ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Great news....we're scheduled for our first vaccine shot

Could you please give some details of how you got your appointment at CVS? I was at the CVS website last Wednesday when they were first offering appointments. I logged on at 6:40 am and got a message page : "we are loading more appointments for you . Please check back later". I kept that web page open, it restored frequently, till 7:50 am when I gave up. The next day I logged on at 5:30 am and got the same result.
What time did you get on their website , and what happened. I'm getting very discouraged.
The app and site are a little different versus first day. You cannot advance past choosing the state since all locations are “fully booked”. The first dose appointments were only out 5 days when I made my appointment. More will be coming. Keep trying. Got mine today at Harrison Township.

My only advice besides keep trying is to have a couple other NJ zip codes to use for finding a location to make an appointment. That is how I was successful. My current home zip code I had no luck. The zip code I grew up in offered appointments in Vineland and Harrison Township.

Got second shot at Gloucester Saturday. Impressive operation. No ill effects on either shot. Biggest risk was driving home 90 minutes in freezing rain. $$$$

Anyone know if any of the sites allow you to schedule further out (April for example). Or is it all usually appointments in the next week or two?

Reactions: Greg2020
My mom got her first Friday. Apparently after the 2nd is when people feel sick. She feels fine after the first
Yup my mom and aunt both felt sick after the second one. Chills, a mild fever and even some fatigue. I was offered it and work but said no for now. I’ll see how everybody else does lol

Reactions: 216 Row E
Yup my mom and aunt both felt sick after the second one. Chills, a mild fever and even some fatigue. I was offered it and work but said no for now. I’ll see how everybody else does lol
Haha yeah man, im not like an anti-vaccine guy or anything but im young, extremely healthy and my mom will have been vaccinated so its not exactly a priority for me. I can wait a year or two to see how people do and if theres any side effects

You believe there’s a large segment of the population that still listens to that guy? If he said to drink anti-freeze these compliant sheep would consider it
Another guy suggested that people could inject bleach to get rid of the virus... and some folks actually poisoned themselves with bleach. Are they compliant sheep? Not sure why you would use that example.

I had a scratchy throat which led to a productive cough after my first dose. I got tested and it was negative for COVID. Meanwhile, my arm was a little sore. After my second dose, I felt no side effects. (My arm wasn't even sore.) in retrospect, I am pretty sure that I was simply coming down with a common cold right before my first dose and the vaccine was not responsible for these symptoms.

Meanwhile, my 76 year old father is scheduled for 2nd dose tomorrow and my 71 year old mom got her first dose last week. 🙂

Another guy suggested that people could inject bleach to get rid of the virus... and some folks actually poisoned themselves with bleach. Are they compliant sheep? Not sure why you would use that example.
Let's be fair here. Bleach has a long history as a very effective preventative against germs and bacteria. It is only logical to assume that if you inject it, that it would prevent COVID by killing the virus. Yes, it may likely also kill you in the process (almost guaranteed), but other than that small, minor, largely insignificant side-effect, it is solid logic. I think the best we could conclude right now is that we simply just don't know how effective injecting bleach could be. Until we can get large scale trials in place, we just don't have the data to say otherwise. But that doesn't mean it is wrong either. Until someone can show me data (preferably from some unknown and unverifiable Twitter source, or even better, something that we anecdotally heard from a friend of a friend who we don't know), I am going to continue to believe in what this guy told me.

I think the supply is loosening up
I was contacted by two places I had registered with over the past week

I had the first shot in Edison on Tuesday at the convention center. Seemed to a large scale operation with about 100 staff and national guardsmen directing people to various checkin points
The process took about an hour, including the 15 minute recoup time, but I
did not think at any point that it was unorganized, because of the large number of patients they had to handle
This is the exact experience I had last Thursday at the Burlington County Megasite at the closed Lord & Taylor store at the Moorestown Mall. A very large scale operation done under the auspices of Virtua Health. There was a large presence of Virtua staff and National Guard to move the multitudes through the process. Very efficient operation. Took me about an hour as well. I had registered with just about every county megasite through their host hospital portal. I actually had an appointment in Camden County on March 6 that I cancelled.

Reactions: wheezer
Let's be fair here. Bleach has a long history as a very effective preventative against germs and bacteria. It is only logical to assume that if you inject it, that it would prevent COVID by killing the virus. Yes, it may likely also kill you in the process (almost guaranteed), but other than that small, minor, largely insignificant side-effect, it is solid logic. I think the best we could conclude right now is that we simply just don't know how effective injecting bleach could be. Until we can get large scale trials in place, we just don't have the data to say otherwise. But that doesn't mean it is wrong either. Until someone can show me data (preferably from some unknown and unverifiable Twitter source, or even better, something that we anecdotally heard from a friend of a friend who we don't know), I am going to continue to believe in what this guy told me.
Let's hope that lots of the 'Zees sign up for the bleach test.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
And I think they said that one or two weeks after the second shot we'll be protected from this scourge.
So...by the Spring....I guess.

When folks put glue in their hair as a styling agent and another guy uses gas on his lawn to clear the snow you're gonna associate pure human stupidity as being caused by any one person or comment?

This is the exact experience I had last Thursday at the Burlington County Megasite at the closed Lord & Taylor store at the Moorestown Mall. A very large scale operation done under the auspices of Virtua Health. There was a large presence of Virtua staff and National Guard to move the multitudes through the process. Very efficient operation. Took me about an hour as well. I had registered with just about every county megasite through their host hospital portal. I actually had an appointment in Camden County on March 6 that I cancelled.
They have a great video on their site detailing exactly what to expect . I go there next Monday. Wife got hers at Rowan and also a great operation.

I just saw you actually replied "good" in that locked thread about RL dying today. No need to respond to my posts as you won't be anybody I ever exchange with again. Politics aside. You're sad.

I just saw you actually replied "good" in that locked thread about RL dying today. No need to respond to my posts as you won't be anybody I ever exchange with again. Politics aside. You're sad.
Nah...he's good.

Somebody was a little touchy, huh? It's almost like he was delicate little dendrite...

The snowflake brigade went wild with cancel culture in that thread, trying to shut down anyone who would quibble with a guy who literally read names of people who died from AIDS to laugh at them and their families.

They deleted posts like wildfire and then shut the thread down...a thread a moderator, of course, started.

I had my first shot at the Camden county facility last Friday. (The site is in Blackwood at Camden Community College, not in Camden itself.) The whole thing was very efficient. The nurse didn't like the way I looked after the fifteen minute period, so she had me see an EMT. That impressed me, too. I had a sore arm and headache the next day, but my only problem now is that my body wants to nap a lot. The Camden College facility automatically gave me a follow-up appointment in four weeks to get a second shot of the Moderna vaccine.

I had my first shot at the Camden county facility last Friday. (The site is in Blackwood at Camden Community College, not in Camden itself.) The whole thing was very efficient. The nurse didn't like the way I looked after the fifteen minute period, so she had me see an EMT. That impressed me, too. I had a sore arm and headache the next day, but my only problem now is that my body wants to nap a lot. The Camden College facility automatically gave me a follow-up appointment in four weeks to get a second shot of the Moderna vaccine.
I felt that way the day after my first shot also (last Thurs) . Had a fever for a few hours as well. Are you still feeling fatigued? I was good by Saturday.

got our second doses of Pfizer this week.... now just have to hope it works on the variants.

Well, we got our first Pfizer vaccine shot this afternoon. It took a half hour at best. No pain or negative reactions so far.
Second shot in three weeks.
We're both thrilled.
Yes I got my first shot today as well at Univ.. do Denver. Very few people . So far so good with no side effects

Well, we got our first Pfizer vaccine shot this afternoon. It took a half hour at best. No pain or negative reactions so far.
Second shot in three weeks.
We're both thrilled.
Glad you are hooked up. Politics aside. I wish everyone and all of us well.

Reactions: Kbee3
I felt that way the day after my first shot also (last Thurs) . Had a fever for a few hours as well. Are you still feeling fatigued? I was good by Saturday.

I'm not so fortunate, but I am getting a little better each day. A medical scientist told me that it took her 6-7 days to be over the fatigue. And of course we can expect it to be worse after the second shot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT