If you want to be the best, gotta beat the best. Go get 'em ladies!!!

Well, FSU is #1 and a very strong program so there's that. I think whomever wins this match wins the whole thing. The other side, BYU/SC is not as strong...

I think anyone saying BYU and Santa Clara aren't as strong is a little ill-informed. BYU has the number one offense in the nation this year and beat #2 Virginia @Virginia to get to the Elite Eight. Their run of games has been a bit easier but Virginia is no slouch, it's an impressive win. Santa Clara are the reigning College Cup champions. They had a rough start to the year, very close to missing the tournament entirely, but turned it around in October, only losing to one team since then. They beat a very strong Duke team @Duke to get to the Final Four and beat Stanford, Georgetown and Wisconsin in their other rounds. Insanely hard run-up and they handled it mostly with ease. I don't think either is as strong as Florida State but neither is a walk in the park and both are very capable of winning the College Cup.

Have my tickets for the game tomorrow and the championship game Sunday, GO RU!

Who else coming??

RUFAN1766 - are you from NOR CAL or did you travel to the area? My wife and I are going to head over at around 2 tomorrow, I live about an hour away from Santa Clara. Let me know if you want to meet up and that goes for other folks as well.

Dave

Reactions: rutgersfan1766
RUFAN1766 - are you from NOR CAL or did you travel to the area? My wife and I are going to head over at around 2 tomorrow, I live about an hour away from Santa Clara. Let me know if you want to meet up and that goes for other folks as well.

Dave

Flying from NJ first thing tomorrow morning. Tailgating with RU families as soon as I get there pretty much.

Have any bars in or around New Brunswick advertised that they'll be showing the game? I don't have a TV subscription but don't want to miss it.

SIAP. How is Gabby's health coming up to the Final 4? Is Frankie OK (thought I was reading she may have been under the weather last game or two?)? Like our chances if they are both at the top of their games! GO RU!

I think anyone saying BYU and Santa Clara aren't as strong is a little ill-informed. BYU has the number one offense in the nation this year and beat #2 Virginia @Virginia to get to the Elite Eight. Their run of games has been a bit easier but Virginia is no slouch, it's an impressive win. Santa Clara are the reigning College Cup champions. They had a rough start to the year, very close to missing the tournament entirely, but turned it around in October, only losing to one team since then. They beat a very strong Duke team @Duke to get to the Final Four and beat Stanford, Georgetown and Wisconsin in their other rounds. Insanely hard run-up and they handled it mostly with ease. I don't think either is as strong as Florida State but neither is a walk in the park and both are very capable of winning the College Cup.
That's all fine and dandy, but the same poll that Virginia ranked 2nd also had FSU 1, Rutgers 5, Santa Clara 12, and BYU 13. Sure, anyone could win, but the favorite in the final should be the FSU/Rutgers winner.

FSU looks really impressive thus far. We can’t gain or hold any possession at the moment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT