ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Nightmare at 20000 feet

Top 5 Twilight Zone episode and maybe Shatners greatest acting job. On now. I cannot leave for work until it's over!! Rod Serving was the guy who created all those stoned stories that we could never remember when the substances wore off..:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That was one of my all time favorite Twilight Zones. Along with "To Serve Humans".

One of my Top 5 too. Three others that were great. Can't remember the titles.

Burgess Meredith, worked at a bank, and all he wanted to do was read books. Was in the vault at lunch, nuke strike. He is sole survivor. Goes to libray, gets a stack of books. Breaks his glasses on the steps. Phecked.

Guy with bomb shelter. Air raid warning. Goes into shelter with his family. Won't let his neighbors in. Turns out to be false alarm. Phecked.

Girl dreaming about Earth spinning into the Sun cooking the Earth. When in reality the Earth was freezing due to it leaving orbit, and heading into deep space. ( I may have it backwards). Really phecked.

Great stuff.

Top 5 Twilight Zone episode and maybe Shatners greatest acting job. On now. I cannot leave for work until it's over!!
I'm sorry, but that just does not come anywhere close to his superlative work in TJ Hooker!

Oh, and I like the episodes A Penny for Your Thoughts, The 7th Is Made Up of Phantoms and The Night of the Meek.

the mentioned ones plus the one where the guy is a prisoner on a planet by himself and when the alien visits us with the bus group

Reactions: Saint Puppy

Burgess Meredith, worked at a bank, and all he wanted to do was read books. Was in the vault at lunch, nuke strike. He is sole survivor. Goes to libray, gets a stack of books. Breaks his glasses on the steps. Phecked.

Guy with bomb shelter. Air raid warning. Goes into shelter with his family. Won't let his neighbors in. Turns out to be false alarm. Phecked.

Girl dreaming about Earth spinning into the Sun cooking the Earth. When in reality the Earth was freezing due to it leaving orbit, and heading into deep space. ( I may have it backwards). Really phecked.

Great stuff.
don't remember the last one? I'll have to find it and watch it tonigh

I really like the one about the crook who gets shot by a cop and ends up in "paradise" where he has everything he ever dreamed of until he can't take it anymore. He tells his guardian "angel" that he wants to leave heaven and go to hell. When the "angel" says "who ever said this was heaven", it still has a tremendous impact.

I really like the one about the crook who gets shot by a cop and ends up in "paradise" where he has everything he ever dreamed of until he can't take it anymore. He tells his guardian "angel" that he wants to leave heaven and go to hell. When the "angel" says "who ever said this was heaven", it still has a tremendous impact.
If it included RU playing 10-2 Fb and winning our Bowl Game ,I could take it forever.(Different RU FB teams throughout the never ending seasons and Oh Yeah,OPEN PRACTICES)

Great stuff.

Twilight Zone is awesome - Burgess Meredith one one of my all time favs.

Never saw this one - sounds interesting - do you know the name?

How about the episode of the woman undergoing plastic surgery for her disfigured face? When bandages are removed, nurse drops the medical equipment because surgery was a failure. Then you see that patient is beautiful and medical staff all have pig-like snouts. Think it's called "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" or something like that.

That woman was Donna Douglass who played Ellie Mae Clampett on the Beverly Hillbillies. She died a few years ago. Was an absolute goddess.

Reactions: 17Q66
Top 5 Twilight Zone episode and maybe Shatners greatest acting job. On now. I cannot leave for work until it's over!! Rod Serving was the guy who created all those stoned stories that we could never remember when the substances wore off..:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Leslie Ann Warren in the Night Gallery was "in the zone"

Mo

If I could get everything boxed from the ME channel plus all Chiller Theater flicks from the 50's which I believe are unavailable I would consider that a true score..

v0uae.jpg

I'm sorry, but that just does not come anywhere close to his superlative work in TJ Hooker!

Oh, and I like the episodes A Penny for Your Thoughts, The 7th Is Made Up of Phantoms and The Night of the Meek.

blah... 1966's Incubus was Shatner at his height.......... downhill from there.....

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A Stop At Willoughby is another one of my favorites.

Many great ones. I agree with the ones mentioned and I'll toss out some other of my favorites that don't get brought up much. Worlds Greatest Liar with Andy Devine when the aliens come down and he plays a harmonica and they think it is a death sound so he escape then his friends want him to tell a tall tale and he describes what happened. Changing of the Guard about the teacher who feels his life has been wasted and was going to commit suicide until his old pupils appear telling him how he helped them. The Last Flight about the WWI flyer who gets ascend chance to save his squadron leader. Incident at Owl Creek Bridge about the confederate soldier. Art Carney Christmas episode where he becomes Santa Clause. Many others.

Changing of the Guard about the teacher who feels his life has been wasted and was going to commit suicide until his old pupils appear telling him how he helped them.
I'd forgotten all about that one - loved that one also.
Art Carney Christmas episode where he becomes Santa Clause.
Night of the Meek which I mentioned above, probably my favorite of them all.

Reactions: phs73rc77gsm83
All of the half-hour episodes of TTZ are on Netflix. This one is from Season 1, Episode 28.
Right, season 4 is what they don't have and those are longer, I think. The Incident at Owl Creek Bridge is from that season.

Yeah a good one with Sebastian Cabot as the guardian angel. Crook wanted to go to the "other place" and he was told "this is the other place!"

Changing of the Guard about the teacher who feels his life has been wasted and was going to commit suicide until his old pupils appear telling him how he helped them
So did you recognize the professor? Some time after that, he played Ernst Stavro Blofeld. And then in the 70's and 80's, he was Dr Loomis in the Halloween movies.

So did you recognize the professor? Some time after that, he played Ernst Stavro Blofeld. And then in the 70's and 80's, he was Dr Loomis in the Halloween movies.

Donald Pleasence played Dr. Loomis in the Halloween movies. He did, also, play Ernst Blofeld in You Only Live Twice, in 1967. The character of Ernst Blofeld appears in no fewer than six other Bond movies but is played by a different actor in each one.

"The Howling Man" was my favorite although there's a good 10 or so that were unbelievable and groundbreaking and another 40-50 that were extremely entertaining.

For the many Twilight Zone fans on this board, look into "The Twilight Zone Companion", a terrific book
by Marc Zicree. It gives a synopsis for every TZ episode aired.

No one mentioned "The Invaders" where an old woman is terrorized by 8" tall aliens until the end when you find out the aliens are American astronauts on a planet of giants. Also, "the Hunt" where it is the old man's refusal to enter "heaven" because they won't let his dog in - Turns out his dog was very welcome in heaven, but the first stop on the road was actually hell. There was some awesome writing in the Twighlight Zone.

I saw most of those episodes when they were first shown,being the perfect ages for them,9 to 14.

The first season had me sometimes really scared.'The After Hours" and "The Hitchhiker" were two of them.

Some years back,someone on ioffer was selling a complete set copied from the CBS box set for only $35.

Meanwhile,on Thursday morning I complete my 54 week odyssey of taping all 270 episodes of Perry Mason on MeTV.

No one mentioned "The Invaders" where an old woman is terrorized by 8" tall aliens until the end when you find out the aliens are American astronauts on a planet of giants. Also, "the Hunt" where it is the old man's refusal to enter "heaven" because they won't let his dog in - Turns out his dog was very welcome in heaven, but the first stop on the road was actually hell. There was some awesome writing in the Twighlight Zone.
That was a good one too, the Invaders. A few others I really liked were, I don't remember the titles, but doomsday sirens go off and one family has a bomb shelter and the rest of the block doesn't and end up trying to break the door down.

"Obsolete Man" is another great one. And the Mr. Bevis one Burgess Meredith did also was great. He was in a few and they were all excellent.

There was always some kind of life lesson and it wrapped into a surprise ending and some amazing acting by big names at the time. I wish they had a show like that now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT