ADVERTISEMENT

OT: John Wayne Airport - Thoughts?

Airbus isn't a US company - ITA is specific to US companies in defense and aerospace.

There may be some funds available domestically which include it, but Airbus Industrie stock does not trade on any of the US exchanges.

All that aside, over the long run Boeing stock is a solid performer and they've been in tight jams, before.

You are exactly right. The only way to specifically buy Airbus in this country is through an ADR.

I could have also been more explicit to say that investing in an ETF is generally a less riskier proposition than investing in a single company. That is, assuming one invests only in the best possible ETFs.

FYI - Disneyland has been pretty cool. I prefer WDW due to the size and scope (and because that is my family's Disney), but overall, enjoying our first time here. The new Star Wars Galaxy Edge is remarkable.

Also, hit the San Diego Zoo yesterday, now that place was impressive.

Reactions: Jm0513
Come up to civilization!
Got stuck in a ton of traffic coming back to Anaheim from SD via I-5 North, no accidents, just volume and bad drivers. Cali needs better roads before they land us as new residents! :)

Last edited:
Following up.....the takeoff from SNA was steeper than normal, but no biggie. The little one definitely didn't notice a difference. Overall, great experience at the airport, hell of a lot better than LAX!

Following up.....the takeoff from SNA was steeper than normal, but no biggie. The little one definitely didn't notice a difference. Overall, great experience at the airport, hell of a lot better than LAX!
I think a colonoscopy is better than LAX.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
I feel like the take offs used to be far more noticeable. Either i just got used to it, or I think some things have changed a bit to make it less dramatic. About 10 Years ago - the first time I flew in I def. noticed it and thought something was wrong when the Captain eased up on the throttle. I thought we we lost power and were going down- LOL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT