ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2018 New York Yankees season

Andujar today became only the third Yankee in history to have an extra base hit in seven games straight at age 23 or younger. The other two- Joe DiMaggio and Mickey Mantle. Nine guys on the DL, and barring a miracle comeback tonight, Yanks will win their 8th in a row and cut the Sox lead to 2 games.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Andujar today became only the third Yankee in history to have an extra base hit in seven games straight at age 23 or younger. The other two- Joe DiMaggio and Mickey Mantle. Nine guys on the DL, and barring a miracle comeback tonight, Yanks will win their 8th in a row and cut the Sox lead to 2 games.
1.They can't take Andujar out of the lineup when Drury is ready.
2. Gleyber still doesn't know what it feels like to lose an MLB game.
3. What happened to Gardner's bat ?

Last edited:
Another thing that should be mentioned is that Aaron Boone has done a pretty good job as a first year manager. He hasn't been perfect, but the players seem to like playing for him and there hasn't been any real drama. Many on here were predicting the end of the world once Joe was gone.

Another thing that should be mentioned is that Aaron Boone has done a pretty good job as a first year manager. He hasn't been perfect, but the players seem to like playing for him and there hasn't been any real drama. Many on here were predicting the end of the world once Joe was gone.
What drama was there with Giradi??
Nobody was predicting the end of the world. It's just a stupid idea to bench the guy who took your team within a game of the World Series in a year they weren't even supposed to make the playoffs.
Problems ignored by Boone are Betances and Sanchez catching. There is no drama because he has done nothing to fix the issues.

He looks like a keeper! :)

Another thing that should be mentioned is that Aaron Boone has done a pretty good job as a first year manager. He hasn't been perfect, but the players seem to like playing for him and there hasn't been any real drama. Many on here were predicting the e of the world once Joe was gone.
But, the real test is his moves in the playoffs. That's all that matters.

Reactions: Rhuarc
Boone has made as many stupid mistakes as Girardi did. Like not challenging the Stanton out call at second base the other day.
It's too early. And I had enough of Girardi. But I'm not impressed thus far with Boone.
Perhaps it's his superior way of dealing with the players and the media that the Yanks like about him.

Boone has made as many stupid mistakes as Girardi did. Like not challenging the Stanton out call at second base the other day.
It's too early. And I had enough of Girardi. But I'm not impressed thus far with Boone.
Perhaps it's his superior way of dealing with the players and the media that the Yanks like about him.
Challenges come from upstairs. And they suck at it. Srewed Giradi last year too. And they will let the manager take the blame.

Nobody was predicting the end of the world. It's just a stupid idea to bench the guy who took your team within a game of the World Series in a year they weren't even supposed to make the playoffs.
Problems ignored by Boone are Betances and Sanchez catching. There is no drama because he has done nothing to fix the issues.
Did you catch the last outing by Betances on Thursday? He came into the game, top of the 9th with the Yanks down 3-1 and mowed down Dozier, Mauer and Sano on 13 pitches, 11 of them strikes. Boonie and Larry's patience with him is paying off. He's going to be fine. I really believe you'll be very pleased with him as the season progresses.

Did you catch the last outing by Betances on Thursday? He came into the game, top of the 9th with the Yanks down 3-1 and mowed down Dozier, Mauer and Sano on 13 pitches, 11 of them strikes. Boonie and Larry's patience with him is paying off. He's going to be fine. I really believe you'll be very pleased with him as the season progresses.
I did see that game. Key words are "down 3-1" = No pressure. Hope you are right. Yanks need him back in form when he was the closer.

Reactions: NickKnight 1
Yes, the players do well under him, some may try to undermine that statement, but not me, I remember Joe Torre had the same gift,
and as we all know, did quite fine with his tenure. Joe Torre served as a buffer between the players and Ol George and had great results.
AS for Joey G. I personally thought he was a disaster.

Reactions: Rhuarc
What options are there for those 2 players? Betances could get sent down when he truly sucks. And I guess Sanchez gets to DH? That would kill any outfield rotation that works. When a team is on an 8 game winning, streak I don't see why you have to do anything to ruin it.

What options are there for those 2 players? Betances could get sent down when he truly sucks. And I guess Sanchez gets to DH? That would kill any outfield rotation that works. When a team is on an 8 game winning, streak I don't see why you have to do anything to ruin it.
Bettances had issues late last year and most of this year. This isn' a today problem. Neither is Sanchez. Led the league in passed balls last year, lead so far this year. Spent no time at first in spring training. Look at his stats for Tanake and Gray vs Romine. Big difference.

Wow. For those watching they just mentioned that there will be more strikeouts than hits in a single month for the first time ever in MLB history. That's crazy.

Sonny Gray vs. the Astros could be rough tomorrow.
You would have to think that he is pitching to keep a spot in the rotation. I think the only thing that keeps him in the rotation is taking him out is an admission that it was a bad trade.

Looks like Montgomery is turning into our #2 starter.....not sure if good or bad. Nice and easy win today.
I would think that is good that one of your Younguns is stepping up and earning their spot. If he keeps it up, you guys got a legit starter for the next few years.

You would have to think that he is pitching to keep a spot in the rotation. I think the only thing that keeps him in the rotation is taking him out is an admission that it was a bad trade.
Gray was fine last season, let's see if he can shake it out and get back to basics. Today is a good test.

Well, he might also stay in the rotation because the options are not there. I don't think Sheffield or Adams wowed anyone in the Spring. And Cessa and German don't look like upgrades. So short term I thing we're stuck with Sonny. Let's hope he can straighten things out.

Looks like Montgomery is turning into our #2 starter.....not sure if good or bad. Nice and easy win today.
Montgomery is a fourth or fifth starter.
Like last year, if the playoffs started tomorrow it would be Severino, Tanaka, and CC.
Gray and Montgomery would be watching from the bullpen.

Dodgers fade out of the playoff hunt and we trade for Kershaw mid year?

Well, he might also stay in the rotation because the options are not there. I don't think Sheffield or Adams wowed anyone in the Spring. And Cessa and German don't look like upgrades. So short term I thing we're stuck with Sonny. Let's hope he can straighten things out.
Sonny's here because he's what we have. German may develop into a great starter, same with Cessa, but they're nowhere near there yet, and thrusting them into that role now would just ruin them. Could be worse, we could be Tampa who has "bullpen day" as their fifth starter. At least we can hope Sonny has a good day or starts to round out into the pitcher he was in Oakland the first three years of his career. Hopefully he doesn't end up being this decade's AJ Burnett.

Sonny's here because he's what we have. German may develop into a great starter, same with Cessa, but they're nowhere near there yet, and thrusting them into that role now would just ruin them. Could be worse, we could be Tampa who has "bullpen day" as their fifth starter. At least we can hope Sonny has a good day or starts to round out into the pitcher he was in Oakland the first three years of his career. Hopefully he doesn't end up being this decade's AJ Burnett.
Saw this earlier today. These trends tend not to reverse themselves except when an injury is involved.

From 2013-15, Gray was 33-20 with a 2.88 ERA for Oakland in 76 games, 74 as a starter. Since 2016, he's 16-24 with a 4.67 ERA in 54 starts.

Who is this guy pitching for the Yankees tonight? Throwing strikes, pitching fast and lower pitch count. New mindset I hope. Looks Great!

Please tell me you're kidding and/or high.
Half kidding. Seagears though is now getting tommy John. They are in big trouble. If they are out of it come the trade deadline he will be traded without question.

Half kidding. Seagears though is now getting tommy John. They are in big trouble. If they are out of it come the trade deadline he will be traded without question.

Please tell me why he will be traded no question?

He is a free agent at the end of the season. If they are completely out of it they will trade him and get something. They could still sign him back in the off season. Makes no sense to keep him if you are out of it.

It's a long way to October but the Astros look like a lock to repeat. Great line-up, better pitching. Right now best in the majors

It's a long way to October but the Astros look like a lock to repeat. Great line-up, better pitching. Right now best in the majors
Hasn't been a repeat champ since the Yanks, perhaps this will that streak will be broken.

I'm a fan of neither team and I think the Astros are a lock to repeat as well.It'll take a team with some great lefthanded hitters to beat them.Maybe Washington once Murphy returns.Too early to look for other challengers to the throne.

Long season. A lot can happen. They are solid. No doubt. Let's get Bird back. I think Frazier can have an impact as well. Moves to be made at the deadline too. Health will play a factor. Once you are I. The playoffs anything can happen.

The real question should be who is the catcher.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Happily Boone backed off not having personal catchers. Looks like Romine for Gray and Tanaka. The numbers were dramatic. How can you manage by sabermetrics but ignore that??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT