ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone been to the Jersey Shore yet

T2K likes to hurl random insults at towns/places he has never been to because he perceives these places to be full of what he considers undesirables. What a way to go through life and miss out on great places.
Been to plenty of places long enough to see they are full of undesirables and/or are old and dumpy. The biggest issue for northern shore towns is that their beaches blow compared to southern beaches - sand quality, cleanliness, width, slope, etc. So they already have checks against them. Throw in the benny situation and it is hard to find many nice places from LBI to Sandy Hook. Gotta head south. Brigantine is okay, but the quality really is from OC to CM (minus WW).

Been to plenty of places long enough to see they are full of undesirables and/or are old and dumpy. The biggest issue for northern shore towns is that their beaches blow compared to southern beaches - sand quality, cleanliness, width, slope, etc. So they already have checks against them. Throw in the benny situation and it is hard to find many nice places from LBI to Sandy Hook. Gotta head south. Brigantine is okay, but the quality really is from OC to CM (minus WW).
I can look at the beach every morning and watch the town go end to end making sure it's sparkling clean so you're full of it. Slope? Are you sure you're not talking Hunter Mountain? And lets not forget the flies that make southern beaches near impossible to enjoy. Don't have that here.

I can look at the beach every morning and watch the town go end to end making sure it's sparkling clean so you're full of it. Slope? Are you sure you're not talking Hunter Mountain? And lets not forget the flies that make southern beaches near impossible to enjoy. Don't have that here.
Such nonsense. Enjoy the long, traffic-jammed drive down the Parkway to get to some beach that is purportedly better in his view. May as well drive to the Outer Banks or all the way to Florida.

Reactions: RUSONIC
If anyone is looking for a birthday present for T2K, may I suggest:

81241-Imperial_0.jpg

This way he can wander through "undesirable" areas (i.e. everyday life) and feel safe and loved. If there's a version that auto-inflates and auto-calls 911 upon identifying a mean teenager's voice, that would be the one to go with.

Such nonsense. Enjoy the long, traffic-jammed drive down the Parkway to get to some beach that is purportedly better in his view. May as well drive to the Outer Banks or all the way to Florida.
FYI - there is something called Google Maps. You can easily avoid the Parkway, if needed. Sure, the southern beaches are further away, but they are worth the extra time. I grew up in EB and know all the northern beach towns well. Sorry, better options in NJ.

FYI - there is something called Google Maps. You can easily avoid the Parkway, if needed. Sure, the southern beaches are further away, but they are worth the extra time. I grew up in EB and know all the northern beach towns well. Sorry, better options in NJ.
Better options for YOU, and better for us locals here in Monmouth/Northern Ocean.

T2K likes to hurl random insults at towns/places he has never been to because he perceives these places to be full of what he considers undesirables. What a way to go through life and miss out on great places.

But keeping him away probably increases property values. Look at his comments on Hoboken and Asbury. Real estate agents should pay him to bad mouth their territory.

If anyone is looking for a birthday present for T2K, may I suggest:

81241-Imperial_0.jpg

This way he can wander through "undesirable" areas (i.e. everyday life) and feel safe and loved. If there's a version that auto-inflates and auto-calls 911 upon identifying a mean teenager's voice, that would be the one to go with.

But where else would we get gems like "Hoboken is covered with broken glass" and "it's unsafe outside Stuff Yer Face"

I forget where his envisioned beach house is...the one he's buying some day when the time is right.

I'm sure it's much nicer and in a much better town than mine.

He sure does like to denigrate things.

Denigrate things to make himself feel better about his own choices - like driving an extra 2 hours to get eaten by flies on the beach or celebrating a strip mall pass-through of a town like it's the greatest place in the world.

Reactions: Jm0513
I forget where his envisioned beach house is...the one he's buying some day when the time is right.

I'm sure it's much nicer and in a much better town than mine.

He sure does like to denigrate things.

I guess the nickel a comment to talk absent mindedly about a state and university the board is here to support is worth it for him.

Lovely day by the ocean besides the teenagers. I need a new spot.
Long Branch is 1hr away, but I’m willing to go further to avoid these kids.
Today could be due to prom weekend.
The beach was also free today… not sure why.

Avon, Belmar (north of 10th Ave), Sea Girt, or Spring Lake would be good choices.

Where are you coming from to get to Long Branch? Many great Monmouth County beaches.

Beaches are free during the week for another week or so until they can get enough lifeguards (in many towns). Still have to pay on weekends.

Ever go to Seven Presidents area at the north end of Long Branch?
Yes, years ago.
My weekend getaways are Point Pleasant because TBH it doesn’t cost me anything, I’m alone, the house is 3 from the beach and the dog comes with me.
Day trips I like to explore. I’m going to go to Spring Lake next time and eat some scones. Teenagers are great, but I almost got hit in the head four times today by a girl who couldn’t catch a football.
Oh Geeze…is this a get off my lawn post?

Yes, years ago.
My weekend getaways are Point Pleasant because TBH it doesn’t cost me anything, I’m alone, the house is 3 from the beach and the dog comes with me.
Day trips I like to explore. I’m going to go to Spring Lake next time and eat some scones. Teenagers are great, but I almost got hit in the head four times today by a girl who couldn’t catch a football.
So leave the teenaged girl and take the scones? Many men might make a different choice.😁

• Haha
Yes, years ago.
I spent my high school years in Point Beach. Many of my classmates still live there. @knightfan7 can talk you into Manasquan and takes his advice. A beautiful, quiet beach town. Bring the dog if you have one as the county has a dog beach on the river.

I spent my high school years in Point Beach. Many of my classmates still live there. @knightfan7 can talk you into Manasquan and takes his advice. A beautiful, quiet beach town. Bring the dog if you have one as the county has a dog beach on the river.
I don't know about other towns but from what I understand rents here are crazy expensive. The other issue is parking. If you don't have off street it's a royal pain.

As you said it has Dog Beach by the inlet and other than Main and Brielle Rd beaches it isn't really crowded the majority of the time. You also don't want to rent between Main and Brielle if you're looking for a quiet spot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT