ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Marvel Cinematic Universe and other Comic Book Movies Talk

tico brown

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2005
If anyone interested in discussing Marvel MCU, this is the place for it…
#WandaVision
#TheFalconAndTheWinterSoldier
#Loki
Any of the upcoming MCU movies coming up in the next year or two…

Hell, (even though it’s not Marvel) I wouldn’t mind talking about the most HOKY SH** comic book series recently: #Invincible

I've enjoyed all three series so far - waiting to see how they will tie the story lines into any upcoming MCU movies. Also note you have to stay on for the clips they embed well into the credits. Lots of series out there - but a few I pandemic binged other series of note (not all MCU):
  • Ragnarok (interesting take on the Thor story - Netflix - dubbed from Swedish - but I enjoyed it anyway)
  • Jupiter's Legacy (from Image comics)
  • Titans (DC - HBO Max)
  • Warrior Nun
  • Doom Patrol (also DC HBO Max)
Was also hoping for a Watchman Season 2 - but seems like that may never happen.

EDIT - forgot "The Boys"

If anyone interested in discussing Marvel MCU, this is the place for it…
#WandaVision
#TheFalconAndTheWinterSoldier
#Loki
Any of the upcoming MCU movies coming up in the next year or two…

Hell, (even though it’s not Marvel) I wouldn’t mind talking about the most HOKY SH** comic book series recently: #Invincible
Haven't watched Loki yet, but the first two Disney+ MCU series have been exceptional. As has the Mandalorian and Bad Batch for SW. Very impressed with the service so far.

Lots of great easter eggs in episode 5 of Loki!! Going to see Black Widow in a few hours.

Spoilers allowed in this thread?

Reactions: Jeevan Kirkland
I've enjoyed all three series so far - waiting to see how they will tie the story lines into any upcoming MCU movies. Also note you have to stay on for the clips they embed well into the credits. Lots of series out there - but a few I pandemic binged other series of note (not all MCU):
  • Ragnarok (interesting take on the Thor story - Netflix - dubbed from Swedish - but I enjoyed it anyway)
  • Jupiter's Legacy (from Image comics)
  • Titans (DC - HBO Max)
  • Warrior Nun
  • Doom Patrol (also DC HBO Max)
Was also hoping for a Watchman Season 2 - but seems like that may never happen.

EDIT - forgot "The Boys"
The Boys- is great can't wait for next season
Jupiter's Legacy- don't wait for a season 2 it's been canceled
Doom Patrol- watched some of it and thought it was fine just couldn't get into it. It's a little far out there.
Umbrella Academy- I like this one I think there's a season 3. Be interesting to see what they do with Ellen Paige do they now make her a boy?

Invincible is another great superhero show to watch. Similar to The Boys but the animation and plot make it better in my opinion.

Lots of great easter eggs in episode 5 of Loki!! Going to see Black Widow in a few hours.

Spoilers allowed in this thread?
I’d talk about it but would you agree to a 48 hour spoiler limit for those who haven’t watched it yet?

But like I said elsewhere, E5 must’ve been the most batsh** show I’ve seen and in a good way lol.

Invincible is another great superhero show to watch. Similar to The Boys but the animation and plot make it better in my opinion.
Invincible is something that we all wondered what happened if Superman just said F IT… I DARE YOU TO STOP ME!!!! That was an amazing show that I got the first 4 volumes of something that is refreshingly different from DC/ Marvel. Reading Volume 1 now.

The WHAT IF trailer came out today. The different and multiple combos, like TChalla and Yondu being together, are endless. That’s the next Disney Ploose series starting in August.

Reactions: Jeevan Kirkland
Great series. Not sure how good season 6 will be, they wrote Alex out of the show. Whole crew dynamic will be different on the Roci now...
I've watched the first 4 seasons and loved it so far. Big fan! Going to watch S5 soon. Just trying to spread out my shows. Interesting news about Alex. I wonder if that is in the novels?

Just saw Black Widow and it was pretty solid. Will wait until more people see it before commenting further.

Never in a million years would I have thought I'd enjoy a show centered around Loki, but it's turning out to be my favorite Marvel film/tv show. Marvel Studios is becoming everything Lucasfilm should have been if Lucas didn't get bored in the late 80s.

Last edited:
I've watched the first 4 seasons and loved it so far. Big fan! Going to watch S5 soon. Just trying to spread out my shows. Interesting news about Alex. I wonder if that is in the novels?

Haven’t read the novels but want to. Think Alex’s death had more to do with this:

Never in a million years would I have thought I'd enjoy a show centered around Loki, but it's turning out to be my favorite Marvel film/tv show. Marvel Studios is becoming everything Lucasfilm should have been if Lucas didn't get bored in the late 80s.
And to think, Marvel has done more with a tree, a raccoon, god of mischief, 2 regular assassins, and others than what DC has done with Superman, Batman, and even Wonder Woman after that last movie that blew chunks.

No, it is not. Alex is in all the books I believe. Apparently the actor that plays him was accused of sexual harassment, and he got canned.

Edit, just saw Roy's post with the article.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Just watched Black Widow last night and have to say it was extremely entertaining. Clearly scenes where you just laugh at the possibility of them actually happening(then again its all fantasy anyway). Just thought it was very well done and a good story

Just watched Black Widow last night and have to say it was extremely entertaining. Clearly scenes where you just laugh at the possibility of them actually happening(then again its all fantasy anyway). Just thought it was very well done and a good story
Thats good to hear. No spoilers but hope it was a good send off for Black Widow.

Did it make sense, MCU wise?

Deciding to watch it at the theaters or on Disney Ploose.

The Hulk has never been the same since taking those anger management courses.

And to think, Marvel has done more with a tree, a raccoon, god of mischief, 2 regular assassins, and others than what DC has done with Superman, Batman, and even Wonder Woman after that last movie that blew chunks.
Social Justice Warrior themed movies in DC and Star Wars universes never workout because they become a part of the main plot. If the director wants to add his views they need to be more subtle. Like in Avengers: Endgame with the girl power moment, it works as they fight for the gauntlet.

Not like Star Wars the Last Jedi or WW II where it was constant SJW movement after SJW movement. People don't go to these movies to be lectured to, they want to escape real life for two hours in fantasy. IMO DC and Star Wars chose horrible directors looking for the movement of the day to carry the movie. They've looked for critics support hoping that would propel the movies' but with the fans who count it's backfired horribly.

Last edited:
DC just wrote some of the most BS stories possible that had NOTHING to do with what happened in other movies. They handled their universe with only HOW MUCH MONEY THAT ONE MOVIE WILL MAKE instead of playing the long game and make billions by connecting all of these stories together. Doesn’t help that Joss Weedon damm near torpedoes the whole universe with one shot ( his putrid Justice League remake).

Thats good to hear. No spoilers but hope it was a good send off for Black Widow.

Yes it makes sense but doesn't really add anything.

Guess it’s time for Loki Episode 5 talk lol…
Since I'm a physics guy that is a sucker for speculation about time travel and the changing of timelines, "Loki" has been the most entertaining storyline of the MCU to me so far. Having the existence of a TVA built around my favorite character who is simultaneously entertaining and a total dick, this was always going to be a slam dunk.
Great conversations about the storyline, Easter Eggs and the ramifications of it all to the MCU are pretty solid here...
ScreenRant on "Loki"

Yes it made sense to complete her story and tie in with episodes that led to infinity war and endgame. It was worth watching IMO and sets up some other series too

looks like they are trying to bring in a younger generation to carry the torch for future marvel universe

Reactions: tico brown
Yes it made sense to complete her story and tie in with episodes that led to infinity war and endgame. It was worth watching IMO and sets up some other series too

looks like they are trying to bring in a younger generation to carry the torch for future marvel universe
Looks like they’re setting up the Young Avengers with Black Widows sister, Antman’s daughter, Hawkeye’s daughter, Scarlet Witch’s sons, Isaiah Bradley’s grandson, etc along with “Jersey City’s” Ms Marvel, and Monica Rambeau. Don’t know if Tony Stark’s daughter or Riri Williams (probably an MIT student who got that grant that Starks gave everyone in Infinity War) will take up the Ironman/Ironheart role.

Reactions: RUBlackout
I would say this 360 lb Alabama O-lineman is some kind of superhero.

I was never really into the MCU. but my son really is. I took him to see Black Widow and I have to say that I was really impressed. The special effects and action was amazing. So, having seen all the movies and knowing all the stories is not a requirement to enjoy the movie. It stands by itself. However, I plan to watch the MCU movies I missed now.

Here’s a list of the MCU movies if you want to watch it in chronological order. If you include the Disney Plus series, watch:

Loki after the first Avengers movie
WandaVision and The Falcoln and the Winter Soldier after Endgame.

Reactions: tico brown
NO SPOILERS ON LOKI SEASON FINALE (yes there will be a Season 2). But all of this started because the Mark Ruffalo Hulk had a hissy fit for taking the stairs!!!!!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Reactions: LBusDoor90
Next up, is What If...? and Shang Chi. Then we get The Eternals and Spiderman movies later this year. Also in the fall we get hawkeye and ms marvel series.

New What If...? trailer came out today:

Psyched for this. My kids and I played What If? on the beach last week - thinking up all kinds of crazy topics and combos. Even crossed different Disney properties. Like:

What if Iron Man’s suit was made of pudding?
What if Hulk really hated purple pants?
What if the title of Groot‘s autobiography was: ”I am NOT Groot!”
What if the Mandalorian was a Dentist? “This is the way....to properly floss!”

I loved the original What If? series from the 70s. It was a bunch of cool one-shots. Comics being comics, it has come back in various forms since then. If you haven’t looked them up and you want a deeper dive into Marvel, please do. You can find them here: https://readcomiconline.li/Comic/What-If-1977

This was one of my favorites:

Vz-YnSuXa-BLQ5zogenZtB3UEp8xssgz5KebmItsfT6lSMVlYH0GI5O2ak37UEAjLo-BT6ug6Mgsjg=s1600

After today’s Loki Finale, everything and ANYTHING goes and is on the table for the MCU. That was one of the most cliffhangerish cliffhangers in the history of cliffhangers lol.

Well done!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT