ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone been to the Jersey Shore yet

I think people don't realize in the spring there can be a 10 degree or more difference in temp within a mile of the water depending on wind direction. NE to South and it can be a lot cooler. One day last week when I left the house it was 59, I went into town and it was 72.
They showed that on TV the other day when talking about this most recent spell of hot weather…one little strip from the beach in as far as maybe 71…not so much.

I think people don't realize in the spring there can be a 10 degree or more difference in temp within a mile of the water depending on wind direction. NE to South and it can be a lot cooler. One day last week when I left the house it was 59, I went into town and it was 72.
A mile? Sometimes it’s 20 yards. Last week the temps dropped 15 degrees the minute you stepped off the street and onto the beach

A mile? Sometimes it’s 20 yards. Last week the temps dropped 15 degrees the minute you stepped off the street and onto the beach
A few years ago, we went to Point P in May for rides. It was 71 or 72 on 35 and the bridge, but 54 by the time we parked in front of Jenks (and probably colder on the boardwalk). We all had to buy sweatshirts or jackets it was so damn cold.

Didn't want to start a new thread. Beware, the bennies have arrived:

That’s trash not bennies. Lol
I was on a train to Red Bank yesterday.(long story)
Anyhoo.. It was like a rowdy nightclub. They came in from Rahway or Elizabeth. I was so happy to get off before them.

Hot tub??
Hot tub no more....
OIP.fO0g-f4eLUC4BXc8JS9OnwAAAA

I do have a nice private deck on the roof though so my tan game will be reaching new heights and new places never before seen. It will have to replace the hot tub for the evening meditation sessions.

• Haha
Reactions: Jm0513 and BossNJ
Both of my daughters moved out and bought their own places so we downsized. The guy across the street from me made an offer that we couldn't refuse and at the same time found a place we love. 3 decks and unobstructed views of the wetlands. View from the deck

529086_14_1.jpg

529086_15_1.jpg
So what you're saying is you went from a 6,000 sq ft home to a 5,000 sq ft? 😊

You concerned about bugs?
I'm sure it will be a problem occasionally but from what everyone tells me that lives on the block, there is almost always a breeze so it keeps them at bay and since we are higher up they are less of a problem. Sunsets and bird watching have been really nice. Lots of ospreys and their catch of the day on the old telephone poles. Believe it or not that line of trees used to be a railroad that ran from Philly and the whole length of the island back in the day.

I'm sure it will be a problem occasionally but from what everyone tells me that lives on the block, there is almost always a breeze so it keeps them at bay and since we are higher up they are less of a problem. Sunsets and bird watching have been really nice. Lots of ospreys and their catch of the day on the old telephone poles. Believe it or not that line of trees used to be a railroad that ran from Philly and the whole length of the island back in the day.
Is the ocean behind you?

Saturday 96 in Philadelphia. Never hit 80 in Ocean City.

Both of my daughters moved out and bought their own places so we downsized. The guy across the street from me made an offer that we couldn't refuse and at the same time found a place we love. 3 decks and unobstructed views of the wetlands. View from the deck

529086_14_1.jpg

529086_15_1.jpg
So off the beach, bay side, on the south part of the island? :)

Reactions: newell138
Lol, those are the BENNY’s

Reactions: Jm0513
Pop up party part 2 planned for Long Branch on June 19th. I love this comment from the mayor below, good luck trying to stop people from getting off the train as well as trying to shut down free speech.

"We have made contact with NJ Transit and will continue to do so to find a solution that does not call for letting thousands of people off a train at once, swelling our city to capacity limits."

"We are looking into legal action against social media platforms such as TikTok and Instagram that allow users to share these posts about the event," he added. "Lastly, we have contacted Governor Murphy's office and have asked for his help. This issue affects the entire Jersey Shore and we need his assistance to stop it."

The great parking space hunt was in full force when I got home yesterday morning. My last weekend of quiet till September.
Where everything used to take me 5 mins now takes 20. Working down here in the summer sucks. I get quite annoyed at the driving circus display which unfolds right in front of my eyes.

You learn quickly just how many idiots there are in this world. And wonder how they survived this long.

Where everything used to take me 5 mins now takes 20. Working down here in the summer sucks. I get quite annoyed at the driving circus display which unfolds right in front of my eyes.

You learn quickly just how many idiots there are in this world. And wonder how they survived this long.
What gets me concerned is the way they speed around side streets with all the kids playing, bike riders, and those that had a few too many.

When I was working and getting back in town 1am - 2am, I'd go about 15mph once I crossed the bridge because you never knew when someone would just walk into the street without thinking to look.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT