ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Congrats Providence NCAA Hockey champions

RUtix4me

All American
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2015
A Ton of third period pressure to come back from 3-2 deficit and win 4-3. But OMG, the poor BU goalie with about 8min left goes to catch a floater wide of the net, gloves it only to throw/drop it into his own net! Tie game, 2min later Prov wins it

Congrats to Providence, hopefull that kid gets over it...but I guess that is sport.

Only thing worse was announcer congratulating "Boston...I mean Providence" as he handed them the trophy.

Rough couple of games for the BU goalie. Gave up 2 of the worst goals I've seen in the last 2 games.

This was again a fantastic FROZEN FOUR to cap off a great college hockey season. Exciting to see the Friars get the win!

Eastern hockey, between ECAC and Hockey East, dominates the story. Last four champs and seven of the past eight come from these two conferences.

College is the only place where they play close to real hockey.

No BS goalie area where they can't play the puck. No overtime loss participation points. It was great to watch all of the games and to get to enjoy real hockey.

I feel awful for the BU goalie granted I can't stand BU. I almost started rooting for them just to lift that weight off of the kids shoulders, that was about the roughest play I think I've ever seen in hockey. Somehow ESPN was able to put a "lowlights" video together to show him letting in similar goals throughout the season. Feel bad for him.

Originally posted by WGLTAUD:
College is the only place where they play close to real hockey.

No BS goalie area where they can't play the puck. No overtime loss participation points. It was great to watch all of the games and to get to enjoy real hockey.

I feel awful for the BU goalie granted I can't stand BU. I almost started rooting for them just to lift that weight off of the kids shoulders, that was about the roughest play I think I've ever seen in hockey. Somehow ESPN was able to put a "lowlights" video together to show him letting in similar goals throughout the season. Feel bad for him.
Very exciting game - obviously felt horrible for the BU goalie, but at least the winning goal was a cracking good one, off the faceoff, where the Providence guy made a gorgeous little run with puck from the circle to the slot and fired a gorgeous wrister, top shelf.

Completely agree on the BS goalie area in the NHL. Not sure there's any rule I hate more than that stupid rule that the goalie can't handle the puck in those areas behind the net.

What a disaster. BU won the Beanpot on that ice, They won Hockey East on that ice, and they should have easily beaten Providence on that ice. That goal surely didn't help, but they should have been leading like 5-2 at that point if they had their cr*p together.

Originally posted by RUbytheshore:
That was the NCAA rep who screwed up the trophy presentation... "You had one job, sir."
And the guy who wrote the article criticizing him doesn't know what the word "notoriety" means. It never fails.

Tremendous run by providence. Truly a Cinderella winning a national title. BU wins that game 4 times out of 5.

The Providence program was a disaster when Nate Leaman arrived there from Union 4 seasons back. He had built Union into a national presence (champs last year, Frozen Four in 2012) and now has done it with the Friars.

Originally posted by RM60:
The Providence program was a disaster when Nate Leaman arrived there from Union 4 seasons back. He had built Union into a national presence (champs last year, Frozen Four in 2012) and now has done it with the Friars.

It's nice to see Providence have a revival, along with Umass Lowell as well. The more teams that can beat up on Notre Dame and BC week after week the better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT