ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football Games Thread 10/10-10/12 Thurs-Sat

It was planned so I won’t call it completely luck. I’m guessing the kicker must be practicing directing his kick right at a player and so it wasn’t just a fluke. Lanning said it was intentional after the game but you could kinda tell by the sideline reactions.

He’s a big time gambler on the sidelines for better or worse and that was an example of it.

One thing I read which didn’t even occur to me was the 12 men on the field penalty may have been intentional. It gives them help up top to prevent OSU from getting into FG range on a big play. Worse case they make a big play against the 12 and decline the penalty. If they don’t you get penalized but it only costs you 5 yards and 4 precious secs go off the clock. Also it was after a timeout I believe so that would be sort of an egregious mistake if they didn’t do it on purpose to prevent a big play and getting into FG range. I sometimes lament Lanning’s gambling ways but if the 12 men penalty story is true that’s pretty genius.
Lanning confirmed the intentional 12 men on the field penalty as well. Genius move then....chess not checkers. I wouldn't be surprised if a rule change comes because of it.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT