ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Games Thread 12/2-12/3 Championship Weekend

This will be so much easier in a couple of years. Screw sitting home waving a resume. Win your conference & move on.
You won’t have to win your conference. Maybe finish 3rd or 4th and you might be in. A whole lot heck of a lot easier.

Anyone who thinks “resume” days are over better think again. But, instead of maybe teams being looked at, you’ll have a handful(+?).

IMO, these are the two scenarios.

Things stay as they are with TCU 3 and OSU 4 or OSU moves to 3rd and TCU to 4th. If Michigan loses who passes them? TCU lost and they beat #5 OSU on the road without their best player. To me, Michigan stays at 2 win or lose. I think TCU can stay at 3 even but that’s not as certain.
No way tcu stays 3

Wonder if DJU transfers next year now that it seems like Cade Klubnik era might be underway at Clemson.

Clemson up 21-7 at UNC

Edwards in beast mode again. A couple nice moves to avoid tackles and get some big runs.

Wonder if DJU transfers next year now that it seems like Cade Klubnik era might be underway at Clemson.

Clemson up 21-7 at UNC
Clemson looks like a completely different team with Klubnik. If they put him in earlier in the season they would be in the playoffs.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
Quick scan this morning and no real sign of anyone clamoring for Alabama to be in over TCU. The only real question is does TCU stay at 3 or move to 4. I think they fall to 4 setting up a Michigan/Ohio state rematch.

Quick scan this morning and no real sign of anyone clamoring for Alabama to be in over TCU. The only real question is does TCU stay at 3 or move to 4. I think they fall to 4 setting up a Michigan/Ohio state rematch.
Going into yesterday's game, it was mostly anticlimactic in terms of who was getting in. Only a TCU blowout might have opened the door a little, even then not for sure.

UGA was getting in win or lose. Michigan was getting in win or lose. OSU was getting in after USC lost on Friday. TCU was likely getting in as long as it wasn't a blowout loss.

Seeding is the only question.
1. UGA 2. MIchigan 3. TCU 4. OSU IMO is the likely outcome but not a guarantee

1. UGA 2. Michigan 3. OSU 4. TCU is the alternative, I don't see Alabama getting in

We'll find out around noon where everyone is going.

The CFP doesn’t always mirror the AP poll but I think it likely will in regards to the top 4, but we'll see.

Last edited:
Well there you go TCU stays at 3 and all the drama is over lol, but it was pretty much expected.

1. UGA 2. Michigan 3. TCU 4. OSU

Well there you go TCU stays at 3 and all the drama is over lol, but it was pretty much expected.

1. UGA 2. Michigan 3. TCU 4. OSU
I didn't want to ruin the surprise but a few mins after 12 Fanduel had the games up with odds and everything. I think GA -6.5 and Mich -9.5 to open.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
I didn't want to ruin the surprise but a few mins after 12 Fanduel had the games up with odds and everything. I think GA -6.5 and Mich -9.5 to open.
I don't know that you even needed that. I thought it was quite likely since yesterday but just not a guarantee because you never know with the committee.

Going into yesterday's games, it was fairly anticlimactic as far as who was getting in. A TCU blowout loss might have been the only thing that might have upset the applecart of who got in.

I hope they end up being good games.

So officially CCG don't matter?
When has a team lost a game and not dropped even 1 spot in the rankings?

So officially CCG don't matter?
When has a team lost a game and not dropped even 1 spot in the rankings?
In 2019, both Baylor and Wisconsin didn’t drop.

Deciding the top 4 is a whole lot less complaint inducing than the 11/12 will be.

shocked, shocked they stay at 3 as I thought 4 but I guess they want better matchups maybe

ADVERTISEMENT