ADVERTISEMENT

OT: HeavenUniv, follow up message regarding chocolate gravy

Plaintiff ? lol That is a lot kinder term than what my brother calls his trampy ex wife.

HeavenUniv,

Mailed it today. Should be there Monday or Tuesday, depending on how the pony express works out of Little Rock.

The chocolate gravy has arrived! Not only does he send me a huuuge packet of chocolate gravy , but he includes an Arkansas Razorback magnet to boot! Out of the nine million people in New Jersey, I may be the only one who now has a magnet on their pick up for Arkansas, Florida, Villanova, and Rutgers. I see the traditional way to use the gravy is to put it on biscuits , but Brenda from Glenwood says it can be put on toast and pancakes too. I may just go out on a culinary limb and put it on my waffles. I just sent Southern Gentlewoman an email telling her about your newfound enthusiasm for chocolate gravy so at Thanksgiving, she will have that instead of turkey gravy for you. You may be starting a whole new tradition this year. Thank you again and Happy Thanksgiving to all in Arkansas.

The chocolate gravy has arrived! Not only does he send me a huuuge packet of chocolate gravy , but he includes an Arkansas Razorback magnet to boot! Out of the nine million people in New Jersey, I may be the only one who now has a magnet on their pick up for Arkansas, Florida, Villanova, and Rutgers. I see the traditional way to use the gravy is to put it on biscuits , but Brenda from Glenwood says it can be put on toast and pancakes too. I may just go out on a culinary limb and put it on my waffles. I just sent Southern Gentlewoman an email telling her about your newfound enthusiasm for chocolate gravy so at Thanksgiving, she will have that instead of turkey gravy for you. You may be starting a whole new tradition this year. Thank you again and Happy Thanksgiving to all in Arkansas.

I do please expect a culinary review of the gravy. !! Lord knows that I am NOT a going to try it!

and IF you want more, I now know where to purchase it!

And happy thanksgiving to you and yours! Stay safe my friend!

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
OK. Please STOP. Grits need nothing other than real butter on top of them or maybe a poached egg.

The thought of chocolate gravy on grits, or even biscuits, just grosses me out!
My buddy’s from Alabama , Georgia , Tennessee , and Kentucky would call chocolate gravy over grits blasphemy... I like grits while the Mrs. doesn’t care for them. Butter is my suggestion and maybe some hot sauce.

Reactions: Southern Gentleman
When I lived in the South, I almost ordered grits once at a Waffle House, but I chickened out. I did have elephant ears and black eyed peas while I lived there. Anyone ever have hush puppies?

When I lived in the South, I almost ordered grits once at a Waffle House, but I chickened out. I did have elephant ears and black eyed peas while I lived there. Anyone ever have hush puppies?
You usually don't order them, they come with just about everything you order. Not bad.

Reactions: mdk01
Chocolate gravy would probably go good on a meatloaf taco. But more difficult to eat than with taco sauce. If you put it on pasta is it sauce or gravy ?

We are kinda in our own land.

I think most will say we are Southerers but the truth is more mid westerners.

Isn't it the Mid-South and therefore mid-southerners? Just mash up the Midwest and South, lol
Those terms may very well be reserved for only Arkansas....and possibly far western TN (Memphis metro)?
All good folk in my book!

Elephant ears? WTF? WHERE IN THE HELL DO YOU EAT?

once again, I have NEVER heard of eating elephant ears. Did you put chocolate gravy on them?

You seriously need to upgrade both your traveling companions and your restaurant choices!

SG, I thought every county and state fair had elephant ears as one of the most common items. Maybe it is a South Carolina thing, but I thought they were all over the region.

Actually they sound good, but seriously, again, like chocolate gravy, not a staple in the South!

now, if you like BBQ, the South is where you want to be!

I am still not convinced that you aren’t actually from Oklahoma or Missouri. Here is a test, which is the favorite soda of Arkansas, Grapico or Grapette?

SG, I thought every county and state fair had elephant ears as one of the most common items. Maybe it is a South Carolina thing, but I thought they were all over the region.
When my daughters worked summers at NJ shore bakery (LBI) they sold something called elephant ears but were different from the recipe shown in the other post - they were really good though.

HeavenUniv,

Here is a Southern thing:

have you ever poured salted peanuts in your bottle of co-cola(aka Coke) and consumed them together?

Reactions: RUnTeX
Happy Thanksgiving to all of y’all!!!!

Judy and I are doing Thanksgiving just by ourselves as this is our first together. Simple meal of Turkey, dressing and gravy, cranberry sauce, and broccoli with Hollandaise sauce, rolls. Oh yes, Pecan pie!

Cant forget the Sauvignon Blanc !

When my daughters worked summers at NJ shore bakery (LBI) they sold something called elephant ears but were different from the recipe shown in the other post - they were really good though.
I know them to be a large pastry shaped like the ear of an elephant. I might eat these with a chocolate sauce/drizzle if I really wanted to indulge.
IF8pxXR.jpg

Chocolate gravy would probably go good on a meatloaf taco. But more difficult to eat than with taco sauce. If you put it on pasta is it sauce or gravy ?

Meatloaf taco? Seriously, WTF is going on in your world of culinary discipline?

Y’all are killing me! I need to go eat some fried catfish with onion rings and hush puppies to get the thought of meatloaf tacos out of my mind!

Meatloaf taco? Seriously, WTF is going on in your world of culinary discipline?

Y’all are killing me! I need to go eat some fried catfish with onion rings and hush puppies to get the thought of meatloaf tacos out of my mind!
It's all the same beef except one is molded and the other crumbles.
Might show up on a segment of Carnival Eats.

Hmmm, I just started wondering how catfish and onion rings would taste with chocolate gravy?

Used to get those from a bakery in NJ when I was a kid, but the were called "mules ears". And yes, cinnamon. To the best of my knowledge chocolate gravy did not exist in state.
We call it chocolate sauce 🤡

Reactions: Jm0513
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT