ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Great news....we're scheduled for our first vaccine shot

Who's skipping the line? People who have medical conditions that have been living under the tyranny of covid deniers for the past year? got it.
There are definitely situations where those under 65 without the conditions specified by NJ have played the system to get the shots earlier than allowed - if you deny that you are clueless. I n addition there are those that have used the who do you know advantage to ignore waiting or the effort and struggle of many to book an appoinment.

Reactions: Plum Street
There are definitely situations where those under 65 without the conditions specified by NJ have played the system to get the shots earlier than allowed - if you deny that you are clueless. I n addition there are those that have used the who do you know advantage to ignore waiting or the effort and struggle of many to book an appoinment.
I have friends that have received the shot that have no pre-existing conditions or are not front line workers. In fact my one friend got his shot yesterday in Edison. He and his wife are 1C. His daughter was 1B. He got the email last week to make an appointment, so it looks like NJ is getting through their priority list. I have registered and am 1C. As much as I want the shot, I feel there are a lot more people deserving than me.

I get that... that is definitely happening. Proud is lobbing accusations about individuals in this thread however.

Could you please give some details of how you got your appointment at CVS? I was at the CVS website last Wednesday when they were first offering appointments. I logged on at 6:40 am and got a message page : "we are loading more appointments for you . Please check back later". I kept that web page open, it restored frequently, till 7:50 am when I gave up. The next day I logged on at 5:30 am and got the same result.
What time did you get on their website , and what happened. I'm getting very discouraged.
Could you please give some details of how you got your appointment at CVS? I was at the CVS website last Wednesday when they were first offering appointments. I logged on at 6:40 am and got a message page : "we are loading more appointments for you . Please check back later". I kept that web page open, it restored frequently, till 7:50 am when I gave up. The next day I logged on at 5:30 am and got the same result.
What time did you get on their website , and what happened. I'm getting very discouraged.
Having the same problem as Scarlet Ed. I can never get an appointment on the CVS site. I get the same message as him "We are loading more appointments. Please check back later". I got up early at 5 am and the site shows availability at many locations, but by the time I get the form to sign up for an appointment, they are all booked. This has happened quite a few times. Tried a lot of approaches but nothing has worked so far. Do I need to be logged in, do I need a Windows 10 computer, do I have to refresh constantly or just stay in the waiting room? Any help would be appreciated.

Having the same problem as Scarlet Ed. I can never get an appointment on the CVS site. I get the same message as him "We are loading more appointments. Please check back later". I got up early at 5 am and the site shows availability at many locations, but by the time I get the form to sign up for an appointment, they are all booked. This has happened quite a few times. Tried a lot of approaches but nothing has worked so far. Do I need to be logged in, do I need a Windows 10 computer, do I have to refresh constantly or just stay in the waiting room? Any help would be appreciated.
I had success on Walgreens site. Got my mom and I appointments. Walgreens schedules both shots at once. I just kept logging in and refreshing until I got them. Both times about 5 minutes past midnight.

Cant get an appointment for the life of me. I am eligible, just can’t snag one. Any tips appreciated!

Cant get an appointment for the life of me. I am eligible, just can’t snag one. Any tips appreciated!
I kept logging onto Walgreens, CVS. Rite Aid and hackensack meridian until I snagged shots for my mom and me at Walgreens. There is a facebook page where people post when different sites add new appointments. If you wait to here from where you registered you may be waiting a while. One of them showed me I was 46,000 on the waiting list.

Finally got an email for my mom to set up an appointment yesterday and got one for Monday. I didn’t get an email for myself yet.

If you want one quick and is willing to drive, Atlanticare (AC megasite) has availability.

They have availability as of last week.
My mother who is 89 got the appointment but I‘m under 65 by a few months have medical condition. We registered at the same time at Rockaway site but she was the only one to get the appointment. I guess they are prioritizing age over medical conditions.

My mother who is 89 got the appointment but I‘m under 65 by a few months have medical condition. We registered at the same time at Rockaway site but she was the only one to get the appointment. I guess they are prioritizing age over medical conditions.
Not sure about the Rockaway site but the one in the Atlantic City convention center has it.

Long post warning...

I got my first shot last Sunday (49 years old with qualifying medical conditions...in my case two of them, so lucky me).

We got lucky with registering at cvs. My wife logged on just as the clock hit 7:00 AM on the day it opened and we got in. I was able to get the Ledgewood location about 15 minutes from my house.

One word of advice is to have your insurance cards ready when you are trying to log in. CVS makes you type in your group number, BIN number, etc. and then they make you do it again a second time. Once was for medical coverage and the second was for prescription coverage. It was all the same for me but I assume if you have medicare or what have you, the info could be different.

At CVS there was a guy checking you in when you entered the store and then directing you to the line to get the shot. My check in only took seconds but the two people ahead of me had issues. One was an older woman who had some sort of issue and I will say that the check in guy was very patient with her. He spent about 15 minutes with her and even got on the phone to help straighten out whatever the issue was.

The next guy (also older) had an issue with his insurance info. After checking, they sent him off to the pharmacy counter to help him. I thought I heard the check in guy say that his insurance info did not match up, but not to worry and they would help him out (like I said you needed to enter in a lot of numbers when you register so he certainly could have entered something in wrong). Whatever the issue was, they helped him and he then joined the next line like 5 minutes later.

The actual vaccine process went very smoothly. The line moved quickly and the longest wait was the 15 minutes after the shot. I got the Moderna one and had a bit of a sore arm the next day and overall felt a little achy and tired the day after but that could have been a coincidence.

Overall the CVS folks handled things well and were patient with the older folks when they had questions. Everyone getting the vaccine was also cooperative and did what they were told which helps things immensely. I would say that about half the people getting the vaccine were clearly over 65 and the other half looked to be in their 40's or 50's so I assume they had underlying conditions like I did (and this is clearly on the honor system since I was not asked at all to show any proof of my conditions).

As I was leaving there was a kid in line who looked to be like 19 or 20 and his dad was off to the side guiding him in the process. The kid could have had cancer for all I know - it was none of my business or anyone else's. The point is that we don't know what anyone else is going through.

My appt was cxl. RiteAid said they are only doing 65 and up. No medical. I’m on the Atlanticare site now.

Got both of my shots done already at Centra State Hospital Pfizer. Very little discomfort after the second shot. A week later we had lunch with friends in a restaurant . Was a great feeling to be out with people again. Everyone in our group had received at least one shot some have received 2.

Got both of my shots done already at Centra State Hospital Pfizer. Very little discomfort after the second shot. A week later we had lunch with friends in a restaurant . Was a great feeling to be out with people again. Everyone in our group had received at least one shot some have received 2.
We get our second Pfizer shot in two weeks. They are saying one should wait one or two weeks after the second shot for full effect of the vaccine. We're gonna be extra careful.

Just scheduled my appt for Monday at CVS. In Flemington. Really have to follow it on social media. Fingers crossed.

Anyone with money Ca can get one tomorrow. Of you don’t have money? Good luck.

No experience with NJ. But, my wife set appts for my Mother in law, my Grandmother (103) and my Aunt all down in Florida. Easy web portal to set the appts through Publix pharmacy. Show up, show ID, fill out a short form and done. All 3 no hassle whatsoever.

Could they have done the online part painlessly themselves? Not sure, but the in person part was a breeze. No wait, in and out. 2nd shot dates are scheduled same time as 1st.

Anyone with money Ca can get one tomorrow. Of you don’t have money? Good luck.

Don't know anything about that but they're doing well compared to large population states. First shot percentage of population

Cal 14.9%

NJ 14.6%

Fl 14.1%
Ill 14.3%
Mich 13.8%
Oh 13.7%
Pa 14.1%
NY 13.1%
Tx 12.0%

Many smaller states are doing better. For example....

Ak 22.1%
NM 20.1%
SD 19.5%
Ct 18.3%

I kept logging onto Walgreens, CVS. Rite Aid and hackensack meridian until I snagged shots for my mom and me at Walgreens. There is a facebook page where people post when different sites add new appointments. If you wait to here from where you registered you may be waiting a while. One of them showed me I was 46,000 on the waiting list.
Can you post the name of the Facebook page?

The woman who called me said they had 35,000 on their list.

I got my appointment on Monday. When I signed up, the site indicated no appointment available. I refreshed it a second time and the time slots available popped up. I could have easily missed it if I didn’t refresh.

Do you remember about a month ago there were those on these boards saying they would NOT take the shot even though being able to do so??? As predicted the worm has truly turned.

Do you remember about a month ago there were those on these boards saying they would NOT take the shot even though being able to do so??? As predicted the worm has truly turned.

My next door neighbors drove 4 hours to Miami and stayed over nite to get the shot.

Reactions: biker7766
I just came across an article about the younger members of the military and a lot of family members who live on bases saying no thanks to the shot. At this point it is not mandatory so they are saying no because it is one of the few things they can say no to the military at this point .

Let’s say you register at a bunch of different places . Then you finally get a vaccine appointment. How do you take yourself off the other sites ? Seems like this will logjam the system staying on all the other lists. Because those places will eventually contact you, and hold a place for you to a certain point . Seems like a massive waste of time and inefficient when you add it all up .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT