ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New Happy Valley/Sandusky Documentary on Netflix

Whether you believe it or not, you are embarrassing yourself with the way you are talking. There is no point in trying to have a meaningful conversation with you or the other couple of people who are talking like children about the situation. You are using pedophilia to have a "good laugh"... that's pretty disgusting. I just want to remind you that the PSU fans here did nothing wrong which is why your hateful rhetoric is childish and embarrassing.

Good day sir.
Show me where I'm laughing at the vile crimes committed by Sandusky. I stated Ped St should have been punished by at least a 4-yr program death penalty for letting that vile animal run loose on the Ped campus. I would be ashamed to be a parent sending my kids to that school. Fwiw I considered PSU myself back in the day-thankfully the RU baseball coach at the time (Bolger) convinced me to stay home at RU. It's the ped peanut gallery's nasty yet idiotic attacks on any negative comments about the Sandusky cover-up that make dopes like you a laughingstock.

Show me where I'm laughing at the vile crimes committed by Sandusky. I stated Ped St should have been punished by at least a 4-yr program death penalty for letting that vile animal run loose on the Ped campus. I would be ashamed to be a parent sending my kids to that school. Fwiw I considered PSU myself back in the day-thankfully the RU baseball coach at the time (Bolger) convinced me to stay home at RU. It's the ped peanut gallery's nasty yet idiotic attacks on any negative comments about the Sandusky cover-up that make dopes like you a laughingstock.
You are using the scandal to demean people who had nothing to do with it. Calling PSU alumni/fans "Ped" is about as childish as it gets. You are damn near giddy talking about the scandal in this thread. It's sad and pathetic and we both know that you would not say the same things to a PSU alumni/fan face to face.

You are using the scandal to demean people who had nothing to do with it. Calling PSU alumni/fans "Ped" is about as childish as it gets. You are damn near giddy talking about the scandal in this thread. It's sad and pathetic and we both know that you would not say the same things to a PSU alumni/fan face to face.
If your school/alumni had a sense of self-respect it/they would have a forced a self-imposed multi-year shutdown of the FB program. I'll say that to your face anytime tough guy. Ped St is what you've earned buddy.

If your school/alumni had a sense of self-respect it/they would have a forced a self-imposed multi-year shutdown of the FB program. I'll say that to your face anytime tough guy. Ped St is what you've earned buddy.
Sorry, but that is idiotic and it's not going to happen. And I am positive that you wouldn't call me a Ped to my face or any other PSU fan's face. Outside of it being a woefully inaccurate description of who I am, it is a pathetic representation of you as an individual. So congrats on looking like a fool.

getmyjive is a classy, respectful, apologetic and informative visitor…attacking him is embarrassing.
I'm not supporting getmyjive's position, I'm supporting the fact he's a good man and a valued asset to our board.

Reactions: VA_Lion and PSUPALY
Sorry, but that is idiotic and it's not going to happen. And I am positive that you wouldn't call me a Ped to my face or any other PSU fan's face. Outside of it being a woefully inaccurate description of who I am, it is a pathetic representation of you as an individual. So congrats on looking like a fool.
Knock off the internet tough guy act, talk about looking like a fool. You are right that I would not call every PSU fan I know a "Ped". I have colleagues and acquaintances that are PSU grads. They however are very embarrassed by the cover-up and don't insult or attack those of the opinion that their school deserved a much harsher punishment.

getmyjive is a classy, respectful, apologetic and informative visitor…attacking him is embarrassing.
I'm not supporting getmyjive's position, I'm supporting the fact he's a good man and a valued asset to our board.

Good post and getmyjive along with a few other Nit visitors deserve to be treated differently than the B & W trolls that infest this board .
We can disagree with the good Nits , without personal attacks .

I can understand when insults start flying , even respectable visitors from other boards lash out in defense of themselves.
So I won't hold that against them when it happens, if someone points that out in a look what he/she did
accusation trying to prove troll like behavior..

Knock off the internet tough guy act, talk about looking like a fool. You are right that I would not call every PSU fan I know a "Ped". I have colleagues and acquaintances that are PSU grads. They however are very embarrassed by the cover-up and don't insult or attack those of the opinion that their school deserved a much harsher punishment.
Just to clarify, I have not insulted you at all for you believing that PSU deserved a greater punishment than they received (although I disagree). My issue is with the vile comments that you and some others have had for Penn State fans/alumni merely because they have an association with Penn State.

Good post and getmyjive along with a few other Nit visitors deserve to be treated differently than the B & W trolls that infest this board .

I can understand when insults start flying , even respectable visitors from other boards lash out in defense of themselves.
So I won't hold that against them when it happens, if someone points that out in a look what he/she did
[thumb2][cheers]

zappaa said:
It will take at least 4-5 years before the Nits and Knights show they can have a rivalry like that and the smack talk will be more about the upcoming game than what happens off the field years ago.
Not saying it won't creep into the conversation, but football will dominate the smack talk (hopefully) once a rivalry is established. That would be so cool, the current players and staff have zero association with the heinous acts that took place there.

Sorry to inform you about this, Zap, but the current PSU administration "bridged the gap" to the Sandusky era through their shameful extortion of the NCAA to get JoePa's victories restored and the sanctions lifted.

I suppose that this guy has some sort of agenda huh? Maybe it is simply that he doesn't like folks who cover up for pedophiles? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSBVO6rU57A

Just to inform you GSGS the statement Zap said there , you replied to, was taken from my post Zap replied to and I truly believe
if a rivalry is established between the Nits and Knights, the cover-up won't play as big of a role in the smack talk between the fans , as it does now.

In rive years he role of Penn St's leaders in getting the NCAA punishment changed will not be a major part of trash talk between the fanbases as much as football will be .in my opinion , if there is a heated rivalery going between the FB teams .
The cover-up must never be forgotten and should be brought up when talking about off field issues, but when it comes to on the field play: I think
the games between schools will be the main topic of discussion ( in 4-5 years) if their is a good ( Backyard Brawl type) rivalry going between PSU & RU in football .

5 years from now if our annual PSU game evolves into a fun, trash talking, heated yet respectful rivalry...GSGS will still makes sure he shows up with his Sandusky tee shirt on.

5 years from now if our annual PSU game evolves into a fun, trash talking, heated yet respectful rivalry...GSGS will still makes sure he shows up with his Sandusky tee shirt on.

I know I'll be wearing mine. This was enabling serial child abuse....not a couple of underage drinkers or shoplifters. It's the kind of stain that never goes away.
On second thought, I'll believe it can "go away" when all of the young men victimized by Sandusky and his enablers say it should be forgotten.

Go back and re-read the crazy Cultists posts-they started with the insults and personal attacks so get your story straight Mad before preaching here. I think getjive got into it late and caught up in the rancor.

I hope I was clear in calling "Peds" those that do the insulting and attacking of others that feel like speaking out about the Sandusky cover-up. If not, I do apologize. Hey it's an RU football forum filled with high testosterone. In the real world today innocent people are getting slaughtered and Iran is still building nukes so I'm ok with closing out on this thread.

I know I'll be wearing mine. This was enabling serial child abuse....not a couple of underage drinkers or shoplifters. It's the kind of stain that never goes away.
On second thought, I'll believe it can "go away" when all of the young men victimized by Sandusky and his enablers say it should be forgotten.
You should probably be made at the individuals that allowed this to happen and not PSU fans at large. Those individuals are either dead (if you implicate Paterno as an enabler) or are no longer at the University. Screaming to the PSU community at large that we are somehow complicit in this is completely unfair. Every single person from PSU that you talk to had absolutely nothing to do with the scandal. We don't need any sort of lesson from you on how child molestation is bad.

You should probably be made at the individuals that allowed this to happen and not PSU fans at large. Those individuals are either dead (if you implicate Paterno as an enabler) or are no longer at the University. Screaming to the PSU community at large that we are somehow complicit in this is completely unfair. Every single person from PSU that you talk to had absolutely nothing to do with the scandal. We don't need any sort of lesson from you on how child molestation is bad.
If Sandusky happened at RU not only would those in charge be fired, they assuredly would be in jail by now. And the outcry from RU community/NJ/NY media, et al would force a program shutdown for years, if not forever. We'd likely be begging to get back into the Big East BB conference.

If Sandusky happened at RU not only would those in charge be fired, they assuredly would be in jail by now. And the outcry from RU community/NJ/NY media, et al would force a program shutdown for years, if not forever. We'd likely be begging to get back into the Big East BB conference.
I guarantee you that Rutgers would not be shutting down it's entire athletic department because of an event like this. And before you say "I just said the football program!!", you should aknowledge that the football program pays for everything else (or at least a portion of it at Rutgers). It's simply not a realistic option.

I guarantee you that Rutgers would not be shutting down it's entire athletic department because of an event like this. And before you say "I just said the football program!!", you should aknowledge that the football program pays for everything else (or at least a portion of it at Rutgers). It's simply not a realistic option.
I did say we'd be begging to get back into the Big East for bb which pays the bills for those schools' smaller athletic departments. I guarantee that RU Football would be shut down for some years at least.

" We don't need any sort of lesson from you on how child molestation is bad."

Apparently you do.
The people who currently try to downplay what happened to those young men and how disgustingly immoral all of those representing PSU who looked the other way were are definitely in need of educating.

Go back and re-read the crazy Cultists posts-they started with the insults and personal attacks so get your story straight Mad before preaching here. I think getjive got into it late and caught up in the rancor.

I hope I was clear in calling "Peds" those that do the insulting and attacking of others that feel like speaking out about the Sandusky cover-up. If not, I do apologize. Hey it's an RU football forum filled with high testosterone. In the real world today innocent people are getting slaughtered and Iran is still building nukes so I'm ok with closing out on this thread.

You consider my posting : "getmyjive along with a few other Nit visitors deserve to be treated differently than the B & W trolls that infest this board" is wrong to say ?
Or we can disagree with the good Nits , without personal attacks . is preaching ?
Look at what I said and you will notice I wasn't speaking about the cult trolls when I asked for the good Nits be treated with respect..
I even implied those cult trolls should be treated different than the Nits that show respect here that we disagree on issues with .
If you think asking respect be shown to those who show it is preaching, you're just are taking it the wrong way and not the way I meant:
>Treat those who constantly show respect , with respect, even when you disagree<
I admit that could sound like preaching, but don't you think it's the best way to have an intelligent discussion with someone with a different viewpoint on an issue.

I believe you need to take another look at what I have said in this thread and when it comes to Nit trolls and cultist, I have a show no mercy attitude.
Just try not to carry that over when dealing with the decent Nits that come here , when I disagree with their opinion.

Last edited:
You consider my posting :> "getmyjive along with a few other Nit visitors deserve to be treated differently than the B & W trolls that infest this board .
We can disagree with the good Nits , without personal attacks ." < as preaching .? Ok , if you think asking respect be shown to those who show it is preaching, you're right!
Look at what I said and you will notice I wasn't speaking about the cult trolls when I asked for the good Nits be treated with respect..
I even implied those cult trolls should be treated different than the Nits that show respect here that we disagree on issues with .
If you think asking respect be shown to those who show it is preaching, you're right!

I believe you need to take another look at what I have said in this thread and when it comes to Nit trolls and cultist, I have a show no mercy attitude.
Just try not to carry that over when dealing with the decent Nits that come here , when I disagree with their opinion.
I think you whiffed on this line: "I can understand when insults start flying , even respectable visitors from other boards lash out in defense of themselves." The insults started from the Cult side, something you and Zapp seem to have overlooked. And I don't know what you're trying to say with being ok with insults when they're "...trying to prove troll like behavior.. " Maybe that last line is full of too many typos to make sense?

I think you whiffed on this line: "I can understand when insults start flying , even respectable visitors from other boards lash out in defense of themselves." The insults started from the Cult side, something you and Zapp seem to have overlooked. And I don't know what you're trying to say with being ok with insults when they're "...trying to prove troll like behavior.. " Maybe that last line is full of too many typos to make sense?

Who was the first one to start the insulting getmyjive or a known cult member .
Or was getmyjive personally attacked first because of the position he's taking.

Typos and all :I meant that even decent posters resort at times to insulting once thay have been insulted without cause because of their opinion on an issue..
If you consider getmyjive a troll like cjrugger, then you should consider my post in error.
But I feel he tried to discuss his opinion respectably ( even though I don't think it holds water) and started getting attacked, then lashed out
because of that.

Who was the first one to start the insulting getmyjive or a known cult member .
Or was getmyjive personally attacked first because of the position he's taking.

Typos and all :I meant that even decent posters resort at times to insulting once thay have been insulted without cause because of their opinion on an issue..
If you consider getmyjive a troll like cjrugger, then you should consider my post in error.
But I feel he tried to discuss his opinion respectably ( even though I don't think it holds water) and started getting attacked, then lashed out
because of that.
I'm fairly certain getmyjive jumped in and started with "you're foolish because you insult Ped" stuff well after the Cultists got the spin, trash talk and insults going. Maybe he should focus on the Cultists that make his school look bad first, just a thought.

Last edited:
Ok, I'll do the work for you

You do realize the response you keep quoting were in response to some ttfper suggesting ttfp must have told UVA something in order for them to move off Sandusky for HC.

So a ttfper suggests it.. people respond.. and then you use those responses to suggest that Rutgers fans are talking about it.

dishonest.. and not unexpected

I did say we'd be begging to get back into the Big East for bb which pays the bills for those schools' smaller athletic departments. I guarantee that RU Football would be shut down for some years at least.
It certainly would not. You have bills to pay outside of just the other athletic programs (like the stadium expansion). Shutting down the football program would get you kicked out of the Big Ten (which it looks like you realize considering your Big East comment) and I doubt any conference would see the value in adding you. The academic side would then bitch and moan about having to support athletics 100% and probably the state would get involved as well. And all of this is before pointing out that the board at Rutgers has a fiduciary duty to the University, and cutting a profit producing football program would likely be seen as an action going against those duties.

So the short answer is that suspending football is not a realistic option.

" We don't need any sort of lesson from you on how child molestation is bad."

Apparently you do.
The people who currently try to downplay what happened to those young men and how disgustingly immoral all of those representing PSU who looked the other way were are definitely in need of educating.

No one is downplaying what happened to those kids, get real. All of those who "looked the other way" are no longer with the University, so maybe you should go yell at them. The rest of us do not need a lesson.

It certainly would not. You have bills to pay outside of just the other athletic programs (like the stadium expansion). Shutting down the football program would get you kicked out of the Big Ten (which it looks like you realize considering your Big East comment) and I doubt any conference would see the value in adding you. The academic side would then bitch and moan about having to support athletics 100% and probably the state would get involved as well. And all of this is before pointing out that the board at Rutgers has a fiduciary duty to the University, and cutting a profit producing football program would likely be seen as an action going against those duties.

So the short answer is that suspending football is not a realistic option.
In the blink of an eye the press, politicians, etc. would call for the $36MM subsidy monies to be applied to any stadium debt, then add back whatever is actually spent on football operations to the paydown and football debt obligations and the football program would be gone. I now would bet that RU football would be forever closed down vs. a self-imposed suspension penalty. We better stay clean.

In the blink of an eye the press, politicians, etc. would call for the $36MM subsidy monies to be applied to any stadium debt, then add back whatever is actually spent on football operations to the paydown and football debt obligations and the football program would be gone. I now would bet that RU football would be forever closed down vs. a self-imposed suspension penalty. We better stay clean.
And the other programs that are currently being funded by the subsidy and football profits would be funded by....? Remember, the subsidy really doesn't fund the football program at all, it is used for the other sports.

If you wear a Sundusky tee shirt to an athletic event at RU while we're hosting PSU, If I saw you I'd try my best to tear it off you.

Last edited:
And the other programs that are currently being funded by the subsidy and football profits would be funded by....? Remember, the subsidy really doesn't fund the football program at all, it is used for the other sports.
Well we do agree on the phony subsidy red herring played-up in the press and by grandstanding politicians here. The focus would be on trying to make it work like the Big East conference bball-only schools. I'm not arguing with your financial rationale for it not making sense, but RU Football would not survive a Sandusky scandal if it hit anytime soon. Who knows 10-20 yrs from now when/if RU is an established money-making machine in the B1G; if so I'd still guarantee a self-imposed multi-year suspension would result.

Well we do agree on the phony subsidy red herring played-up in the press and by grandstanding politicians here. The focus would be on trying to make it work like the Big East conference bball-only schools. I'm not arguing with your financial rationale for it not making sense, but RU Football would not survive a Sandusky scandal if it hit anytime soon. Who knows 10-20 yrs from now when/if RU is an established money-making machine in the B1G; if so I'd still guarantee a self-imposed multi-year suspension would result.
I don't agree at all. Rutgers would never give up Big Ten membership for something that essentially would do nothing but harm the University.

You do realize the response you keep quoting were in response to some ttfper suggesting ttfp must have told UVA something in order for them to move off Sandusky for HC.

So a ttfper suggests it.. people respond.. and then you use those responses to suggest that Rutgers fans are talking about it.

dishonest.. and not unexpected
Pedder kjb was trying to slip in a suggestion but couldn't even pull off the phony spin. For all we know JokePa went to UVa for damage control when UVa started digging into the '98 molestation charges dropped by the idiot local DA. Then kjb slithered away whining.

I don't agree at all. Rutgers would never give up Big Ten membership for something that essentially would do nothing but harm the University.
Your school would survive a 2,3,4 yr football program shutdown, probably come back stronger by standing on principle.

getmyjive11 said:

Rutgers administration might not, but the Jersey politicians would use a major scandal like Penn St had to gain control of RU and the only way RU might stop that is by giving up FB and with that B1G membership
Penn St has a fan-base that has some powerful people in it and many who fight to the bitter end for the Nit FB program BECAUSE it's an important part of Penn St University.
Rutgers has a fan-base that isn't that powerful nor have politicians behind it like Penn St has.
The Rutgers Administration would fold quickly and the RU fan-base wouldn't fight for RU FB like the Nit fans did.

Penn St and its fans circles the wagons when attacked, The Rutgers Administration , NJ Politicians and some of its fans would burn those wagons down , claiming it's the right thing to do considering what happened.
getmyjive you don't seem to understand the level of non support RU receives from its Legislature , some of its fans and how some RU Professors are against RU FB being a big time program.
If a major scandal like the Penn St cover up happens at Rutgers, there would be a major push to end RU being in the B1G or even a major FB program and the anti-sports crowd would go all out to end big time FB at Rutgers while the local media fueled the flames so the program would burn down .

What Jersey's like, is a far cry from the way Pennsylvania is and any fight to save RU FB wouldn't have the support needed to keep it in the B1G.
There's a big difference between the support Penn St got and the type of support Rutgers would get.,
in my opinion.

Last edited:
Your school would survive a 2,3,4 yr football program shutdown, probably come back stronger by standing on principle.
We would have been kicked out of the Big Ten. Maybe we would eventually get in the ACC, but I don't think you understand the level of damage that would do to the university. And for what? What does shutting down the program achieve? To send a message that everyone already knows? It would be irresponsible and would be a violation of the BOT's fiduciary duties.

Zappaa, I would never wear a "Sandusky" tee shirt. Pedophile Supporters, maybe, Sandusky, no! For the billionth time, this is not about Sandusky, it is about a supposedly "holier than thou" institution that was so misguided about its priorities that it enabled a pedophile to destroy the lives of dozens of young men. That is the enduring legacy of Penn State football, and in the words of Keith Olbermann, it needs to be recognized for decades.

Reactions: RUKeystone
getmyjive11 said:

Rutgers administration might not, but the Jersey politicians would use a major scandal like Penn St had to gain control of RU and the only way RU might stop that is by giving up FB and with that B1G membership
Penn St has a fan-base that has some powerful people in it and many who fight to the bitter end for the Nit FB program BECAUSE it's an important part of Penn St University.
Rutgers has a fan-base that isn't that powerful nor have politicians behind it like Penn St has.
The Rutgers Administration would fold quickly and the RU fan-base wouldn't fight for RU FB like the Nit fans did.

Penn St and its fans circles the wagons when attacked, The Rutgers Administration , NJ Politicians and some of its fans would burn those wagons down , claiming it's the right thing to do considering what happened.
getmyjive you don't seem to understand the level of non support RU receives from its Legislature , some of its fans and how some RU Professors are against RU FB being a big time program.
If a major scandal like the Penn St cover up happens at Rutgers, there would be a major push to end RU being in the B1G or even a major FB program and the anti-sports crowd would go all out to end big time FB at Rutgers while the local media fueled the flames so the program would burn down .

What Jersey's like, is a far cry from the way Pennsylvania is and any fight to save RU FB wouldn't have the support needed to keep it in the B1G.
There's a big difference between the support Penn St got and the type of support Rutgers would get.,
in my opinion.

So you think that the State would intentionally damage an institution that it sends hundreds of millions of dollars to each year?

I understand that NJ doesn't support Rutgers like it should, but if the crap ever hit the fan, the University needs to do what is in the best interest of it's future.

Zappaa, I would never wear a "Sandusky" tee shirt. Pedophile Supporters, maybe, Sandusky, no! For the billionth time, this is not about Sandusky, it is about a supposedly "holier than thou" institution that was so misguided about its priorities that it enabled a pedophile to destroy the lives of dozens of young men. That is the enduring legacy of Penn State football, and in the words of Keith Olbermann, it needs to be recognized for decades.
How many of those people are still at Penn State?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT