ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football Conference Championship Games Thread 12/1-12/2 Fri-Sat

Been sort or screaming this in the other thread. Could an undefeated FSU be picked over Bama? Sure. But the idea FSU is "definitely" in with a win, even if lackluster? I'll have what they're having.
I think it’s quite possible FSU gets in with a win but I wouldn’t bank on it.

IMO FSU can’t get higher than a 4th seed even if they do get in. I think they can be leaped over by 1 loss teams. In the initial CFP an undefeated FSU was seeded 3rd behind 1 loss teams.

I would keep Texas in over Alabama if I had a vote. Same record, head to head win on their field. That matters to me.

I would vote Michigan, Washington, FSU if they win, Texas, Alabama if FSU loses.

Can Iowa pull off some more of their defensive magic? I have my doubts.
Season 3 Smiling GIF by The Simpsons

Assuming Michigan wins I’d say it goes
1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Alabama

I think the chance FSU has for sneaking in at 4 is if they demolish Louisville.

Everyone has their opinion so we’ll have to see but it’s been a fun championship weekend and the potential chaos is part of the fun.

Reactions: shields
If fsu wins and gets left out because their best conf win was a 3 loss Clemson, the screaming about getting out of the acc will shatter windows.
This times a million. And FSU would be right to be pissed. But it's becoming a two league world. If you consider UT the SEC and Wash and Oregon as BIG already, FSU is the only outsider. Already the top of the sport is basically only BIG or SEC.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Michigan wants to receive first. That's different. Oh they put their defense on first after all.

Michigan with the big soecial teams play, returned inside the 5

They convert 10-0 Michigan, Iowa gets a taste of their on STs medicine

This times a million. And FSU would be right to be pissed. But it's becoming a two league world. If you consider UT the SEC and Wash and Oregon as BIG already, FSU is the only outsider. Already the top of the sport is basically only BIG or SEC.
Well next year with the expansion to 12, all conf champs will likely get in. It would take 2 G5s to be ranked higher than a P4 to keep them out.

Seeding is the only thing that could be affected but not qualification of the champ.

Well next year with the expansion to 12, all conf champs will likely get in. It would take 2 G5s to be ranked higher than a P4 to keep them out.

Seeding is the only thing that could be affected but not qualification of the champ.
True but it's all about recruiting. And the 'at large' bids will be dominated by the two leagues.

This is why injuries are taken into account by the committee. FSU not making its case so far in this game. Up 3-0 on Louisville.

Multiple TVs ?

Espn plus ??

Delaware at Montana on espn plus decent snow early on ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Brutal fumble for Iowa. Gifted incredible field position. Can’t come up empty on those opportunities.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT