ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2018 New York Yankees season

Says the Mets fan posting in the Yanks thread.
[eyeroll]
Yeah, but I don't have nasty things to say about the Yankees when I come to the Yankees threads. You seem to have some sort of put down or negative comparison to the Mets every day. Comes across as a small man syndrome.
I root for the Mets first, but would like to see both NY teams do well, except when they play each other. Got it?

Yeah, but I don't have nasty things to say about the Yankees when I come to the Yankees threads. You seem to have some sort of put down or negative comparison to the Mets every day. Comes across as a small man syndrome.
I root for the Mets first, but would like to see both NY teams do well, except when they play each other. Got it?
As a JV fan, I know you are insecure (just like RU#'s), but please stop whining. It's fun to laugh about the Mets. No biggie!

So, getting back to the Yankees, imagine this lineup if Bird comes back in a week and hits up to his apparent potential?

Tyler Austin has been decent at 1st base, but Bird has shown flashes of being a special hitter -- when healthy. The Yanks think so much of his bat, he was batting 3rd when the season opened (I think).

So, getting back to the Yankees, imagine this lineup if Bird comes back in a week and hits up to his apparent potential?

Tyler Austin has been decent at 1st base, but Bird has shown flashes of being a special hitter -- when healthy. The Yanks think so much of his bat, he was batting 3rd when the season opened (I think).
With Bird back, most of the baby bombers will be in place (except the upcoming starters and Frazier).

Reactions: IMARUFAN
It would be better if they let @Kbee3 back in the Mets thread. It’s only fair to us Yankees fans.
I don't think I'm currently blacklisted from the Mets thread. I caved to their sobbing and decided to let them have their safe space.
I can post there. I've just decided not to do so. That's the kind of guy I am.

I don't see the hype about Bird. He is like Lucy to Charlie Brown. Every time you think you are going to see great things he back on the DL. Hasn't shown anything in the majors.

Reactions: IMARUFAN
I don't think I'm currently blacklisted from the Mets thread. I caved to their sobbing and decided to let them have their safe space.
Lol, what can you say while the Mets have a better record???

Mets suk

Not sure why people are touting the Metsies and worrying about the Yankees. The Mets will go as far as their limitations take them. The Yankees appear to have righted the ship. Figured that would happen when the snow stopped. Giancarlo (don't call me Mike) Stanton is a California product who spent his major league career in Miami. He tends to hit better when the weather warms up. We were lucky enough to have him in Jupiter for 60 games several seasons ago, and marveled at how far some of his shots went. Now we just have to worry about getting Bird healthy. Love what Zap said about Bird's swing.
TL

Maybe karma bit you. Keep your yapping put downs out of the Mets thread. Eat it.

It only took a few minutes for me to find a post when YOU came to the Yankee board to talk shite. If we stayed to our own board, this wouldn't be a problem. Well, its not really a problem, hypocritical, but not a problem.

It only took a few minutes for me to find a post when YOU came to the Yankee board to talk shite. If we stayed to our own board, this wouldn't be a problem. Well, its not really a problem, hypocritical, but not a problem.
Find it.
Only talked about Sanchez and his defensive struggles. That's not starting trouble and lobbing insults. It's an observation.
Milder than what a Yankee fan said about him:
Sanchez has to be the worst catcher at actually catching a pitch, than any catcher in the majors. Lets another run in tonight on a passed ball. Just make him a DH and be done with it.

Some of you are sensitive sallies. . . .

Find it.
Only talked about Sanchez and his defensive struggles. That's not starting trouble and lobbing insults. It's an observation.
Milder than what a Yankee fan said about him:

Some of you are sensitive sallies. . . .

I believe it closed with the phrase: "Eat it." I could care less which board you post on, but truthfully, don't complain about Yankee fans on the Met thread and then take up residence here.

If we are talking defensive struggles, dare I bring up Mike Piazza, far worse than Sanchez defensively. Here's a guy that couldn't call a game, couldn't throw a runner out, and had pass ball issues of his own. Tell me you don't think Sanchez can at least throw out a runner.

We all root for the same college football team, but somehow take great pleasure with showering fans of a different professional teams with our "quick witted barb;" it's stupid.

I believe it closed with the phrase: "Eat it." I could care less which board you post on, but truthfully, don't complain about Yankee fans on the Met thread and then take up residence here.

If we are talking defensive struggles, dare I bring up Mike Piazza, far worse than Sanchez defensively. Here's a guy that couldn't call a game, couldn't throw a runner out, and had pass ball issues of his own. Tell me you don't think Sanchez can at least throw out a runner.

We all root for the same college football team, but somehow take great pleasure with showering fans of a different professional teams with our "quick witted barb;" it's stupid.
Agree with the bolded part.
And why are you defending one of the biggest knuckle draggers on this board. He has a history of being a turd in not only the Mets threads, but other threads. He is the stereotypical "my team is better than your team fan" that showers fans of professional teams with stupid barbs.
I did no such thing in this thread when discussing Sanchez. Not only have other Yankee fans expressed concern, but it is written about in the NY papers. You want to talk about Mike Piazza? How many years ago was that?
If you go over to the Mets threads, we freely lavish criticism on underperforming Mets. Golly, someone who doe not have pinstripe tattoos does that here, and it is a snowflake meltdown. Lighten up, Francis. There was no flaming, just a constructive discussion. As far as the sports fan guy with the hat avatar, he is going on ignore.
Peace out.

Oh...I've got plenty of ammunition.
Like I said, your crying got to me. Now go back top your safe space.
Peace.
I'm sure you do,but like always, you wait until the Yankees pass the Mets record wise. Your never one to go out on a limb,what we like to call a classic front runner,lol.

I'm sure you do,but like always, you wait until the Yankees pass the Mets record wise. Your never one to go out on a limb,what we like to call a classic front runner,lol.
Front runner ? You DO realize you're talking to a Rutgers fan on a Rutgers board, don't you ?
And I'm sure I've told you more than once that I've been a Yankees fan since before there were Mets or Mets fans.

Disclaimer: This was on ESPN.

Coley Harvey ESPN Staff Writer

Via ESPN Stats & Information, this is what has happened when Sonny Gray has pitched to Gary Sánchez and Austin Romine. Asked if Gray liked pitching to Romine because Romine seemed more proficient at catching balls in the dirt, Yankees manager Aaron Boone today said: "No. I don't think it's that. When he came over here they kind of connected and got on the same page. I think it's a comfort level and hopefully this is one thing that'll be the start of Sonny starting to turn the corner, because obviously he's important."

3e58cf3c-d51a-4b6f-ae63-94a7c4383b21.png

Sorry to hear that. I was hoping you could keep them all in their thread and leave this for Yankees discussion only. [cheers]

Sonny Gray is painful. Some guys just can't pitch in New York.

Last edited:
Aaron Boone is an idiot. Gets up in the post game press conference and says of Gray. "I saw good improvement in his pitching" What game is he watching? 3 earned, 4.2 innings and a boatload of walks. That is not improvement.
If you are going to feed us bullcrap at the press conference please come up with something believable. We aren't that stupid.

As soon as Sanchez swung-before the ball left the yard-the Twins announcer said:"There are no words."

This was a gift for the Yankees.Maybe they're destined to break their Republican WS recent jinx,not having won since Eisenhower in 1958.

Even on an off day, that offense can pop off any second and win a game. Montgomery did a good job of fighting through a rough day and the relievers did well. A starting pitching upgrade at the deadline would be the cherry on top of a great season.

Excellent win tonight.
Tough schedule ahead though. After three at L.A. Angels it's four at Houston, three vs. Cleveland, and three vs. Boston.
That's tough.
Very tough, great to start this stretch with a win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT