ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Mets Season

Who said Plawecki is lost? He took 1st base, scored, and high fived his teammates in the dugout when he scored.
Relax...did you see the pitch that plunked his hand?..it was nasty....you can't tell a fracture until x-rays occur...Fortunately not broken......and the post said "hopefully he's ok"...If there wasn;t any concern, he would not have been pinch hit for and Calloway just said that's all that was on his mind was losing 2 catchers on the same day untl the xrays came back negative.......have some wine and watch the yankee crybabies fight......poor tyler austin - a scrub - couldn't handle getting hit in the back - because of a not so clean slide.....wahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Relax...did you see the pitch that plunked his hand?..it was nasty....you can't tell a fracture until x-rays occur...Fortunately not broken......and the post said "hopefully he's ok"...If there wasn;t any concern, he would not have been pinch hit for and Calloway just said that's all that was on his mind was losing 2 catchers on the same day untl the xrays came back negative.......have some wine and watch the yankee crybabies fight......poor tyler austin - a scrub - couldn't handle getting hit in the back - because of a not so clean slide.....wahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You posted "lose both catchers on the same day," and you tell someone to relax when they tell you you were wrong that Plawecki was lost? I was on a phone conference and had the game on mute, and it was jarring to see that Plawecki may have been "lost."
No harm, no foul. It all worked out.

If we can dodge these darn injuries, this team feels different. No-hitter and the usual thought is ‘loss’. Now the thought is ‘we’ll get them next inning’.
Why did Florida pull their starter after 6 innings anyway? 6 no hit innings, 77 pitches. Worked out in our favor, but man baseball is so frustrating with it's insistence to get to the bullpen.

Certainly no one expected this kind of start, but it's not that surprising that the Mets have rebounded after a disastrous season last year. Last years team was talented but had an incredible amount of injuries.

And it is great to see the young Mets starters get some traction back on their careers. Wheeler last night was super encouraging.

Lose both catchers on same day...ugh!!!!...feel bad for Plawecki...hopefully he's ok.....fearing a fracture......Did Montero get DFA'd today? If so, get him...he has some pop
No thanks on Montero. His defense has slipped and can't throw out runners anymore. With our staff's (in)ability to hold runners on, we need all the help we can get behind the plate.

No thanks on Montero. His defense has slipped and can't throw out runners anymore. With our staff's (in)ability to hold runners on, we need all the help we can get behind the plate.
Don't think we ve thrown a runner out stealing this year to date. Maybe I'm wrong.

Why did Florida pull their starter after 6 innings anyway? 6 no hit innings, 77 pitches. Worked out in our favor, but man baseball is so frustrating with it's insistence to get to the bullpen.
I may be alone in this, but I will never criticize any manager for removing a pitcher "too soon". Particularly in the case of a career reliever making his first MLB start.

For this to mean much,the start will have to be extended to around 30-40 games.History is filled with teams starting off 10-0 and even better who were nowhere to be seen at the finish.

It can work in the other direction as well.The 51'Giants started off 2-12,finished 37-7 and won the pennant.The 69 Mets started off 18-23(I was at the 23),then went 82-39.

I may be alone in this, but I will never criticize any manager for removing a pitcher "too soon". Particularly in the case of a career reliever making his first MLB start.
Ah, was not aware of this detail. Changes the equation.

It wouldn't be The Mets if they didnt have 473 players on the DL at the same time...

LETS GO NIDO
LETS GO METS
#LGM #MickeyBall

It wouldn't be The Mets if they didnt have 473 players on the DL at the same time...

LETS GO NIDO
LETS GO METS
#LGM #MickeyBall
Let's be honest here. Many Mets fans wanted an upgrade at catcher.
Plawecki's offensive stats are terrible.
https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/p/plaweke01.shtml
d'Anaud's are not much better, and he does not exactly have a cannon for an arm:
https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/d/darnatr01.shtml

Biggest concern is chemistry between pitchers and catchers.
Maybe the Mets will turn a negative into a positive.

Mets have reportedly spoken to Marlins about trading for J.T. Realmuto
https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/mets-h...rlins-about-trading-for-jt-realmuto/272047524

Please, make this REAL and not MOOT. This would be just what the doctor ordered.
https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/r/realmjt01.shtml

On second thought, the article says:
Realmuto, who has not yet played this season due to a back injury, requested a trade prior to the season amidst the Marlins' recent firesale.

Sounds like more damaged goods...

Reactions: tico brown
Mets.com now reporting that Plawecki will not need surgery and could be back in 2-3 weeks. Since the Mets' track record on this type of thing is so impeccable, it would be foolish to doubt them.
Regardless of what the Mets say, I doubt he's coming back in 2-3 weeks. My hunch it's a ploy so other teams don't hold them ransom on potential deals. Easier to deal when you assert your catcher is back in 2-3 weeks rather than 2-3 months

Maybe I heard wrong during telecast. I thought they brought up two catchers after d'Arnaud went down, one very young and a decent veteran. Hopefully will see good stuff in what they have tonight to fill void.

Both Mets catchers are really backups and neither is very good but the pitching has been good so some credit must be given to them. We’ve probably seen the last of d’Arnaud as a Met.

I’d love Realmuto but the Mets are cheap, cheap, cheap. The farm system is crap and there is no way I’d give up Nimmo in the deal. I can’t see it happening.

Just a slight upgrade from Plawecki would be fine but I don’t see who that could be. A platoon of Nido and Lobaton is incredibly bad.

Matz with another solid 4 inning performance.

This guy just isn't a starter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT