ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Major Yankees/Mets trade coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemarc1

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2005
Rumors of Syndergarrd heading to Yankees. JT Realmuto to Mets as part of 3 way trade with Miami.

Just discussions at this point but all major sources are saying it’s very possible.

Rumors of Syndergarrd heading to Yankees. JT Realmuto to Mets as part of 3 way trade with Miami.

Just discussions at this point but all major sources are saying it’s very possible.
The Mets get a lot more than JT Realmuto for Syndergaard. A lot more.

Joel Sherman just tweeted that nothing is imminent tonight so all should go to sleep. If rumors are true, Mets would get Realmuto and Andujar. Sherman says too many hurdles in this deal but who the hell knows anymore. Mets would have awesome lineup with this deal but i would not be able to stomach Noah in a Yankees uniform. Question is what do marlins get? Also Mets would have to get another starter or 2 to replace Noah. Kuechel? Happ?

I want no part of this deal. I could never stomach the Mets being a part of the deal that puts the Yankees over the top.Let them get their #1 SP from someone else. BVW needs to realize the dynamics of making a trade that would be brought up everyday on the back pages. No way does this deal happens, I pray!!!!

BVW is just shaking the tree to put the Rays and BoSox on notice. If you don't want Thor on the Yankees, tell us what you'd offer!!!

From a Yankee perspective why give up a player you have control over for several years for a very good pitcher albeit one who has had some lost time to injury, when you can get a free agent starter for 'only' money. You now a hole at third and short. Machado can only play one of them.

Reactions: KT8813
From a Yankee perspective why give up a player you have control over for several years for a very good pitcher albeit one who has had some lost time to injury, when you can get a free agent starter for 'only' money. You now a hole at third and short. Machado can only play one of them.
So far, haven't the Yankees struck out on a couple of "front line" pitchers already?

Last edited:
I personally think Andujar will turn out better then Gleyber.....Gleyber’s hip issues worries me, not good for a ball player

There are very few pitchers out there without at least some injury concerns. I know some people really don't like Machado but I think he would do well on the Yanks. We can't dump Andjuar and not replace him with someone who hits for a high average. We need some non-power hitters on the team somewhere.

This deal was never real but all the sports TV and radio shows got the all day content.
P.T. Barnum would be proud.

Reactions: cubuffsdoug
As always the Yankees fans come off as the stupid people in threads like this.
I pretty sure its the Mets fans that come off stupid, especially after watching last year. Let's keep all the pitchers and let them lose games because they can't hit. At least deGrom won the CY Young with zero run support.
Anyway the arguement on this rumor is dumb and dumber as its not real.

Per Andy Martino on SNY:

The three-team deal is not close right now, "even though the Yankees would like it to be".

In addition to direct discussions with Miami, the Mets have been involved in three team discussions with multiple teams, not just the Yankees.

Brodie is absolutely willing to trade with the Yankees, and the Wilpons will go along with him if he so recommends.

Mets will likely not trade Thor/Realmuto even up. They are considering offering Rosario. However, Miami will not necessarily make that trade even up.

Miami is talking with multiple other teams, looking for their best deal.

BOTTOM LINE - NOTHING IS CLOSE.

EDIT: Martino says that if the Realmuto thing falls through and they go for an FA catcher, it's Grandal, Maldonado, and Ramos in that order.

I'm a Yankee fan, but from a Mets' perspective if they think they can make a run in 2019 I don't see how they can do without Thor unless they intend to sign one of the free agent starters like Happ et. al. Wheeler and Matz just seem injury prone and you'd have to keep your fingers crossed all season. Keep Thor, sign the Dodger catcher, sign Bradley to play center and one of the many fa relievers and you can make a serious run at the NL East.

The trade is unlikely to happen, but the discussions have been very real.
No they weren't. Who ever put this together as a rumor failed to put together a package that the Marlins would expect. Guys on MLB Network just stated that there was nothing there in a 3 way deal.

I'm a Yankee fan, but from a Mets' perspective if they think they can make a run in 2019 I don't see how they can do without Thor unless they intend to sign one of the free agent starters like Happ et. al. Wheeler and Matz just seem injury prone and you'd have to keep your fingers crossed all season. Keep Thor, sign the Dodger catcher, sign Bradley to play center and one of the many fa relievers and you can make a serious run at the NL East.
Where are they going to get the hits and runs from??

Why are the Yankees offering Andujar to 10 different teams? That would make me think twice.I thought he was one of the cornerstones of the new Core 4?
Yankees haven't offered him to anyone. The rumors are coming from the teams that want to acquire him.

These Winter Meetings have been a complete bust from a news standpoint. McCutchen the only big name deal made. Doubt anything happens this morning before the Rule 5 Draft at noon. After that everyone goes home.

Honestly, has Syndergaard ever pitched a full season in the majors ?
He seems like an arm injury waiting to happen.
Can we please trade him first,thank you!!!
tenor.gif

Reactions: WhiteBus
Not if it involves Syndergaard.
Exactly. If we're trading Thor, it'd better be for like Trout/Betts, a MVP level player who is young. Otherwise, why trade an ace-level pitcher with insane stuff and is still really young? Just keep the guy and be thrilled that you have 2 legit aces, and 2 other established pitchers with ace-level ability.

Want a catcher? sign one.

Reactions: redking
Exactly. If we're trading Thor, it'd better be for like Trout/Betts, a MVP level player who is young. Otherwise, why trade an ace-level pitcher with insane stuff and is still really young? Just keep the guy and be thrilled that you have 2 legit aces, and 2 other established pitchers with ace-level ability.

Want a catcher? sign one.
The Yankees have a better chance of getting Syndergaard for Ellsbury and Sonny than the Mets do of getting Betts or Trout for Syndergaard.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
The Yankees have a better chance of getting Syndergaard for Ellsbury and Sonny than the Mets do of getting Betts or Trout for Syndergaard.
Hence why per my post, the Mets would be stupid to trade Syndergaard. If you aren't getting an MVP level player in his 20s in return, why would you trade a Cy Young quality pitcher who is in his 20s and has 3 years left on his rookie contract away? Only a fool would do that.

Hence why per my post, the Mets would be stupid to trade Syndergaard. If you aren't getting an MVP level player in his 20s in return, why would you trade a Cy Young quality pitcher who is in his 20s and has 3 years left on his rookie contract away? Only a fool would do that.
Why would you trade one of the best everyday players in the game....one who is probably gonna play 150 games for you next season... for a pitcher who is gonna give you at most 25 starts a season ? I'm also wondering if Syndergaard could pass a physical if there was a trade.

They can’t make a run without deGrom and Thor at the top of their games in 2019 IMO. Banking on the likes of Matz, etc. is a no-go.

Why would you trade one of the best everyday players in the game....one who is probably gonna play 150 games for you next season... for a pitcher who is gonna give you at most 25 starts a season ? I'm also wondering if Syndergaard could pass a physical if there was a trade.
Again though, I'm not trading Thor, a young CY level ace with ++++ stuff, unless its for an MVP type. That's the whole point.

Vargas? Oswalt? Gsellman? Lugo? For Realmuto, sure. Matz? I'll consider it simply due to the fact that we default back to what we've have currently, though we could simply just retain all of them and sign a catcher (Ramos, Lucroy, Grandal).

Its not like Realmuto is on Piazza, IRod, Posey, Carter's level. I wouldn't say even on Posada's. Todd Hunley was a better hitter. Let's get real here, he's a good catcher, but nowhere near the value of Thor.

Last edited:
+1 - He has become very injury prone, not worth the risk.

Lots of dumb talk by everyone...Mets are not trading Thor for anything less then a guy who is top 5 at his position plus top prospect or another very good player. Thor does not get a top 2 player at their position much less a top 5 perennial NVP type guy.
Realmuto is the best catcher currently but only because that position sucks at the moment. Teams are seeing that and Marlins may have to become more realistic.
As for Yankees/Anduhar Mets/Thor neither are shopping them but both are dangling them to see if they can get a kings ransom. Happens all the time and how this business worksz

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT