ADVERTISEMENT

OT: First US death due to Coronavirus

Amen brother, while Dems accuse Trump of not doing enough, what was Pelosi's first order of business in the House last week? Banning flavored tobacco. The petty hypocrisy of the Left politicizing this event because they hate Trump so much, so typical.

So, you failed elementary school civic / social studies? What is the Legislative Branch supposed to do other than provice more funding? The CDC is part of the Executive Branch.

stick your head in the sand always work. The people that blame the media are funny. They all criticize Chinese media for under reporting and US media for overhyping.
Well- when trump sought to put travel restrictions in place with China, wasn't he called a racist by certain left leaning media outlets? You have to admit our media is a shit show now.

Comparing the flu to the coronavirus in terms of total cases and deaths is not a great comparison since the coronavirus is so new.

People are trying to downplay coronavirus by saying “well the flu kills much more”, which is extremely dumb.
You obviously didn't even read or understand my post. My post didn't downplay the risk of COVID-19 at all - in fact it was quite the opposite, talking about how it could be worse than the flu, if we don't reduce transmission rates, given the greater mortality rate. There's nothing inherently wrong, though, with comparing the two or in sharing what is currently known about the coronavirus mortality rates to date.

Amen brother, while Dems accuse Trump of not doing enough, what was Pelosi's first order of business in the House last week? Banning flavored tobacco. The petty hypocrisy of the Left politicizing this event because they hate Trump so much, so typical.

If you look at the record, you'll find that Republicans (prominently Trump) argued in 2015 that the Obama administration was not doing nearly enough to combat Ebola virus. If it was fair for them to do that, then it's OK for Democrats to make the same charge about Trump and this virus. It wasn't "rooting for the virus" for Trump to criticize the Democrats, and it's equally not "rooting for the virus" for the Democrats to do the same thing now.

There’s 6 dead in Seattle area but there were about 26 infested in a nursing home. I would assume most of them will die considering most had other ailments and over 70.

If you look at the record, you'll find that Republicans (prominently Trump) argued in 2015 that the Obama administration was not doing nearly enough to combat Ebola virus. If it was fair for them to do that, then it's OK for Democrats to make the same charge about Trump and this virus. It wasn't "rooting for the virus" for Trump to criticize the Democrats, and it's equally not "rooting for the virus" for the Democrats to do the same thing now.
So true.

I just got back from Wal-Mart.
My register bill was an eerie $19.18.
:Shocked I'm watching HBOs The Outsider and a character just spoke of 1918 and 50 mil. dying..and then I come on here and see your post. What are the odds?!

Reactions: RutHut
Well- when trump sought to put travel restrictions in place with China, wasn't he called a racist by certain left leaning media outlets? You have to admit our media is a shit show now.
Can you provide examples? I don't recall that. Are you thinking about the Middle East travel restriction or religion based travel restriction? Closed the border with Mexico?

There’s 6 dead in Seattle area but there were about 26 infested in a nursing home. I would assume most of them will die considering most had other ailments and over 70.
When will the wrongful death lawsuits start?

Went I saw the number of issues in China and then Iran I figured no better exposure of their working together than that.

There's just a ton if over hyped reactions in this thread like when an RU player gets in trouble or all the other insights.
Its laughable. Some of you should go work for the networks...

AT&T has suspended all international travel and severely restricted national travel.

Just a point on how it might effect the economy.

There's a thing called conference calls and working remotely. Been working for years and my company severlyvtlrestricted travel and meetings 5 years past just to save the cost. There us always a way. No big deal,

I don't recall any republicans or the media calling the Ebola thing the "Obola Virus" like they did calking thusctge Trump Virus.

But whatever. If I were him is Is Id take the extra 4 to 5 billion they want to give him to fight it and fund more wall as part of the strategy to kept it from coming up from the south lol.

In general, our whole government and political structure has gone to hell. Period. We suck.

Reactions: bac2therac
There's a thing called conference calls and working remotely. Been working for years and my company severlyvtlrestricted travel and meetings 5 years past just to save the cost. There us always a way. No big deal,
Corporate travel for the normal employee should not have much impact to business- just as easy to have conference calls at this point. But for Sales, M&A, Technical Staff, travel restriction is a major issue.

I don't recall any republicans or the media calling the Ebola thing the "Obola Virus" like they did calking thusctge Trump Virus.

But whatever. If I were him is Is Id take the extra 4 to 5 billion they want to give him to fight it and fund more wall as part of the strategy to kept it from coming up from the south lol.

In general, our whole government and political structure has gone to hell. Period. We suck.

As for your first paragraph, you can look it up yourself. It's not very hard to find.

I hope that Trump does what you suggest: that he takes money appropriated to fight the virus and uses it on the wall to stop a nonexistent threat from Mexico. It would guarantee a firestorm that would surely defeat Trump in November.

Show your work. What the administration did on travel restrictions was correct and I don't recall media outlets calling Trump or the administration racist for this action. They've called him misinformed and misleading a number of times with regard to his inaccurate statements on the virus going away in the spring (could be, but not known yet), calling the media attention a hoax (we need media attention so people know the risks and what to do to reduce transmission rates), and just today saying we'd have a vaccine deployed in 3-4 months when it will take 12+ months (and he was corrected on this at the press conference), but those descriptions are well-deserved.

Corporate travel for the normal employee should not have much impact to business- just as easy to have conference calls at this point. But for Sales, M&A, Technical Staff, travel restriction is a major issue.
Having been in the tech sector, overseeing far flung manufacturing supply chains while working to commercialize new medications, inability to travel will cause major problems, as there have been countless times in the past where my teams being on the ground at various vendors was critical to troubleshooting/resolving key manufacturing process issues. This is much harder to do remotely.

Half the infected people in the nursing home were staff so yeah no.

There is a thing called conference calls? Wow need to read up on that.

Certain things cannot be done remotely. Need actual hands on equipment, technical training etc. You are correct about web meetings being the norm for most sales / customer meetings but some times you need to be face to face.

I was in sales for 35 years. 95% of that is within driving distance. There are few leaders who would need to do so and they would all be protected. Same with the tech folks and M & A folks. As % if staff and travel they would be minimal.

Having been in the tech sector, overseeing far flung manufacturing supply chains while working to commercialize new medications, inability to travel will cause major problems, as there have been countless times in the past where my teams being on the ground at various vendors was critical to troubleshooting/resolving key manufacturing process issues. This is much harder to do remotely.
No question, and I say that having worked in PRD tech. transfer before. That said, I agree with the comment that a good portion of business travel probably doesn't require collocation to the same degree.

Reactions: RU848789
As for your first paragraph, you can look it up yourself. It's not very hard to find.

I hope that Trump does what you suggest: that he takes money appropriated to fight the virus and uses it on the wall to stop a nonexistent threat from Mexico. It would guarantee a firestorm that would surely defeat Trump in November.

No, you're making the statement. Why don't YOU provide the backup? Isn't that how things are supposed to work. ? You tell the jury to do so? You don't footnote your work? Getting lazy in retirement? ( just having fun there ...)
I was joking of course about the wall funding but AGAIN your opinion of what the impact would be doesn't make it a fact. In MY OPINION it would be worth the suggestion just to see the faces of Chuck and Nancy.

There is a thing called conference calls? Wow need to read up on that.

Certain things cannot be done remotely. Need actual hands on equipment, technical training etc. You are correct about web meetings being the norm for most sales / customer meetings but some times you need to be face to face.
Yes sir. And what % of corp. Travel ..mandatory need would that be? I never said 100% shut down. Everything today is all or nothing. Black or white.
This isn't the end of the world folks.

Everyone discounts the American spirit, creative solutions, medical expertise, and our ability to react. Our history reflects nothing but to come together and overcome.

My personal bet is this becomes a big disappoint for those hoping for another Katrina or Mag. 8.0 earthquake.

Btw...and for what its worth...at 61 my daily regiment includes morning and evening doses of inhaled steroids, an evening dose of singular, and of course the over used albuterol inhaler. So I could be one of the sure to go. Maybe good news to some but I fear not lol.

No, you're making the statement. Why don't YOU provide the backup? Isn't that how things are supposed to work. ? You tell the jury to do so? You don't footnote your work? Getting lazy in retirement? ( just having fun there ...)
I was joking of course about the wall funding but AGAIN your opinion of what the impact would be doesn't make it a fact. In MY OPINION it would be worth the suggestion just to see the faces of Chuck and Nancy.

Here you go, and I can give you more sources. https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...ola-coronavirus-doesnt-push-same-buttons-him/

I'm afraid that Trump shares your view that the most important thing to do is outrage the Democratic Congressional leadership. But there really is something more important,and that is to minimize the economic and public health damage threatened by the virus.

Btw...and for what its worth...at 61 my daily regiment includes morning and evening doses of inhaled steroids, an evening dose of singular, and of course the over used albuterol inhaler. So I could be one of the sure to go. Maybe good news to some but I fear not lol.

Asthma, COPD, or something like that? I'm glad you are careful to take medications that help you.

Last Monday morning Italy had six dead. Sunday evening it is 29. That's roughly a 4.8x increase in a week. So in four weeks, if the 4.8x number holds, there will be north of 15,000 dead. Hopefully their quarantine efforts slow things down.
Monday night at 56 dead now. That sux.

Here you go, and I can give you more sources. https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...ola-coronavirus-doesnt-push-same-buttons-him/

I'm afraid that Trump shares your view that the most important thing to do is outrage the Democratic Congressional leadership. But there really is something more important,and that is to minimize the economic and public health damage threatened by the virus.

You are 100% right. But at some point you just have to call them out. Trust me, I am not a fan of either party or polititics even more so. In my world there wouldn't be parties or letters just after your name. There would only be you and your record.

Only thing I feel bad about is that other poster got the handle "Weezer" before I could lol.

To you're other post. Not sure. Trying to figure it out for some time. Breathing is a blessing and thank you for your comments.

You should try Trelegy

You should try Trelegy
oh and seriously thank you. I think I could do a Blog on my situation, have some fun, and even enlighten on the Health system, the costs, the treatments, the LEGAL alternatives (Thanks Mrs. 1984) , the effects, the other treatments/alternatives (we need edibles!), and just general older respitory stress some of us get....one of God's best thinning the heard plays lol.

Reactions: RU848789
oh and seriously thank you. I think I could do a Blog on my situation, have some fun, and even enlighten on the Health system, the costs, the treatments, the LEGAL alternatives (Thanks Mrs. 1984) , the effects, the other treatments/alternatives (we need edibles!), and just general older respitory stress some of us get....one of God's best thinning the heard plays lol.
Stay well, 84

Sorry for your situation. My dad has COPD and so does my best friend's mom, but she is on oxygen 24/7 and unlike anything I have ever seen. (wish I could unsee) Both smoked.

Didn't I see you mention smoking cigars not too long ago?(forgive me if I am wrong) The Pulmonologist cannot figure out what is wrong?? Instead they just prescribe all that medicine? Also, you can make your own edibles, or (ask about lozengers Bellmawr NJ Curaleaf ) although not sure how it would help respiratory issues. :Sad:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT