ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Now that most of us are home, besides checking this board what are you reading/watching

Glad you liked it.

Fascinating stuff. Some of the ideas and projects by Robert Moses were great and needed. Others, not so much.

Why weren’t they grateful?

its as much a history of 20th century NYC as a biography.

+1 for Succession following its Emmy win for Best Drama. Best show I've watched in a while, great writing, great characters, intense drama with plenty of funny moments. Just all around enjoyable.

+1 for Succession following its Emmy win for Best Drama. Best show I've watched in a while, great writing, great characters, intense drama with plenty of funny moments. Just all around enjoyable.
I tried.

Not one likeable character.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
Finally read Zap's book and really enjoyed it - many of the guys he talks about playing with were who I watched growing up. Reading Gregg Allman's autobiography now.

Reactions: Jm0513
I just went back and started up The 100 again. Had left off prior to season 5...almost caught up. Fun show but you want to punch the screen sometimes because decisions made are always going to be the wrong ones.

Just finished Entourage and understand why people loved it so much...I was waking up at 5:30am so I could get 3 episodes in before I had to walk the dogs- didn't want it to end. Then watched Silicon Valley - fun show. Before the Pandemic I watched the first 2 season of last man on earth- first season was really good and then it fell off quite a bit.

Also finally became the Last Man on Earth to watch GOT...Loved it until the ending like everyone else. What a Snow job...

Just finished Entourage and understand why people loved it so much...I was waking up at 5:30am so I could get 3 episodes in before I had to walk the dogs- didn't want it to end. Then watched Silicon Valley - fun show. Before the Pandemic I watched the first 2 season of last man on earth- first season was really good and then it fell off quite a bit.

Also finally became the Last Man on Earth to watch GOT...Loved it until the ending like everyone else. What a Snow job...
I am that man. Sorry.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Ozark next season coming out later this month. Can’t wait

Reactions: fsg2

Watch the entourage movie . I thought it was funny , but it got really bad reviews.

Two shows on Netflix.
The Night Stalker about the 80s serial killer in LA. Also The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel about this LA hotel where bad things happen.

I was watching Snow Piercer. I enjoyed season 1 but Sean Bean was added to the cast for this year playing the bad guy and it's lost my interest.

Was reading.... other than when it originally aired....... The Sopranos has never been as popular as it is right now...

a whole new generation is being introduced to it, watching and loving it.

for those unaware Christopher and Bobbie B. have been doing a hugely popular podcast of each episode:

I am close to finishing Vikings on Amazon Prime. It’s been up and down, started good, slowed down some, now picking up again.

That was a funny show

Ozark is good but kinda really slow .
I thought Your Honor on showtime was excellent . Who would have thought Cranston turned out to be the best actor of the Seinfeld cast.
Any shameless fans here ?

I thought Your Honor on showtime was excellent . Who would have thought Cranston turned out to be the best actor of the Seinfeld cast.

I gave up on Your Honor after 3 or 4 episodes. Couldn’t get into it.

Watched Shameless from the start.

Yep. I wish they would air the show and not this Hall of Shame crap. My second wish is that the girl who played Debbie would find another career. Lol

The only Hall of Fame I watched was Fiona, because, well it’s Emmy.

We're on episode 6 of Your Honor. It's pretty bad. Trying to be Breaking Bad but very poorly written. It has gotten a bit better but we almost bailed after the first few.

Loved Shameless and also hated Debbie but then realized if you are hating a character, then they are doing something right.
Yep. I wish they would air the show and not this Hall of Shame crap. My second wish is that the girl who played Debbie would find another career. Lol
I was really looking forward to this season...they had the first few episodes and honestly, thought it was very poorly done and then they hit you with this HOS crap. Are they going back to real episodes?

Watching Illinois DESTROY Muck at Muck and laughing as they play Hail to The Victors after losing by more than 20.

So- also now started to watch 60 days in...I had watched the first season quite a ways back. Came back and started on season 5 which was pretty good and now on season 6 - Dennis Brown ex QB at UConn and Norfolk St was on it...really came off as a complete asshole. Weird this is that while the dude is really in great shape on his upper body and they have him playing basketball and running- his legs are all sorts of messed up- some people online asking if he has rickets or something like that. Super skinny and bowed like crazy- when you see them, you almost wonder how he walks on them much less runs.

But- the show is really good

Loved the first few Shameless seasons, but show jumped the shark about as hard as I've ever seen. Maybe it was better watching seasons individually, but I binged 4 through 10, and just found it eye-rolling and ridiculous pretty quickly. Still entertaining, but in a cartoonish way.

Debbie and Ian storylines became particularly cringey.

Loved the first few Shameless seasons, but show jumped the shark about as hard as I've ever seen. Maybe it was better watching seasons individually, but I binged 4 through 10, and just found it eye-rolling and ridiculous pretty quickly. Still entertaining, but in a cartoonish way.

Debbie and Ian storylines became particularly cringey.
Yes, it’s eye rolling and ridiculous. But entertaining.

Reactions: fsg2
I am close to finishing Vikings on Amazon Prime. It’s been up and down, started good, slowed down some, now picking up again.

I watched a couple seasons and I thought it started to get repetitive so I stopped.
Tried to watch Black Sails. Had potential but too silly for me.

I watched a couple seasons and I thought it started to get repetitive so I stopped.
Tried to watch Black Sails. Had potential but too silly for me.

Agree, first couple of seasons were good. But the middle seasons were slow and as you said repetitive. A few episodes here and there got me interested again so stuck with it.

Just finished binge watching “Tell Me Your Secrets” on Amazon Prime. Season 1, 10 episodes all about 50 minutes each. Suspense thriller. I thought it was good, some nice twists.

Two shows on Netflix.
The Night Stalker about the 80s serial killer in LA. Also The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel about this LA hotel where bad things happen.

I was watching Snow Piercer. I enjoyed season 1 but Sean Bean was added to the cast for this year playing the bad guy and it's lost my interest.
The guy who directed Night Stalker, Tiller Russell, was on Joe Rogan this week. Great listen for podcast fans. He also directed the Silk Road movie that is out this week on demand which I’m going to watch soon. Watched his Operation Odessa last night on Netflix. Not sure how I missed this, amazing documentary.

The guy who directed Night Stalker, Tiller Russell, was on Joe Rogan this week. Great listen for podcast fans. He also directed the Silk Road movie that is out this week on demand which I’m going to watch soon. Watched his Operation Odessa last night on Netflix. Not sure how I missed this, amazing documentary.

I've seen Odessa. Didn't know it as the same guy.
Good catch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT