ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone been to the Jersey Shore yet

I don't drink but my guys like to have a beer with lunch so I oblige their request. Me I like to sample some of the finer cuisine at some of our local watering holes. So while they're getting burgers, I'll have the filet mignon steak please.

Reactions: koleszar
Ok no. The bar I'm thinking of is further south on 71.
You don't mean the ancient Jimmy Byrnes Sea Girt Inn do you? That place was a classic ROAD HOUSE.. for the Jersey Shore that is.. not like the movie from hicksylvania.

Last edited:
You don't mean the ancient Jimmy Byrnes Sea Girt Inn do you? That place was a classic ROAD HOUSE
I heard the the floor would bounce.

Well after it closed the town still made me buy a Sea Girt Resident Parking permit when I lived with my Parents whose address is right down the street from the place. Apparently back in the day the parking was a zoo.

And FYI...

the management has said The Parker House will return for 2021.

@NotInRHouse will be happy. 🙂

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarlet1984
I heard the the floor would bounce.

Well after it closed the town still made be buy a Sea Girt Resident Parking permit when I was lived with my Parents whose address is right down the street from the place. Apparently back in the day the parking was a zoo.
very true. wasn't a regular by any means.. the seaside heights bars and clubs were a lot closer. And then Belmar area in the 80s. But it was a pretty cool experience. So many different rooms with their own flair.. maybe think Parker House times 3... maybe Art Stocks out on 9 was similar structurally.

That's where the invasion comes from. They are not smart enough to perform a flanking maneuver :)
Also, Sea Girt has so many rules (known as the “no fun beach”) many either don’t come back or just go somewhere else to begin with.

Last edited:
Reactions: T2Kplus20
Also, Sea Girt has so many “rules” (known as the “no fun beach”) many either don’t come back or just go somewhere else to begin with.
Belmar was packed yesterday close to the beach and the Spring Lake border. Seafood festival yesterday and today on Main Street looked mobbed. Passed.

Yeah. I haven't willingly gone to Wildwood in years. I stick to AC, Sea Isle, or Somers Point where all the bars are just before the bridge to OCNJ.
You need to go to North Wildwood. Surfing Pig. Bar and BBQ on the bay at the end of 10th.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Belmar Seafood festival. Lobster nachos or lobster roll $28. Seafood platter $40. Served on a paper plate in 95 degree heat. Better deals inside air conditioned restaurants.

• Wow
Reactions: bac2therac
That too. Just plain awful. Everyone should avoid at all costs
You know the flies are at all the beaches when the wind comes from the west. It’s not a LBI thing LOL. LBI is not a great weekend beach town, which means it’s a great beach town to own.

You know the flies are at all the beaches when the wind comes from the west. It’s not a LBI thing LOL. LBI is not a great weekend beach town, which means it’s a great beach town to own.
Green heads are much more prevalent from LBI and South. Think it has to due with marsh areas down there. Don't remember ever getting bit by them in Lavallette.

Green heads are much more prevalent from LBI and South. Think it has to due with marsh areas down there. Don't remember ever getting bit by them in Lavallette.
Sorry, I recall several fly incidents in Lavallette. It’s traumatizing. They break skin. My kids always ask which way is the wind blowing before heading out to the beach after the 1st time they experienced flies on the beach.

It was a pop up party advertised on Tik Tok. Then they dispersed down to the 7-11 on Ocean Ave in Belmar. Happened last year too in Pier Village.
Still, I found it odd that they didn’t say that part on the local news.

Maybe they updated the story later and I missed it.🤷‍♂️

Sorry, I recall several fly incidents in Lavallette. It’s traumatizing. They break skin. * My kids always ask which way is the wind blowing before heading out to the beach after the 1st time they experienced flies on the beach.
They are as far north as Spring Lake. My legs can attest to that.

* “The flags are your friends…”

Sorry, I recall several fly incidents in Lavallette. It’s traumatizing. They break skin. My kids always ask which way is the wind blowing before heading out to the beach after the 1st time they experienced flies on the beach.
Never got bit by a green head in Lavallette. And I grew up there. Other flies certainly but my first experience with green heads was in Sea Isle. They are a horse fly and you would have a welt for over a week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT