ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2018 New York Yankees season

So what if the Yankees did not bring in Stanton, and Drury, and kept Castro and Todd Frazier?
They would be a lot better off NO? They would also be not have 17 errors in the field.
The Mets consider Frazier their MVP, and Castro has one of highest batting averages in the league.

So what if the Yankees did not bring in Stanton, and Drury, and kept Castro and Todd Frazier?
They would be a lot better off NO? They would also be not have 17 errors in the field.
The Mets consider Frazier their MVP, and Castro has one of highest batting averages in the league.
Relax, let's see how the remaining 90% of the season goes.

How dare you say that about an all-star catcher. Been saying that.
OK.
1. He was great behind the plate--last year. Maybe he is breakout of his slump
2. He has a cannon for an arm. great.
3. Sorry, but he passes and flubs too many easy balls. I don't care how hard he worked in the off-season.
Mets fan ^^^^^^^

Now 7 innings. Shut out intact 1 infield hit. Would love him in pinstripes
Congrats, he had a great game. I'll repeat: Stats are trending downward, Age 32, not an innings eater. To me, not worth 25 million a year. We'll see how he is throughout the year, I think he'll do well for the Phillies for the most part.

Congrats, he had a great game. I'll repeat: Stats are trending downward, Age 32, not an innings eater. To me, not worth 25 million a year. We'll see how he is throughout the year, I think he'll do well for the Phillies for the most part.
Better than Sony Gray. The could have got Arrieta and stayed under the cap

Sonny gray is becoming more and more frustrating to watch each start.
Before the game Boone said there is no way he gives Gray, Romine, he tells Sanchez to call all pitches and Gray is not
to shake any off. Sanchez has complete control. Any one else notice the whole pitching staff has gone down hill since Sanchez became the catcher?

Last edited:
Before the game Boone said there is no way he gives Gray Romine, he tells Sanchez to call all pitches and Gray is not
to shake any off. Sanchez has complete control. Any one else notice the whole pitching staff has gone down hill since Sanchez became the catcher?
Forget his offensive performance. That's great. From a catching standpoint he is terrible. And he is not getting better. Needs to become a DH or first baseman.

Forget his offensive performance. That's great. From a catching standpoint he is terrible. And he is not getting better. Needs to become a DH or first baseman.
Agree, also his inability to go get the ones in the dirt, is personified when Grey is pitching, because he leads the world for
throwing in the dirt.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Looks like Montgomery is turning into our #2 starter.....not sure if good or bad. Nice and easy win today.

He's got a very strong arm and will throw out plenty of runners....except when Betances is pitching of course.
He'll get better at blocking balls in the dirt. Patience.
Now, where is this NL MVP we supposedly acquired ?

He's got a very strong arm and will throw out plenty of runners....except when Betances is pitching of course.
He'll get better at blocking balls in the dirt. Patience.
Now, where is this NL MVP we supposedly acquired ?
I thought that last year as well. That he would improve. But he hasn't. And yes he has a cannon of an arm. However he gives way too many extra bases on passed balls. He doesn't call a good game either. He shouldn't catch Gray (yes not all his fault as Gray has his own issues but why compound the problem) or Tanaka. Besides stealing bases isn't as big in the current long ball era. Since you can't count on Bird who doesn't hit much better than Romine it doesn't kill the Yankees to have a light hitting, good defense catcher behind the plate.

Red Sox sweep Angels 3 games to 0.
Sean Manaea strikes out 10 in no hitter against Red Sox. Go post your crap on your stupid Red Sux thread. Every year you people crow all April long. We'll see who's still playing in the ALCS. Lot of loudmouth fans for a team that's won 3 World Series in the last 100 years.

You think I'm worried about losing 2 games. Can't win them all. Still best record in the league. The yanks are in 3rd place 5.5 games back. Let me know when the yanks or Toronto are a game behind the Red Sox. Go Sox!

You think I'm worried about losing 2 games. Can't win them all. Still best record in the league. The yanks are in 3rd place 5.5 games back. Let me know when the yanks or Toronto are a game behind the Red Sox. Go Sox!
I'm not even a Yankees fan.
Teams go on hot streaks and cool off. Time for the Bosox to lose a few more. . .
BTW, Mookie Wilson says hello!!
mookie-wilson-mets-1986-world-series-bill-buckner-red-sox.gif

Reactions: czxqa
Mookie was a good player. I hope your team is as successful as the red sox, and based on what you said the only way for that to be the case is if your an oakland, st louis, or giants fan.

Last edited:
Where were you yesterday after Sox lost to the lowly A's? And losing 4-1 in bottom of 8th now.
The formerly known as Scarlet Nation jinx, now known as the Knight Report Jinx strikes again.
Never fails.
Holy crap the irony of this post. A Mets fan blasting a Red Sox fan a day after complaining about people who don't like positive posts. You have issues

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Holy crap the irony of this post. A Mets fan blasting a Red Sox fan a day after complaining about people who don't like positive posts. You have issues

You're not familiar with his work ?

Great stat from yesterday's game. The complete starting Yankee lineup all were under the age of 30. Hasn't happened since 1989.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
4-4 last night, he's getting hot now.

Has actual attendance been this bad in April the last few years?

The weather hasn't helped. I don't know what prior years numbers looked like, but I do know you wouldn't catch my ass at those games with recent temps. Looking better now though!!

The weather hasn't helped. I don't know what prior years numbers looked like, but I do know you wouldn't catch my ass at those games with recent temps. Looking better now though!!

I actually thought attendance looked better than it has compared to the past couple years at this time of the year, especially factoring in the weather.

I actually thought attendance looked better than it has compared to the past couple years at this time of the year, especially factoring in the weather.
Baseball attendance is way down because of weather this April.

And why is Walker playing tonight?? Strike out and an error.

Baseball attendance is way down because of weather this April.

And why is Walker playing tonight?? Strike out and an error.
He's been awful. I really wish Michael Kay would stop reminding us every game that he came into spring training late. We're a month into the season, and he's showing no signs of improvement at all.

He's been awful. I really wish Michael Kay would stop reminding us every game that he came into spring training late. We're a month into the season, and he's showing no signs of improvement at all.
Walker is worthless, he belongs back on the Mets.

Another great day at the plate for the Yanks - Judge, Sanchez, and Didi, and the first RBI for Torres.

Reactions: WhiteBus
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT