ADVERTISEMENT

OT:LET'S GO METS

Will be a very tough series......

What the Mets needs to do to win:

- SP must remain dominate
- can't have holes in lineups or duds......everyone needs to be productive with their AB's....
- Bridge to Familia must be effective

Also what is interesting is that Mets open up 2016 season at KC next year....schedule was finalized about a month ago....how's that for forecasting...:)
Yes it will be a challenge. Just like you'd expect it to be. But we're ready for it.

Sounds like Kelly Johnson would be the back-up - think you lose your DH if you move him though. If Uribe is any semblance of healthy, would prefer him in the DH spot anyway.

Heard that Vegas line is a dead 50/50 for the series. Good thing they start in KC. Tomorrow looks like a washout here.

Media naysayers are talking about how the Mets have to first overcome recent history. That being that the last 6 teams to sweep in their LCS have gone out to lose the WS. Also read something about the Royals success against high velocity heaters. I expect a lot of 1st pitch off-speed pitches from the young guns. If they're sharp with their curves and changeups I think they'll be fine. Maybe not as much if they start falling behind and the Royals are able to sit on fastballs. We'll find out starting tonight if the layoff has taken the edge off, cooled Murphy and makes our starters less than sharp. No excuses from me though, let's just go take this thing regardless of trends and recent history etc.

Sounds like Kelly Johnson would be the back-up - think you lose your DH if you move him though. If Uribe is any semblance of healthy, would prefer him in the DH spot anyway.
I think in an emergency they would move Wright to SS. He has played it a little earlier in his career. That's if Johnson were already in the game as the DH. They could then just insert Uribe at 3rd.

Holy crap this thread dropped to the second page? Anyway to the Mets fans congrats and good luck. Have no team in this fight. Would love a 6 or 7 game WS. Today is the anniversary of both teams last WS victory

Joe Buck is doing a bad job as he failed to inform the viewers that Casey Stengel's inside the park homer was the first Series homer at Yankee Stadium,winning the game in the ninth.Didn't his father tell him anything?

For the record,the Babe outhomered Casey in the Series,3 to 2.

Awful start. 1-0 deficit feels like billions. Need ridiculous Murph to show up or this is a loss.

Joe Buck is doing a bad job as he failed to inform the viewers that Casey Stengel's inside the park homer was the first Series homer at Yankee Stadium,winning the game in the ninth.Didn't his father tell him anything?

For the record,the Babe outhomered Casey in the Series,3 to 2.
He did mention Stengels inside the park homer. It wasn't on the first pitch. Pay attention

Nice!!!

The stoppage of play was not fox. It seemed like it was

Well, it was and it wasn't - they lost the replay feed when they lost the Fox feed. I'm not sure what they're doing now, but apparently it's been addressed.

Well, it was and it wasn't - they lost the replay feed when they lost the Fox feed. I'm not sure what they're doing now, but apparently it's been addressed.

On Fox, they said the managers agreed to no replay for the rest of the game.

I agree that the MLB international broadcast was so much more pleasant than listening to Buck.

This is a pretty darn good baseball game. Both teams making some big plays with the sticks and the gloves.

[QUOTE="RCTrooper, post: 841595, member: 4120"]Mike Cadaver sucks...[/QUOTE]
[roll]
Terry Collins should have just left Kelly Johnson in. What was Cuddyer looking for? That guy only threw heat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT