ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2019 Mets Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best thing to happen to the Mets is Cano going down. They are definitely a better team now.
Disagree. He was hitting much better when he got hurt. He also lengthened the lineup. Even in decline he is much better at the plate than Hech or Guillorme.

Probably will go 5-10 against these teams. Will need to go at least 10 over with the rest.

This is baseball, not basketball...Very difficult for even the very best team in MLB to go 10-5 against the very worst team in baseball. OK- except for Yanks/Balt lol . but in a case like this where you have very good and good teams playing- 5-10 is a crazy number. More so, when you consider the Met's starters and how they are pitching.

Reactions: Doctor Worm
This is baseball, not basketball...Very difficult for even the very best team in MLB to go 10-5 against the very worst team in baseball. OK- except for Yanks/Balt lol . but in a case like this where you have very good and good teams playing- 5-10 is a crazy number. More so, when you consider the Met's starters and how they are pitching.
Yanks love Baltimore cooking.....so much to eat down there.
:ThumbsUp

Best thing to happen to the Mets is Cano going down. They are definitely a better team now.
Cano was on fire when he got hurt, ripping doubles all over the place. But if this were a week ago, I may agree.

I miss Cano - never thought I’d say it.

But when you give up a king’s ransom and are paying him the same, sure wouldn’t mind him in there especially when my choices are Hech, Guillorme, etc.

3 teams built for playoffs- Houston/Nats/Mets . All 3 teams can throw out nasty top 3 starters...

With all due respect my Nationals can throw Scherzer, Strasburg and Corbin as a top 3. I think when Max is healthy that is right there with the other three teams (and the Dodgers as someone else posted) you listed.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Mets sign veteran reliever (and Jersey boy) Brad Brach. Donnie Hart to Syracuse. Leaves with one perfect inning. I guess he'll always cherish the memories, or should I say memory.

I like this signing. Brach in the back end is better than the slop we have now. I would have kept Hart and sent Mazza down.

I like this signing. Brach in the back end is better than the slop we have now. I would have kept Hart and sent Mazza down.
If Mets sign Panik, or bring up a different bench player, I think Mazza goes too. With a rested pen and an off day Monday, one would not think they need an eight man pen for this upcoming series. If they decide they do at some point, they have plenty of guys in Syracuse who are all pretty much equal in terms of reliability or lack thereof. Throw a dart at a copy of the Syracuse pitching roster, and hope for the best.

Reactions: cicero grimes
If Mets sign Panik, or bring up a different bench player, I think Mazza goes too. With a rested pen and an off day Monday, one would not think they need an eight man pen for this upcoming series. If they decide they do at some point, they have plenty of guys in Syracuse who are all pretty much equal in terms of reliability or lack thereof. Throw a dart at a copy of the Syracuse pitching roster, and hope for the best.
Who is Mazza?

Why don’t they just pick him up on waivers? It may cost them more money, but use the money saved from insurance from Wright, Cespedes and Lowrie.
Dunno, but from what I understand, they are pushing up against the luxury tax threshold and, like most teams, would very much like to stay under it. Insurance payments do not help in that regard.

Remaining schedule-47 games
9 against Atlanta
3 against Cleveland
3 against Los Angeles
As a public service, here is the 47 remaining games arrayed by opponent winning percentage. 29 home, 18 away:

Dodgers (.658) - 3 home
Indians (.596) - 3 home
Braves (.581) - 6 home, 3 away
Cubs (.548) - 3 home
Nationals (.535) - 3 home, 3 away
Phillies (.518) - 3 home, 3 away
Diamondbacks (.504) - 4 home
Reds (.478) - 3 away
Rockies (.456) - 3 away
Marlins (.377) - 4 home
Royals (.353) - 3 away

Yes some tough games left, but most of them are at home - including 26 of the final 38.

The "Bum" over in SF helped us out last night! Go SF/Pitt/Tex!

Also, looks like a good chance Rendon may miss at least part of our series(We will find out if AC comes back to haunt us)

Going to be a beautiful weekend with the weather, let's hope the baseball games make it even better. These 3 against the Nats are exactly what makes baseball great.

As a public service, here is the 47 remaining games arrayed by opponent winning percentage. 29 home, 18 away:

Dodgers (.658) - 3 home
Indians (.596) - 3 home
Braves (.581) - 6 home, 3 away
Cubs (.548) - 3 home
Nationals (.535) - 3 home, 3 away
Phillies (.518) - 3 home, 3 away
Diamondbacks (.504) - 4 home
Reds (.478) - 3 away
Rockies (.456) - 3 away
Marlins (.377) - 4 home
Royals (.353) - 3 away

Yes some tough games left, but most of them are at home - including 26 of the final 38.

I remember cursing all the away games early in the season but it is a wonderful thing when the home games are down the stretch. Better yet, the Met's are actually very good at home for a change.

Disclosure & observation: I have not watched a single moment of a Mets game since they started this run.

If any hardcore fans are willing to pay me to continue not watching, out of respect for the streak, I will consider the offer.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Braves lost 9-2 to the Marlins so they must not have been trying since you should be able to beat them whenever you want

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT