ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Disney World

I think the Halloween Party costs $150 per person.
It varies a bit. We are going to WDW again in December just before Christmas. Our daughter's school starts winter break on Friday 12/15, so we are going for 5 nights before the holiday crowd gets insane. Just bought tickets for the Magic Kingdom Christmas Party - $199 per person. Yikes! LOL.

It varies a bit. We are going to WDW again in December just before Christmas. Our daughter's school starts winter break on Friday 12/15, so we are going for 5 nights before the holiday crowd gets insane. Just bought tickets for the Magic Kingdom Christmas Party - $199 per person. Yikes! LOL.
We're going to the MNSSHP on August 22. Paid $99 per ticket with my DVC discount. The parties are lots of fun. Lower crowds trick or treating and special characters. Definitely worth it in my opinion. Kids have alot of fun. Lots of people in costumes and the park looks really cool!

We are going the end of August with my daughter and granddaughter and then at the end of January just me and my wife.

I am staying at Bay Lake in August and Saratoga Springs in January.

We do not plan on any parks in January just Disney Springs and maybe golf.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
We're going to the MNSSHP on August 22. Paid $99 per ticket with my DVC discount. The parties are lots of fun. Lower crowds trick or treating and special characters. Definitely worth it in my opinion. Kids have alot of fun. Lots of people in costumes and the park looks really cool!
Both parties are wonderful. Prefer the Halloween one a little more, but the Christmas one is still a great experience.

We have our first contract for DVC at Saratoga. We are using some of those points for our Bay Lake stay. Our August trip we will visit Riviera and Copper Creek and take a look at the new Polynesian Tower to decide if I want to buy direct points.

We will also take a look at Boardwalk to see if we might want resale points there instead. The 2042 date is fine with me but since I put my daughter on the deed, she might want to buy at a resort going out past that.

We have our first contract for DVC at Saratoga. We are using some of those points for our Bay Lake stay. Our August trip we will visit Riviera and Copper Creek and take a look at the new Polynesian Tower to decide if I want to buy direct points.

We will also take a look at Boardwalk to see if we might want resale points there instead. The 2042 date is fine with me but since I put my daughter on the deed, she might want to buy at a resort going out past that.
We own at Copper Creek. It's a fabulous place. Close enough to the MK but feels like you're miles away. Great dining and recreational options. Geyser Point is a great place for a drink and casual meal. One of my favorites.

We own at Copper Creek. It's a fabulous place. Close enough to the MK but feels like you're miles away. Great dining and recreational options. Geyser Point is a great place for a drink and casual meal. One of my favorites.
Yes I also think my wife would love it.
Since we will be traveling at the middle/end of August and January I believe our Saratoga points can get us reservations there most of the time.

Now that certain resorts are restricted I need to decide if stays at the new resorts make buying direct points are important for us.

Boardwalk seems that I need to book at 11 months so that would be the only reason to buy there.

Wilderness Lodge and Villas is a great resort (and just a boat ride to the MK). We stayed there twice prior to the little one (original villa section).

We are going the end of August with my daughter and granddaughter and then at the end of January just me and my wife.

I am staying at Bay Lake in August and Saratoga Springs in January.

We do not plan on any parks in January just Disney Springs and maybe golf.
If you are a foodie, check out Victoria and Albert's at the GF for a super fancy dining experience with the wife. Also, if you are okay with one day in a park, check out the World Showcase at Epcot. Tons of food, drinks, and shopping. They also have a bunch of shows on the nations and their cultures. Great Disney experience for adults.

If you are a foodie, check out Victoria and Albert's at the GF for a super fancy dining experience with the wife. Also, if you are okay with one day in a park, check out the World Showcase at Epcot. Tons of food, drinks, and shopping. They also have a bunch of shows on the nations and their cultures. Great Disney experience for adults.
I am a foodie but my wife has a chronic illness which makes it difficult for her to eat.

It would be a waste taking her.

This trip we booked character meals at Hollywood and Vine, Chef Mickey, Cinderellas Royal Table, Be our guest and Tusker House

We have other reservations and figure we will do some quick service or cook in the room.

The closest hotel to the Studios would be Swan or Dolphin and then the Boardwalk there is a walking path from those hotels to the Studios if you wanted to hoof it for rope drop otherwise there is boat service to there from those hotels.
My sister swore by the yacht club

I think the Halloween Party costs $150 per person.
a day pass is about the same... of course there are discounted packages... but even at $150 many think the party is a good deal.. they have snacks, treats, extended hours, special fireworks and shows, shorter lines... can do more in less time.

A 4-day, 4-park ticket is 99 a day.. a 1-10 day ticket is 109 to 189 depending on dates.. so, doing a $150 party ticket is competitive, imho.

Wilderness Lodge and Villas is a great resort (and just a boat ride to the MK). We stayed there twice prior to the little one (original villa section).
I just wish they brought back the boats to the campground from wilderness lodge... taking a bus over there to go visit the stables or chow down at teh hoop-de-do review is a bit much.

For Holywood Studios... anywhere you can get the Skyliner is a good move.. Beach Club, Riviera, even Boardwalk walk to Epcot Skyliner station.. and of course the "value" resort Art and Animation is convenient to Skyliner and kids love that place. And you can catch a boat to Epcot from Swan-Dolphin (and boat goes to Holywood Studios as well).. lots of options.

d7rghzd8b1421.jpg

Returned on Thursday night from a "bonus" 5-day trip to WDW. My daughter's school had off last week (as well as the Christmas week). Sat thru Tues were crowded, but nowhere close to peak holiday crowds. It was better than our expectations. However, the s started to hit the fan on Wednesday, so getting out of Dodge was the right plan.

Christmas Party on Tuesday night was a blast. Stayed at Bay Lake Tower, so walking back and forth from the MK was a breeze. Great days in Epcot and Hollywood Studios thanks to Genie+ and ride reservations. Both parks aren't really functional without the service.

This is a great time to visit WDW as long as you don't get too close to Christmas!

Returned on Thursday night from a "bonus" 5-day trip to WDW. My daughter's school had off last week (as well as the Christmas week). Sat thru Tues were crowded, but nowhere close to peak holiday crowds. It was better than our expectations. However, the s started to hit the fan on Wednesday, so getting out of Dodge was the right plan.

Christmas Party on Tuesday night was a blast. Stayed at Bay Lake Tower, so walking back and forth from the MK was a breeze. Great days in Epcot and Hollywood Studios thanks to Genie+ and ride reservations. Both parks aren't really functional without the service.

This is a great time to visit WDW as long as you don't get too close to Christmas!
Booked for return August 2024 WDW…then off to Hawaii if all is well…🙏😜

Hawaii is our upcoming spring break trip! Finally getting there with the little one.
If you have never been there it is beautiful . Somewhat more active / crowded ( Oahu) but just look at the world . We are trying to get back for our 19th- 20 th trips before we are gone. I always tell people get out and see the beauty . We have vacationed multiple time on all the islands and if you enjoy beaches , water and normally exceptional weather there are few that compare. Long flight from NJ 11 1/2 hours 5500 miles. Fishing, boating , surfing and food. Hope you get there many times. I compare these islands to the 11 we have visited in the Caribbean as well as Mexico and Baja California. Once you come to Hawaii most will likely return at some time or so the saying goes.

If you have never been there it is beautiful . Somewhat more active / crowded ( Oahu) but just look at the world . We are trying to get back for our 19th- 20 th trips before we are gone. I always tell people get out and see the beauty . We have vacationed multiple time on all the islands and if you enjoy beaches , water and normally exceptional weather there are few that compare. Long flight from NJ 11 1/2 hours 5500 miles. Fishing, boating , surfing and food. Hope you get there many times. I compare these islands to the 11 we have visited in the Caribbean as well as Mexico and Baja California. Once you come to Hawaii most will likely return at some time or so the saying goes.
I was in Hawaii twice, but only as a young child. Don't remember much! Been wanting to get there for a bunch of years, but COVID delayed this trip and a few others. So, it will be a new experience for the family.

This will be totally a splurge trip. We are doing 8 nights/9 days on Oahu. We thought about a second island, but there is so much to do on Oahu for first-timers and we don't want to run around like crazy. We need time to chill, relax, and just be there. We will be at the Four Seasons Ko Olina next to Disney's Aulani Resort. Likely 2 private charters for the leeward and windward sides of the island. Definitely a luau and skygazing. Plenty of hikes, beaches, Pearl Harbor, and the north short (gotta see the pipeline)! Few other things on our list, but always open to suggestions.

Reactions: Leonard23
I was in Hawaii twice, but only as a young child. Don't remember much! Been wanting to get there for a bunch of years, but COVID delayed this trip and a few others. So, it will be a new experience for the family.

This will be totally a splurge trip. We are doing 8 nights/9 days on Oahu. We thought about a second island, but there is so much to do on Oahu for first-timers and we don't want to run around like crazy. We need time to chill, relax, and just be there. We will be at the Four Seasons Ko Olina next to Disney's Aulani Resort. Likely 2 private charters for the leeward and windward sides of the island. Definitely a luau and skygazing. Plenty of hikes, beaches, Pearl Harbor, and the north short (gotta see the pipeline)! Few other things on our list, but always open to suggestions.
The wife and I have been to Hawaii twice- lucky for us- both times were part of a Presidents Club Trip. Even better- that the trip was for Mortgage Reps at Washington Mutual(WAMU) before the bottom fell out. lol
Please- completely paid for except for the one free day off, but even that- she was allowed to put everything into an expense report.
The first year was Kona- Waikoloa Resort...So unique to play golf with all the black lava- Second year was Maui Grand Wailea Resort-
Both times- flew business class direct no stops.
No way in hell I would want to be paying what these trips cost now. But Hawaii is a bucket list trip for anyone.

The flight is so long that it's best to book a direct flight (and Polaris) if you can $wing it.

Already booked! United 767 Polaris direct flight to HNL. Haven't flown coach in 15+ years. Too tall. :)
When our son travels- he just always looks for the Aisle in an exit row or the bulkhead and never has an issue.

Already booked! United 767 Polaris direct flight to HNL. Haven't flown coach in 15+ years. Too tall. :)
That’s the one …in fact back in May 2023 we had the final direct flight Newark to Honolulu as the fleet was being refurbished in China… United Airline’s directs restarted back I think in August . Loved the larger seating, eating trays / screens … we first were booking Honolulu with family in spring 2024 but said better do WDW first with granddaughter who keeps us young. We were in Business Class very comfortable and much cheaper . The future flight to WDW round trip ran us 5x25 k economy class. Enough left for a RT back to Hawaii.👏😊

The flight is so long that it's best to book a direct flight (and Polaris) if you can $wing it.
It's funny- her company used to allow those from the East coast two options- let's say it is a 4 day PC - if from the east coast- you could fly direct and check in a day early and leave a day late. Or- fly into SF, spend the night before and the night after there.
Wish we did SF one of the trips but 2 extra days in Hawaii and less airports- just always won us over. They also gave $400 each day spending money for those extra days too- regardless of staying in Hawaii or the stop over in SF.

Reactions: Leonard23
It's funny- her company used to allow those from the East coast two options- let's say it is a 4 day PC - if from the east coast- you could fly direct and check in a day early and leave a day late. Or- fly into SF, spend the night before and the night after there.
Wish we did SF one of the trips but 2 extra days in Hawaii and less airports- just always won us over. They also gave $400 each day spending money for those extra days too- regardless of staying in Hawaii or the stop over in SF.
Always book direct leaving Newark around 8:15: to 9:15 all based upon weather , flight crew availability , and any variety of issues. Most people are so happy to go they don’t worry about it … by 1:15-2:15 pm Hawaii time you’ll enjoy some great scenery and water fun. Too many connection problems caused us back in 2010-12 to say nope “ direct flight only . Coming back leaving on UA flight 363 or 362 can’t recall which is which. Last 4 times we don’t sleep more than a few catnaps . Get in around 6:30am -7:30 am . Limo driver picks us up and home by 9:00am. Well worth the 2-4 days jet lag.😜

Reactions: yesrutgers01
When our son travels- he just always looks for the Aisle in an exit row or the bulkhead and never has an issue.
I did that for a while, but once my old company approved me flying business class due to my height, it was hard to ever look back (and the wife is happier with extra room as well).

Reactions: yesrutgers01
That’s the one …in fact back in May 2023 we had the final direct flight Newark to Honolulu as the fleet was being refurbished in China… United Airline’s directs restarted back I think in August . Loved the larger seating, eating trays / screens … we first were booking Honolulu with family in spring 2024 but said better do WDW first with granddaughter who keeps us young. We were in Business Class very comfortable and much cheaper . The future flight to WDW round trip ran us 5x25 k economy class. Enough left for a RT back to Hawaii.👏😊
+1
United first class from EWR to MCO is pretty reasonable, if you book early. We were in a 757-200 on the way back which has the older Polaris pods. Tons of room!

Reactions: RUBOB72
I think that’s the biggest perk as a premier 1k member. They let you pick the exit row seats.
I had really good Premier status with United for a while, but 7-8 years ago, business travel for marketing/market research really started to decline for several reasons. My United status is long gone now!

Reactions: RUBOB72
I had really good Premier status with United for a while, but 7-8 years ago, business travel for marketing/market research really started to decline for several reasons. My United status is long gone now!
I don’t really fly that often. But have 3 trips to Europe every year thats enough for status.

One other fun fact about our trip - 4 full days plus half of the 16th (day we arrived).....we walked a total of 51 miles. Just shy of 2 marathons! LOL.

The problem with Disney is your wife makes you go over and over. We did it and I thought ok well we did that. Check it off the list. Then we went again the next year. I thought we’ll these is noway we’re going again. Yesterday all the women were talking about the 2024 trip. It’s like a mind virus. I don’t get it. It’s the same trip. I just have no power over the influence of her sisters and the aunts. And the cost is the insane. They play it off like it’s for families but charge you 6 dollars for a 20oz bottle or coke.

The problem with Disney is your wife makes you go over and over. We did it and I thought ok well we did that. Check it off the list. Then we went again the next year. I thought we’ll these is noway we’re going again. Yesterday all the women were talking about the 2024 trip. It’s like a mind virus. I don’t get it.

Disney is overwhelmingly a girl thing - overwhelmingly.
Never in my life have I known a guy who wanted Disney for himself.

Mickey goes to public domain on Jan 1.
Wonder if there will be a sudden infestation

https://variety.com/2023/biz/news/mickey-mouse-public-domain-disney-copyright-lawsuits-1235844322/

https://variety.com/2023/biz/news/mickey-mouse-public-domain-disney-copyright-lawsuits-1235844322/
I cry at it’s a small world.
Love Tom Sawyers Island.
Loved splash mountain with zippa-de-do-da and Pirates of the Caribbean
Thunder Mountain great also… never got old to me until it lost the charm of being beautiful, impeccably clean and well run

How stupid a comment…. how sexist a statement …I’ve been to WDW 6 times since 1980 with my wife , sons and granddaughter and though it has its girlie aspect never thought it anything but a time to be with my family. You must have been abused as a child… Or never were taken to WDW . Funny how this thread has many , many virile males posting about Disney World. Expensive sure… large crowds absolutely and tiresome . You should try it … oh and you would call most of the guys who go with family too girlie… some maybe? Most no.

I cry at it’s a small world.
Love Tom Sawyers Island.
Loved splash mountain with zippa-de-do-da and Pirates of the Caribbean
Thunder Mountain great also… never got old to me until it lost the charm of being beautiful, impeccably clean and well run
Hey Zap are you too girlie? 😜

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT