ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2019 Mets Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might as well hang it up if the Mets dont at least go 4-2 vs Nats and Braves next 6 games AND 4-2 vs Braves and Cubs in two weeks. Whats the point of beating up the teams they have been beating recently when they cant step up in competition vs the better teams in the league?
So, they need a .667 winning % against Nats/Braves/Cubs ???

They gotta show that they can beat the playoff teams at this point and prove that the last month is not a fluke. Otherwise, it was a fluke.

respectfully disagree. The Mets are competing with other teams just above .500. If the Mets can win four out of every seven series, and lose the others no worse than 2-1, they will be playing roughly .571 ball for the rest of the year and that should be enough to snag a wild-card spot. They need to focus on beating the other contenders for the wild card (i.e. St. Louis, Philadelphia, Milwaukee, Arizona, San Francisco, Washington.) Beating the division leaders two out of three would be nice, but is not essential. Each victory against a competitor for the wild card counts twice: as a victory for the Mets and as a defeat for the competitor.

Let's not lose sight of how much season is left. A lot. 47 games to be exact. That's FOUR college football seasons! No must games, or even must series, yet. Split the next six, then take two of three in KC, and we're well positioned for the final stretch in which 26 of 38 are at home.

Reactions: RU-05
Marcus Stroman is an excitable young man, is he not? If he pitches well he will be quite the fan favorite.

Don’t know why Stroman started the 7th inning. He was spent and done after 6. I was ok with Wilson pitching to rendon though I have no idea why lugo was up. If gsellman was ready, then maybe bring him in to pitch Rendon

Don’t know why Stroman started the 7th inning. He was spent and done after 6. I was ok with Wilson pitching to rendon though I have no idea why lugo was up. If gsellman was ready, then maybe bring him in to pitch Rendon

Wilson has struggled against first batters, I have no idea why you'd bring him in with a guy on base and Rendon at the plate.

Gsellman should not be out for 2nd inning in a row. Playing with fire! Mickey be Mickey I guess. Prove me wrong but now Gsellman done for tomorrow as well

The Toddfather!!
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT