ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Games Thread 12/2-12/3 Championship Weekend

This will be so much easier in a couple of years. Screw sitting home waving a resume. Win your conference & move on.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
This will be so much easier in a couple of years. Screw sitting home waving a resume. Win your conference & move on.
KSU and Utah would not have only played their way in, but either 1 or both could have gotten a bye too depending on the Clemson game outcome.

Alabama should not be in then that is for sure. They lost to #7 and #14 (both 2 loss teams) while beating #20 and #24. Best guess from such limited data is they are a team that should be around #15-19. No evidence otherwise other than name on the uniform, etc. OSU only loss was to #2 so has a much better resume than the fighting sabans.
Agree. Bama is a no no

I think tcu goes to 4

Reactions: wisr01
OSU should get in but people think for sure it’ll be at 3 passing over TCU and bumping TCU down to 4.

That could happen but it’s recency bias imo. If you look at the full resume for the season, TCU compares favorably to OSU and can stay at 3 imo.
Their conference is weak, not sure how their record compares to be honest. I think tcu gets lit up against mich, osu, GA,

Reactions: cicero grimes
Their conference is weak, not sure how their record compares to be honest. I think tcu gets lit up against mich, osu, GA,
Actually IIRC, the ESPN CFP show said TCU’s SOS was better than OSU’s and Alabama’s going into the champ games.

Actually IIRC, the ESPN CFP show said TCU’s SOS was better than OSU’s and Alabama’s going into the champ games.
Stop, just stop. You can cite all the stats u want but they are not transitive. Neither team played defense today, 2 solid hits all game and soft slow play. GA, osu, mich is lighting them up.

My mistake it was better SOS than UGA and Michigan. But it’s comparable to OSU just one spot behind. Found a tweet that gave the stats from the ESPN CFP show.

I don't know if its ignorance or just wanting to be a troll but some people don't even get simple facts right. Ugh
Anyway Georgia LSU is an example of the new playoff system. The difference between the top 4 and the rest is miles apart.

Reactions: fluoxetine
Nobody is touching GA this year
Might as well just give them the trophy and avoid injuries

Stop, just stop. You can cite all the stats u want but they are not transitive. Neither team played defense today, 2 solid hits all game and soft slow play. GA, osu, mich is lighting them up.
UGA yes. Michigan probably too. OSU, I wouldn’t say for sure. Texas can be a very tough hard hitting physical team and they were toe to toe with them in that game on physicality.

Tulane in close one with UCF. 31-28 Tulane.

Fresno up 28-16 on Boise in Boise 3 min left.

60yd TD reception with a bunch of YAC…Tulane back up 10…38-28

Another TD drive for Tulane after the turnover on downs. It’s over now. I think Tulane was like -3 in TOs too. Good job Willie Fritz. 11 win season and AAC title and NY6 bowl. 45-28 Tulane

Last edited:
Everyone's rooting for Purdue, right?

We don't want another boring blue bloods in the CFP?
Plus we could end up with 2 teams from the same conference (UM, OSU) and e everyone hates that.

Reactions: Knight Shift

Plus we could end up with 2 teams from the same conference (UM, OSU) and e everyone hates that.
No we want big teams

Hello no. Michigan and Ohio State would put 2 teams in the playoffs. Why do you want Michigan to lose??

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Hello no. Michigan and Ohio State would put 2 teams in the playoffs. Why do you want Michigan to lose??

I thought everyone hated and didn't think it was fair for 2 conference teams (for example Georgia and Alabama last year) to be in the CFP?

Right. We only want 2 boring blue bloods from the same conference if it's the SEC

Reactions: Knight Shift
You and knightshift are full on retarded and very shortsided in this view

What's shortsided?

I don't care about Georgia/Alabama last year and don't care about UM/OSU.
Make 3 teams from the same conference - if they are the best teams.

I would say "full on retarded" is crying and moaning about bias and unfair outcomes then completely changing the tune when it benefits the Big Ten or Rutgers.
But maybe that's my integrity getting in the way?

You and knightshift are full on retarded and very shortsided in this view
He’s not saying it seriously, he’s being sarcastic. When it’s the SEC getting two in a lot of people say it’s biased or not right but if it’s the B10 it’s okay. That’s his point.

I think the B10 will get two in regardless of the outcome of the B10 champ game.

Reactions: NickRU714
He’s not saying it seriously, he’s being sarcastic. When it’s the SEC getting two in a lot of people say it’s biased or not right but if it’s the B10 it’s okay. That’s his point.

I think the B10 will get two in regardless of the outcome of the B10 champ game.
Not only that but it looks like a Michigan OSU rematch in the first game…for the right to get crushed by Georgia

What's shortsided?

I would say "full on retarded" is crying and moaning about bias and unfair outcomes then completely changing the tune when it benefits the Big Ten or Rutgers.
I think there is some SEC bias and I do root against the SEC because I don’t want to see the same teams but if they have a resume’ worthy of it I live with it.

Anyhow that’s life in general, if something benefits others people don’t always like it but if it benefits themselves it’s okay lol. It is what it is.

Reactions: NickRU714
Tulane in close one with UCF. 31-28 Tulane.

Fresno up 28-16 on Boise in Boise 3 min left.

60yd TD reception with a bunch of YAC…Tulane back up 10…38-28

Another TD drive for Tulane after the turnover on downs. It’s over now. I think Tulane was like -3 in TOs too. Good job Willie Fritz. 11 win season and AAC title and NY6 bowl. 45-28 Tulane
Wonder if Cal regrets firing Tedford for one very bad season in 2012 after becoming their winningest coach. They went 7-6 the year before and made it to a bowl. There were other issues such as the lowest graduation rate in the PAC 12, but still:

2002California7–54–4T–4th
2003California8–65–3T–3rdW Insight
2004California10–27–12ndL Holiday99
2005California8–44–4T–4thW Las Vegas2525
2006California10–37–2T–1stW Holiday1414
2007California7–63–6T–7thW Armed Forces
2008California9–46–34thW Emerald25
2009California8–55–4T–5thL Poinsettia
2010California5–73–68th
2011California7–64–54th (North)L Holiday
2012California3–92–75th (North)
California:82–5750–45

This is after taking over a program that went 1-10 in 2001, had not had a winning season since 1993 and had only won 29 games on the field since then, including only 18 wins in Pac-10 play.

He's done well at Fresno State too, with one bad season in four seasons.

2017Fresno State10–47–11st (West)W Hawaii
2018Fresno State12–27–11st (West)W Las Vegas1818
2019Fresno State4–82–6T–4th (West)
Fresno State Bulldogs (Mountain West Conference) (2022–present)
2022Fresno State9–47–11st (West)
Fresno State:35–1823–9

Reactions: redking
What's shortsided?

But maybe that's my integrity getting in the way?
That guy using the "r" word as an insult and "shortsided" in the same sentence:

Spider-Man Reaction GIF

Not only that but it looks like a Michigan OSU rematch in the first game…for the right to get crushed by Georgia
IMO, these are the two scenarios.

Things stay as they are with TCU 3 and OSU 4 or OSU moves to 3rd and TCU to 4th. If Michigan loses who passes them? TCU lost and they beat #5 OSU on the road without their best player. To me, Michigan stays at 2 win or lose. I think TCU can stay at 3 even but that’s not as certain.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT