ADVERTISEMENT

Officially Transferring: Akwasi Yeboah- Possible Stony Brook Grad Transfer.

A

anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy

played for pike in 2015 and 2016. Really high academic kid who wants to be a physical therapist and he studies health sciences. We have tremendous health and science programs so whether pike was here or not he’d probably have interest.

Plays the 3, averaged 17ppg, has shot 34% from 3 in his career along with around 80% from the charity stripe. watch the interview below. Really an intilligent kid

Last edited by a moderator:
Also 8 rebounds . Yes please . I’m assuming he can play some stretch 4 too with those rebounding numbers . Makes too much sense not to happen .
Hes 6-6 235 so he can certainly bang at that size and you see him in the post a few times in his highlights linked above as well. Pike said he wants two things with these remaining schollies, an athletic forward and a 3 point shooter, well you get both for the price of one here. He’s shot 34% from 3 in his career on 500 3-point attempts. 500!!!! So it’s not like hes only shooting a couple 3’s here and there this kid is a walking bucket!

Would be a great position of need. Let’s hope he harbors no ill will from when pike left. If they meet at least once I would love our chances

Just seeing this now....if you are replacing Thiam with a player who knows the system already and can back up Eugene or Harper as an undersized wing who can or isnt afraid to rebound and can shoot, this would be fine because of the familiarity. I don't know much about him or his play but if Pike is on board, then I'm on board.

Last edited:
No we still need center help to replace Doorson and complement Johnson. Don’t see Doucoure as the answer there.
I agree. But this kid could be instant help as a shooter/ SF. I agree however, that we need a big man as well. Now, if Doucoure does come back and Pike recruits a 4 or 5 does Pike redshirt him or does he play right away as a backup to Myles?

Pike knows the deal here.

The issue is can he play inside .

If he can...we should pursue

If he is only a perimeter defender...probably a pass even with the familiarity

Very very good chance we land yeboah next year. Was a first team all conference player in the AE. Recruited by young to sbu. Great kid as well.

Reactions: kwrightnj
Shaq carter + duke can play 13 mins combined a night, myles 22 mins and those other 5 mins we go small and run
Shaq and Duke will get eaten alive by decent Big Ten bigs. They're not centers. Too big of a drop off and Johnson's low block defense and fouling problems cry out for another legitimate post defender to help battle the Nick Ward and Caleb Wesson types.

Pike knows the deal here.

The issue is can he play inside .

If he can...we should pursue

If he is only a perimeter defender...probably a pass even with the familiarity
So I went back and watched his full game tape vs South Carolina back in November. They beat south carolina @ SC. He matched up with a guy who is 6-11 265 to start the game and more than held his own. Yeboah didnt have his best game as he was a volume shooter that night (only 33% from the field but 5-10 from 3 and 3-3 from the line). But this kid can easily guard forwards, in fact I would say he looks like more of a 4 on the defensive end than a 3. This kid would be a GREAT get if he becomes available. Heres the game tape if anyone wants to watch. Yeboah is #15

Reactions: Scangg
Shaq and Duke will get eaten alive by decent Big Ten bigs. They're not centers. Too big of a drop off and Johnson's low block defense and fouling problems cry out for another legitimate post defender to help battle the Nick Ward and Caleb Wesson types.
There is Nobody out there that we are getting that is better than Duke at this point in the game. You are being unrealistic with how many bigs a team needs in today’s game. We are set at the five. We need guys who can score.

So I went back and watched his full game tape vs South Carolina back in November. They beat south carolina @ SC. He matched up with a guy who is 6-11 265 to start the game and more than held his own. Yeboah didnt have his best game as he was a volume shooter that night (only 33% from the field but 5-10 from 3 and 3-3 from the line). But this kid can easily guard forwards, in fact I would say he looks like more of a 4 on the defensive end than a 3. This kid would be a GREAT get if he becomes available. Heres the game tape if anyone wants to watch. Yeboah is #15

This is the trick ...if he can defend and board the four at the big ten level ...I’m all aboard as I do NOT want carter playing a minute at the four spot ...

If he can play inside ... then with Harper also playing some stretch four...I’m all in as it might be necessary to play Eugene at the five next year some minutes behind Johnson to get more offense AND defense on the floor...even if sacrificing some height

There is Nobody out there that we are getting that is better than Duke at this point in the game. You are being unrealistic with how many bigs a team needs in today’s game. We are set at the five. We need guys who can score.

You can’t say that as we haven’t seen if Duke is able to stay out of foul trouble yet.

He racked up 4-5 fouls in small amounts of minutes last year. Struggled to stay on the court.

alot of assumptions there...honestly I am not sold on Carter or Duke at all
Im not either but heres the thing. Watch the tape vs south carolina of this kid. We get this kid and our team is tourney bound and carter and duke probably never see the floor. This kid is a 4 with the athleticism of a 3.

He didnt have a great game vs south carolina efficiency wise but still dropped 24 points and pulled down 11 boards in a road win at south carolina. His first half was inefficient, second half he played extremely well

Whats the biggest thing we struggled with on D this year? Defender high pick and rolls because were a hedge team, not a switch team. This kid is 6-6 235 and plays the 4 and plays it damn well on D but has the athleticism to switch off and defend guards.

Imo hes gonna be one of the top 3 sought after grad transfers in the country and luckily we have a little inside track

Last edited by a moderator:
This kid makes this team a ton better than duke. And this kid is a 4

At the five, I want a guy that can defend Big Ten bigs. I don't care if he doesn't score a point.

At the five, I want a guy that can defend Big Ten bigs. I don't care if he doesn't score a point.
We are not getting anyone like that. I guarantee we don’t. Duke will have to get the job done. We need guys that can score with the last two ships.

Reactions: Caliknight
This kid makes this team a ton better than duke. And this kid is a 4
I agree. I like it. My point is Duke is taking Doorsons minutes. We are not bringing in a guy with our last 2 ships to play at that spot.

I also am wondering if he has announced or not whether he wants to be a grad transfer or are people just speculating?

I remember him having a great game in the battle at SB in Pike year #1. I trust Coach will know if he is a fit at RU or not. To me it looks like he has the skill set that we could use.

Even dumbing down his numbers for Big Ten play, this is a take. Seems like a smart kid and can provide upperclassmen leadership this team will still need next year. Also at the level we have a shot to land. If Pike and Young are in, so am I.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT