ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022 Philadelphia Eagles Season & Post Season Game Thread

A buddy who is an Eagles fan has denied the story about fans booing Santa Claus and throwing snowballs at him at a game years ago. Ed Rendell and others were there and commented in the video below. Frank Olivo, the Santa who was pelted by Eagles fans also weighs in.

O cool the Santa snowball story from 1968.

A national favorite!

Btw they also light the empire state builing for final four and the fbs championship as well, they did it for the world cup final too.

Btw they also light the empire state builing for final four and the fbs championship as well, they did it for the world cup final too.
They also do it for New York's college team, Rutgers, on occasion.

I've been to about 7 Eagles' home games in my lifetime. At six of those games we had pretty good seats and I didn't really notice any rude or misbehaving fans.. But during one game we had tickets in the infamous 700 level (uppermost level that had a bad rep) at Veterans' Stadium (the Eagles' home until 2003.) It was definitely an eye opening experience... Non-stop vulgar cursing at opposing fans, a few guys dumping beer on and making threats to completely innocent families, some with small children, etc... No wonder they built a jail and court under the stadium for unruly fans. That upper level, which had the cheapest seats, definitely had its share of obnoxious and belligerent fans, most of whom were apparently very drunk.

Edit: This wasn't meant to criticize Eagles' fans in general.. I'm an Eagles' fan and all of the Eagles' fans that I know personally are normal and considerate fans.. I'm guessing that Eagles' games weren't the only place where the cretins who were causing the trouble behaved that way.

Last edited:
Philadelphia Eagles Football GIF by Pepsi

The Philadelphia Eagles are going to the Super Bowl.

Reactions: S_Janowski

Eagles make unexpected roster moves at last minute for Super Bowl vs. Chiefs

Unexpected only if you weren't following the team. The Siposs move to be the starting punter was expected if he was medically cleared to go in this game, his replacement for the past few weeks, Kern has sucked. Ward being elevated was expected when Covey injured his hammy in practice this week. Will likely only field punts in fair catch situations with DeVonta Smith handling duties where there could possibly be a run back. Harris is mildly surprising but a few of the Eagles beat writers thought he might get promoted to help deal with the Chiefs 3 TE sets.

Super Bowl double agent: Eagles secretly sign NFL coach to prepare for Kansas City Chiefs

The guy has been openly working with the team all year, was seen all over the Novacare complex during training camp. I think the "secret" here was that he signed an official contract, probably to keep him with them through the SB if/when he got a new job.

From this article on August 1st:
Having spent three seasons as the Denver Broncos head coach from 2019 to 2021, when it was announced in February that Vic Fangio wouldn’t return for a fourth run, an accompanying statement came straight from the source. He announced that he had no plans to coach in 2022.

Had he decided to seek new opportunities, he wouldn’t have been unemployed for long. Poll Birds fans, and you’re certain to hear a few of them tell you they’d take him as this team’s defensive coordinator in a second. That won’t happen though because, as you know, Philly has Jonathan Gannon in their wheelhouse.

That begs a question though. Most of you know where this is headed. Why is he here then? Coach Sirianni addressed that during his pre-practice presser.

We like to bring in guys. Ilike to make it very clear to the staff that we bring guys in that we trust and that we’re close to. Vic has some relationships on the staff, and it’s great to have him here . They come in. They eat, and they watch practice. And, you make them work for that a little (chuckles). You pick their brain. So, he’s here because he’s got relationships with guys, and of course we’d be foolish not to use him.

Reactions: mikebal9
Can’t let a team score 24 points in the 2H and make it all about one call by the refs. Questionable call, absolutely. The reason for the loss, no way.
As a giants fan let me say…..
D** Eagles D**

Salty sure. But satisfying end.

Former giant Toney and bradberry making the plays.

• Haha
Reactions: koleszar
Can’t let a team score 24 points in the 2H and make it all about one call by the refs. Questionable call, absolutely. The reason for the loss, no way.
Exactly. They had called 3 penalties all game up to that point. I didn’t really care who won.

No one likes the Eagles plus worst fans in history and they love that rep. , weird , low class fans and they like it that way. Oh well.
Was at a large sports bar. All sorts of fans. Mahomes gets hurt before half, a bunch of old timer Eagles fans start cheering.

They also had these damn bird whistles all game.

So glad they lost! Especially in a game they had zero business losing. Coaching matters!

Was at a large sports bar. All sorts of fans. Mahomes gets hurt before half, a bunch of old timer Eagles fans start cheering.

So glad they lost! Especially in a game they had zero business losing. Coaching matters!
Yeah they applaud injuries ….super low class Fans. The country saw it this past month those of us in jersey have seen their act many times.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Yeah they applaud injuries ….super low class Fans. The country saw it this past month those of us in jersey have seen their act many times.
Old dude. Seemed nice as we chatted a couple times. Then when KC scored he would stand up and give the double middle finger salute to everyone and yell FU.

They were 1 point favorites.

They were 1 point favorites.
They had zero business losing as the game flow went. They dominated the first half. Chiefs had 20 plays. Their O couldn’t be stopped. They handed the Chiefs 7. Then their D wilted. That’s what I mean.

Eagles dominated the game flow for much of the game.

Reactions: newell138
Great game. Fun one to watch. regardless of who you wanted to win, a SB that comes down to the final play is always good.
Question- the way the Eagles RG is always starting his move up into his blocking position before the ball is snapped, what is stopping that from being called?
His hand is usually still down and feet not moving, but he is.
Also noticed that he seems to be more of the eyes of the OL than the center.

Great game. Fun one to watch. regardless of who you wanted to win, a SB that comes down to the final play is always good.
Question- the way the Eagles RG is always starting his move up into his blocking position before the ball is snapped, what is stopping that from being called?
His hand is usually still down and feet not moving, but he is.
Also noticed that he seems to be more of the eyes of the OL than the center.
I'm not sure. It looks like he times the movement precisely, but it is definitely threading the needle. I'm guessing if it was a penalty, the other teams have been in the officials ears enough and they are aware of it and would flag it if necessary.

I'm not sure. It looks like he times the movement precisely, but it is definitely threading the needle. I'm guessing if it was a penalty, the other teams have been in the officials ears enough and they are aware of it and would flag it if necessary.
There was a play at the end of the season with the Giants that their LT did the same thing. It wasn’t called but there were a lot of people questioning why it wasn’t. Even on replay- your eyes said it was early but it was so fluid that you just couldn’t prove your eyes right. Lol
I do remember, someone remarked in a thread where they said”wait until you see the Eagles, they do it every play”
I do think you are right, it is perfectly timed but it is so strange how he still always seems just ahead of everyone else.

There was a play at the end of the season with the Giants that their LT did the same thing. It wasn’t called but there were a lot of people questioning why it wasn’t. Even on replay- your eyes said it was early but it was so fluid that you just couldn’t prove your eyes right. Lol
I do remember, someone remarked in a thread where they said”wait until you see the Eagles, they do it every play”
I do think you are right, it is perfectly timed but it is so strange how he still always seems just ahead of everyone else.
Honestly, to my non-professional eye, it looks like a penalty.

Honestly, to my non-professional eye, it looks like a penalty.
That is what I am saying. But if this guy does it every play…and non- professionals like us see it- the opposing teams and refs see it and are watching closer than we are.
Just strange how it isn’t a penalty.

That is what I am saying. But if this guy does it every play…and non- professionals like us see it- the opposing teams and refs see it and are watching closer than we are.
Just strange how it isn’t a penalty.

this was making the rounds when people where complaining about Lane Johnson's not false starts a few weeks ago. IMO, a very good breakdown.

Jesus man, we get it, you're a Giants fan.
Not really , actually KC fan . Sorry you are triggered but I’m calling out shitty behavior . That’s actually all over the news today you don’t need to look hard and I’m not making it up .

Not really , actually KC fan . Sorry you are triggered but I’m calling out shitty behavior . That’s actually all over the news today you don’t need to look hard and I’m not making it up .
Triggered? No just tired of you posting the same anti-Eagles fan tripe over and over.

We get it you are a better person than Eagles fans. Was there an incident of shitty behavior last night or are you just virtue signaling that KC fans are super heroes?

Reactions: RUDead
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT