ADVERTISEMENT

OT: If anyone is interested? Warrior won last night

One pick away from Knicks
Knicks won last few games of year when Wilson Chandler got extended PT and played great.
Drafted Hill from Arizona ??

Knicks get Curry , Lebron probably makes “the decision” to come to NY with curry and tries to beat MJ winning 4 straight titles

• Wow
Reactions: newell138
Thought folks might be a bit happy the Celtics lost.

In any case, I'm pretty excited about the Warriors. Moved to NorCal in '86 and bought tickets to some Warriors games mostly because they had Chris Mullin. The team was a lot of fun for a few years, but was then rock bottom terrible for about 25 years. Brutally bad - like the recent Knicks teams, but even worse. So, there is always hope for any fan base.

Not sure how folks on the other side of the country feel about this, but the Warriors are an easy team to root for - Curry and Thompson must have two of the highest NBA Q Ratings. The team is mostly built from their own draft picks (unlike, say the Nets). The Warriors play a good brand of ball - they typically lead the league in team assists and play great defense.

One pick away from Knicks
Knicks won last few games of year when Wilson Chandler got extended PT and played great.
Drafted Hill from Arizona ??

Knicks get Curry , Lebron probably makes “the decision” to come to NY with curry and tries to beat MJ winning 4 straight titles
We have really had some first round clunkers, haven't we?

Not that I would have watched but I even forgot it was on.

It was a good series and Golden State proved they're the best when Boston pushed them taking a 2-1 lead after the 3rd game.
That was all she wrote for the Celtics and the Warriors took control the rest of way.

Thought folks might be a bit happy the Celtics lost.

In any case, I'm pretty excited about the Warriors. Moved to NorCal in '86 and bought tickets to some Warriors games mostly because they had Chris Mullin. The team was a lot of fun for a few years, but was then rock bottom terrible for about 25 years. Brutally bad - like the recent Knicks teams, but even worse. So, there is always hope for any fan base.

Not sure how folks on the other side of the country feel about this, but the Warriors are an easy team to root for - Curry and Thompson must have two of the highest NBA Q Ratings. The team is mostly built from their own draft picks (unlike, say the Nets). The Warriors play a good brand of ball - they typically lead the league in team assists and play great defense.
I don't agree that they're an easy team to root for. Steph and Klay come across as whiny and thin-skinned. And I don't know how anyone could root for Draymond. He's the biggest baby in the league.

I’ll say congrats to the GSW and anyone who may follow them (not good odds on this site). While I don’t care, can appreciate a team winning a title, their first while being based in SF if I have it correct.

Also if I am correct, it prevented the Celtics from pulling ahead of the Lakers for most overall titles.

I don't agree that they're an easy team to root for. Steph and Klay come across as whiny and thin-skinned. And I don't know how anyone could root for Draymond. He's the biggest baby in the league.
Did Steph throw his mouthpiece at anyone?

Warrior is an offensive term. Why have they not been forced to change their name? NBA should not condone fighting.

Last edited:
A lot of people watched, plus sold out areans.

Golden State’s win, which peaked with 15.35 million viewers, ranks as the highest rated and most-watched NBA game since the league returned from hiatus nearly two years ago. The previous marks were a 6.6 and 12.78 million for Suns-Bucks Game 6 last year.

A lot of people watched, plus sold out areans.

Golden State’s win, which peaked with 15.35 million viewers, ranks as the highest rated and most-watched NBA game since the league returned from hiatus nearly two years ago. The previous marks were a 6.6 and 12.78 million for Suns-Bucks Game 6 last year.

Highest rated since the league returned from hiatus 2 years ago isn’t saying much

any idea how it compares to finals in the last 30 years?

I barely watched any of the games since I go to bed early now but I did notice that Curry was able to make quite a few layups whenever he needed them. The warriors have a deep bench which will allow them to be in the race for several years. Their second pick in the draft Wiseman didn’t even play this season due to injury.

Found this. Amazing how up and down they are year after year

Good info - thanks for posting. A few things that jumped out to me:

1994 Game 5 had really low ratings due to OJ car chase.
1999 (Spurs 4-1 over Knicks) ratings were roughly half 1998 (Jordan's final year with the Bulls). Ratings stayed way down afterwards and never regained 1998 levels.

Reactions: newell138
Good info - thanks for posting. A few things that jumped out to me:

1994 Game 5 had really low ratings due to OJ car chase.
1999 (Spurs 4-1 over Knicks) ratings were roughly half 1998 (Jordan's final year with the Bulls). Ratings stayed way down afterwards and never regained 1998 levels.
Jordan years had huge ratings for obvious reasons...greatest player of all time was on the court.

Rating in 2022 are could be good considering all the viewing options available today. In addition to cable, you have all the streaming options today... Netflix, Prime, Paramount, HBO Max, etc.

In 1998, you had basic cable and the premium movie channels.

15 posts in and not a single nostalgia post about how much better the finals were in the 1950s.

Progress.
THE 50 were nice but the first Championship (BAA) won by the Warriors was great and Joe Fulks was the driving force in Philadelphia taking the series 4 games to one over the Chicago Stags

Their favorites to repeat. But next yr will be the most competitive season in a long time. About 8-10 really strong teams. I have the Clippers taking it next yr though

Jordan years had huge ratings for obvious reasons...greatest player of all time was on the court.

Rating in 2022 are could be good considering all the viewing options available today. In addition to cable, you have all the streaming options today... Netflix, Prime, Paramount, HBO Max, etc.

In 1998, you had basic cable and the premium movie channels.

Yeah - all this. I'm wondering if any of these numbers include streaming.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT