ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Games Thread 12/2-12/3 Championship Weekend

Kendre Miller is a good RB but you have Super Duggan get you down there and keep you in this game with a Herculean effort so why not ride the horse that kept you in it.

Good job Chris Klieman. 10 win season and B12 title. Just like Utah, you don’t have to be a blue blood to have respectable or better accomplishments. It can be done, no reason to lose hope.

Reactions: MADHAT1 and sct1111
Lots of mediocre teams this year
Georgia is only dominant team I've seen all year but not as dominant as last year so nothing is a lock

This is why no team not making it into the C onf. Championship should get into this year's playoffs.
Two guaranteed teams lose. Undefeated and play the championship game and lose in OT and you could get passed by a two loss team not even playing? GTFOH.
Two loss Bama not even playing better not get any consideration.

great game...KState shows what a good coach, serviceable QB and system that plays to their strengths can do...wonder how Nebraska feels about Martinez..

Reactions: Knight Shift
This is why no team not making it into the C onf. Championship should get into this year's playoffs.
Two guaranteed teams lose. Undefeated and play the championship game and lose in OT and you could get passed by a two loss team not even playing? GTFOH.
I agree.... But really think that the committee will look at OSU and bump up past USC given the beat down last night. .

Those pushing for Bama to supplement TCU will say Bama's 2 losses were by 1 and 3 points to top 10 teams on the road..

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
I agree.... But really think that the committee will look at OSU and bump up past USC given the beat down last night. .

Those pushing for Bama to supplement TCU will say Bama's 2 losses were by 1 and 3 points to top 10 teams on the road..
And TCUs loss was by 3 in OT vs. #10 KSU. .
So TCU shouldn't have played the extra game? ( and that's not to you. Just talking out loud).

Reactions: rutgersguy1

Conference Championships don't matter until 2024.

• Haha
KSU did what it takes and the Deuce came through for them.
But Duggan's heart is what made TCU a winner even though it lost , in my opinion
Hopefully the Horn Frogs will be in the playoffs, they played a good game against a good team, just came up short going for a TD instead of settling for FG.

And TCUs loss was by 3 in OT vs. #10 KSU. .
So TCU shouldn't have played the extra game? ( and that's not to you. Just talking out loud).
I’m sure the committee took note of the way TCU lost and the egregiously incompetent officiating that adversely affected the outcome.

So, TCU at 12-1 (and not a conf champ) is completely ruled out of the top 4 but tOSU (and Alabama) are ruled in .. even though TCU has a better record? How does that square?

Well - I guess we can think of it like this .. the CFP just wings it and hopes no one will notice. For all of the announcers (go Herbie go!) saying that Alabama's losses are by a combined 4 points on the road, well .. TCU's one loss is by 3 points in a neutral site. TCU has 1 loss and Alabama has 2.

So, TCU at 12-1 (and not a conf champ) is completely ruled out of the top 4 but tOSU (and Alabama) are ruled in .. even though TCU has a better record? How does that square?

Well - I guess we can think of it like this .. the CFP just wings it and hopes no one will notice. For all of the announcers (go Herbie go!) saying that Alabama's losses are by a combined 4 points on the road, well .. TCU's one loss is by 3 points in a neutral site. TCU has 1 loss and Alabama has 2.

1 loss OSU, and to the conference champ, does not put TCU at risk. 2 loss SEC Alabama does.

Reactions: BeantownKnight
Does LSU not have a special teams coach?

What The Wtf GIF by Justin

Terrific game by both KSU and TCU. Duggan has a ton of heart. Dykes rolled the dice a lot this year and finally crapped out. I think you kick the three and play D. It will be interesting to see what the committee does with TCU now. If they move them down to 4 and put OSU up to 3, they kind of screw UM by requiring them to beat their rival in consecutive games. If they keep them at three they are essentially saying you get a pass if you lose your conference championship game by a small margin. If they move them out and move Bama and OSU up the conspiracy theories about the influence of TV and the two big conferences will be heard all month.
As much fun as the TCU ride was this season, I think they shot their bolt. I don't think they match up very well against Georgia or Michigan, who both have better athletes on both sides of the ball. They probably end up like Cinncy did last year against Bama. It will never happen but a Georgia - OSU, UM - Bama playoff would be a conference death match and a great month of B1G vs. SEC talk.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Terrific game by both KSU and TCU. Duggan has a ton of heart. Dykes rolled the dice a lot this year and finally crapped out. I think you kick the three and play D. It will be interesting to see what the committee does with TCU now. If they move them down to 4 and put OSU up to 3, they kind of screw UM by requiring them to beat their rival in consecutive games. If they keep them at three they are essentially saying you get a pass if you lose your conference championship game by a small margin. If they move them out and move Bama and OSU up the conspiracy theories about the influence of TV and the two big conferences will be heard all month.
As much fun as the TCU ride was this season, I think they shot their bolt. I don't think they match up very well against Georgia or Michigan, who both have better athletes on both sides of the ball. They probably end up like Cinncy did last year against Bama. It will never happen but a Georgia - OSU, UM - Bama playoff would be a conference death match and a great month of B1G vs. SEC talk.
I think TCU has a shot to stay where they are at 3. TCU has wins against top 10 KSU who might pass PSU and Texas. OSU has wins against ND (ranked behind Texas) and PSU (could end up being ranked behind KSU). Their 1 loss in in OT by 3 to top 10 KSU, OSU got beat bad at home to #2 Michigan without their best player.

Given that I think TCU could stay right where they are.

Good post. I think they go ga,um, osu, tcu

Reactions: cicero grimes
I think TCU has a shot to stay where they are at 3. TCU has wins against top 10 KSU who might pass PSU and Texas. OSU has wins against ND (ranked behind Texas) and PSU (could end up being ranked behind KSU). Their 1 loss in in OT by 3 to top 10 KSU, OSU got beat bad at home to #2 Michigan without their best player.

Given that I think TCU could stay right where they are.
Stay??? They just lost to #11 team. They are lucky if they stay at 4

I just gave you the resumes. They compare favorably for TCU. Doesn’t mean it will happen but I could see it happening.

KSU is 10 and likely to move up a couple spots and possibly in front of PSU.

Alabama should not be in then that is for sure. They lost to #7 and #14 (both 2 loss teams) while beating #20 and #24. Best guess from such limited data is they are a team that should be around #15-19. No evidence otherwise other than name on the uniform, etc. OSU only loss was to #2 so has a much better resume than the fighting sabans.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Alabama should not be in then that is for sure. They lost to #7 and #14 (both 2 loss teams) while beating #20 and #24. Best guess from such limited data is they are a team that should be around #15-19. No evidence otherwise other than name on the uniform, etc. OSU only loss was to #2 so has a much better resume than the fighting sabans.
OSU should get in but people think for sure it’ll be at 3 passing over TCU and bumping TCU down to 4.

That could happen but it’s recency bias imo. If you look at the full resume for the season, TCU compares favorably to OSU and can stay at 3 imo.

ADVERTISEMENT